W

WhatMightHaveBeen

Sep 16, 2024

One of the reasons I want to die sooner rather than later is my fear of a violent death in a nuclear war. As I've said here before, only a lucky relatively small percent of humanity will die instantly at or near ground zero; the rest will be badly burned, crushed or trapped by debris and rubble, die agonizing deaths from radiation poisoning, or starve or freeze in a nuclear winter.

Well, it looks like we continue to march toward this scenario without missing a beat. I will be adding videos and/or articles to this thread that outline major steps in this march as they occur.

Despite my hopeless financial situation, pending homelessness, unbearable regret over my lost career and investment fortune, and fear of nuclear Armageddon, my SI remains strong. But if I thought the missiles were about to fly in the ensuing days or weeks, I might find the strength to take the necessary risks (definite eviction and homelessness, possible arrest) involved in my opioid CTB attempt. Right now I feel like we are still months or even a couple years away from all-out war, but that is easily subject to change as the situation develops.

However far away we are, I believe nuclear conflict is an inevitablility. Climate change won't have the necessary time to affect civilization more deeply before nuclear war wipes out most life on the planet. Maybe artificial general intelligence or superintelligence will eradicate all life before a nuclear war can happen, but that's a whole different thread, and anyway my money is on the nukes.