• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

lavenderlungs

lavenderlungs

Nov 16, 2019
howdy all,

i've recently been prescribed a course of light sleep supplement tablets to 'help me sleep' but really i'm just using them as a way to escape my climbing paranoia.

i really love the way they gradually ease you into sleep, it feels nice and warm. i wonder what're people's thoughts on an OD with sleeping tablets? seems a nice way to exit, and because i've hardly ever had prescription meds before, i wouldn't have a tolerance for it and it could be effective...?

i guess i'll have to do some digging though threads and read up on it and if anything else is needed in conjunction. the SN method is intriguing, too.

kind of on the fence RE; ctb vs recovery. i have my first therapy appt tomorrow and have found a nice GP, but also joined this site to explore more methods and speak with others on the same wavelength. hm. i'll see where it takes me.

thanks for having me in the meantime! :hug:

Morphosis

Morphosis

Experienced
Sep 22, 2019
wonder what're people's thoughts on an OD with sleeping tablets? seems a nice way to exit, and because i've hardly ever had prescription meds before, i wouldn't have a tolerance for it and it could be effective...?
Sleeping tablets taken by themselves with nothing else in the mix are virtually impossible to overdose with. It would be purely a gesture and nothing more. Especially if they're just "light sleep supplement tablets" as you said.
Before I knew any better 20 years ago I took around 400 tablets of Temazepam and Diazepam and was away with the fairies for a day or 2. I hadn't realised it was never going to be lethal even with that many pills.
You can use them to help you chill out before other methods though!

Reactions: Deleted member 1768 and lavenderlungs
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
howdy all,

i've recently been prescribed a course of light sleep supplement tablets to 'help me sleep' but really i'm just using them as a way to escape my climbing paranoia.

i really love the way they gradually ease you into sleep, it feels nice and warm. i wonder what're people's thoughts on an OD with sleeping tablets? seems a nice way to exit, and because i've hardly ever had prescription meds before, i wouldn't have a tolerance for it and it could be effective...?

i guess i'll have to do some digging though threads and read up on it and if anything else is needed in conjunction. the SN method is intriguing, too.

kind of on the fence RE; ctb vs recovery. i have my first therapy appt tomorrow and have found a nice GP, but also joined this site to explore more methods and speak with others on the same wavelength. hm. i'll see where it takes me.

It's not gonna work.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and Deleted member 1768
APharmaDestroyedLife

APharmaDestroyedLife

Your RX drugs are likely your real problem
Nov 4, 2019
Not only is overdosing on benzos or sleeping pills virtually impossible regardless of how high the dose. I'm talking about even thousands of milligrams. But once you get dependent on these drugs ( can happen with 7 days of regular use) they will start to either not work at all or they will make your sleep worse. You will need more and more just to sleep, and when your doctor cuts you off you will likely endure the most horrific withdrawal. Please , if you haven't been on these long, stop taking them and try to find something natural to help you sleep. Just look up benzo withdrawal syndrome...trust me you dont want to go down this road.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, lavenderlungs, Quax and 1 other person
R

Ritter

Aug 30, 2019
howdy all,

What is the drug name?

but as others stated it's very hard to overdose on sleeping meds. The only real chance you have is considerable amounts of sleeping pills with a lot of alcohol...and even then your only real chance of dying is vomiting while asleep and aspirating said vomit...

The final exit book does detail a method that using a plastic bag (with elastic around opening) over the head, held open with thumbs until sleeping pills can cause you to pass out and allow you to suffocate but your reflexive SI (hypercapnic response) can still cause you to tear the bag off even if unconscious.

lavenderlungs

lavenderlungs

Nov 16, 2019
thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions! a friend said they'd known someone that had OD'd on sleeping pills, so i just wanted to hear a bit more about it. obviously it's not a reliable method by the sounds of it and may have been done in conjunction with something else.

i appreciate the feedback RE: sleeping aids. my GP put me on circadin which is like a light melatonin supplement bc he didn't want to give me anything 'hard' even tho that's what i wanted. guess he's actually looking out for me :pfff:

thanks for putting up with the dumb question from a newbie. :halo:

• Hugs
Reactions: Moony21
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
What about the classic combination of alcohol and sleeping pills? Does alcohol potentiate the sleeping pills? Or is this method just a kind of parasuicide as suggested?

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
R

Ritter

Aug 30, 2019
thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions! a friend said they'd known someone that had OD'd on sleeping pills, so i just wanted to hear a bit more about it. obviously it's not a reliable method by the sounds of it and may have been done in conjunction with something else.

i appreciate the feedback RE: sleeping aids. my GP put me on circadin which is like a light melatonin supplement bc he didn't want to give me anything 'hard' even tho that's what i wanted. guess he's actually looking out for me :pfff:

thanks for putting up with the dumb question from a newbie. :halo:

Unfortunately melatonin isn't anywhere close to being lethal. You could take a significant amount and not die.

