Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
So in my previous attempts to ctb I only ever once wrote a note and it was 4 lines or so of nonsense (probably reflecting my state of mind).
Since then in an effort to improve my odds of success as part of my 'training' I've tried to make some practice notes, but this is proving to be vexing.
Trying to articulate the voices of your own private death row is so complicated.
Usually I get through about half a page and lose my rag as I've not come up with anything meaningful for anyone.
Bit like this thread really.
Anyone share this experience and have any helpful tips for me?

Reactions: lemmeeleev, Jc40, Hopeless_soul and 2 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Read other suicide notes... use them as a template

Reactions: lemmeeleev, Hopeless_soul, Robbyna and 2 others
Robbyna

Robbyna

Student
Mar 6, 2019
Is there a song, poem, book, piece of art that encompasses your feelings? How important is leaving a note for you? I've decided not to leave one. The state of my life is enough of an explanation and I tell the people I love that I love them all the time, so much so that I think they'll still be able to recall my voice long after I'm gone...soon I hope.

Reactions: lemmeeleev, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Redt2go
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Thanks for your help.
I think if I don't leave a note it may look like an accident as I'm not currently sharing my feelings with anyone except here.
That is a good idea about poems and music and there are many things that spring to mind that would go some way to helping me.
Sorry for your trouble, I'm glad you tell your loved ones you love them.
DBD

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lemmeeleev
Robbyna

Robbyna

Student
Mar 6, 2019
Thanks for your help.
I think if I don't leave a note it may look like an accident as I'm not currently sharing my feelings with anyone except here.
That is a good idea about poems and music and there are many things that spring to mind that would go some way to helping me.
Sorry for your trouble, I'm glad you tell your loved ones you love them.
DBD
Your comment made me think about why I won't write a note. It was helpful and cathartic for me to consider my reasoning. I'm glad my suggestions were even a little useful. No trouble at all!!

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lemmeeleev and Dead beat dad
M

Mybattle

Feb 27, 2019
I just wrote mine, it is for me impossible to explain myself and try to take away the pain from my loved ones but I did the best I could.

It is terrible for me because I have people who love me.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lemmeeleev and Dead beat dad
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Have you read your note back since writing? How did you feel?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lemmeeleev and Robbyna
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
I have no idea how you convinced a female to have sex with you much less have a child with you given your username "Dead beat dad" and how much trouble you have doing something as basic as writing a suicide note. It's not rocket science.

Here you might find this helpful.
HOW TO WRITE A SUICIDE NOTE
archive.ashspace.org/ashbusstop.org/Note.html
You know maybe you're right and I've over analyzed this.
In real life I'm charming and a bit of a looker, getting women to have sex with me is not something I've struggled with.
If I had the aptitude for something like rocket science then maybe I would've done something more useful in life.
You know what they say about looks and smarts.
Thanks for the advice brother.
DBD

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Johnnythefox