You'd have had somewhat of a chance on lunesta, ambien, or hell a shit-ton of benadryl

What about the classic combination of alcohol and sleeping pills? Does alcohol potentiate the sleeping pills? Or is this method just a kind of parasuicide as suggested?

There are some risks and chances with the more potent sleeping pills and alcohol. Most prescription sleeping pills are a central nervous system depressant and that is magnified with alcohol (which is also a CNS depressant) the short answer is "it depends..." and that depends on a lot of factors. You'd have to consume well over a months worth of the highest strength prescription with a significant amount of alcohol to have a chance. And the best case is if you have 0 tolerance to either the drug or alcohol and lapse into respiratory failure.

There's also the story of someone who took a handfull of pills with a bottle of liquor and died but more often than not...you're going to live.

Reactions: Sensei and Deleted member 1768
T

TiredAndReadyToGo

Student
Nov 20, 2019
Unfortunately melatonin isn't anywhere close to being lethal. You could take a significant amount and not die.

You'd have had somewhat of a chance on lunesta, ambien, or hell a shit-ton of benadryl

There are some risks and chances with the more potent sleeping pills and alcohol. Most prescription sleeping pills are a central nervous system depressant and that is magnified with alcohol (which is also a CNS depressant) the short answer is "it depends..." and that depends on a lot of factors. You'd have to consume well over a months worth of the highest strength prescription with a significant amount of alcohol to have a chance. And the best case is if you have 0 tolerance to either the drug or alcohol and lapse into respiratory failure.
For legal reason not encouraging but I've been doing lots of research and Benadryl can actually be lethal at high doses, melatonin from the very limited research I've done is incredibly rarely lethal. Benadryl might bring along some nasty side effects but it's how I've choosen to CTB. I'm personally going with about 7-7.5g's, the lethal number so I have found is 25-40mg per kg so I wanted to take substancially higher in hope that it will potenticiate the sedative effect especially with a some alcohol mixed in. I'd recommend doing some research on it if pure diphenhydramine is available OTC where you are. (Just mean diphenhydramine that isn't mixed with acetaminophen/tylenol)

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
I see @TiredAndReadyToGo has already replied....
His thread has plenty of useful information :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/update-to-my-adventure.26509

From reading a few places, it does seem that alcohol increases the chances of a lethal outcome...

However, if possible it would be better to consider more peaceful options...
But if you can get better and not CTB then that should always be the preference of course....

T

TiredAndReadyToGo

Student
Nov 20, 2019
I see @TiredAndReadyToGo has already replied....
His thread has plenty of useful information :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/update-to-my-adventure.26509

From reading a few places, it does seem that alcohol increases the chances of a lethal outcome...

However, if possible it would be better to consider more peaceful options...
But if you can get better and not CTB then that should always be the preference of course....
What JGM has said is 100% true, I only mentioned Diphenhydramine since it was another OD method. If you have other methods available like SN they should be treated with preference but it sounds like you also have the option to potentially get better, which if it is, is I recommend. In my opinion CTB is only for if there is nothing else, no chance of things getting better, or a chance for recovery. Not to tell you what to do but don't make the decision lightly as it's one you can't undo. :hug:

Last edited:
takeyourshotfunboy

takeyourshotfunboy

Smile...
Oct 11, 2019

There's also the story of someone who took a handfull of pills with a bottle of liquor and died but more often than not...you're going to live.
NO. Do not overdose on Benadryl. It is very painful.

T

TiredAndReadyToGo

Student
Nov 20, 2019
NO. Do not overdose on Benadryl. It is very painful.
I'm not saying its the best way to go or advising to do it. I am simply stating an option that has some substance to it rather than the melotonin. I agree it may not be the most peaceful way but from my research, with a high enough dose mixed with alcohol it would amplify the sedative effect and hopefully knock you out. But I am not talking about 1g or even 2g as people use that to trip I am talking 4g's plus as a starting point (or 25mg-40mg+ per kg). I am not trying to argue or advocate for the method, It definitely isn't a way to go unless you have done research into it, plan extensively, and take careful measures for execution.

Last edited:
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
There's one disadvantage with Benadryl and that is that you will start hallucinating at high doses. Judging from available trip reports, the hallucinations are almost invariably NOT pleasant. Big and/or many scorpions seem to be a common theme.

Erowid trip reports