A

ASwissGuy99

Just a lonely wanderer, wandering aimlessly
Mar 16, 2023
I noticed many peo lifers suddenly change their tune when you tell them you live on disability benefits, but aren't severely visibly disabled.

Suddenly they get mad at you at least online, and say either you stop being lazy, go get a job, or stop leeching off taxpayers money, and basically go homeless, which mwould lead to an early death.

Most of them have no sympathy if you aren't severely visibly disabled. Because apparently I could get a decent job they say if I just tried hard enough.

But I'm just lazy. And yes some of them said it would be better if I offed myself instead of being a burden.

At the same time they call the cops on you if you really tried it

So, they want you to be a good wageslave, or die, basically.

But if you die you should do it quietly they say.

They really think they can bully me into a job, right?

Who would hire me with my many health issues?

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: PoisonousPotato, Midnight-rain, untothedepths and 5 others
Roland7979

Roland7979

Mar 20, 2023
People in general know very little about various health issues unless it affects them personally, or someone close to them. I know it might be difficult but the best thing would be to try to just ignore other peoples opinions on the matter. Clearly, medical professionals have reviewed your situation and you qualified for benefits so screw what anyone has to say about it. Don't let them bring you down!

I do know how you feel though. I'm not on disability, but I've been on sick leave for almost five months now, and I'm not sure where this will end.

Reactions: Hollowman and Lost in a Dream
A

ASwissGuy99

Mar 16, 2023
People in general know very little about various health issues unless it affects them personally, or someone close to them. I know it might be difficult but the best thing would be to try to just ignore other peoples opinions on the matter. Clearly, medical professionals have reviewed your situation and you qualified for benefits so screw what anyone has to say about it. Don't let them bring you down!

I do know how you feel though. I'm not on disability, but I've been on sick leave for almost five months now, and I'm not sure where this will end.

Thing is they refuse to do serious screenings because they think it's all mental

Roland7979

Roland7979

Mar 20, 2023
Thing is they refuse to do serious screenings because they think it's all mental

Well, even if it's mental it wouldn't change a thing. If you can't work because you're paralysed from the neck down, or because it's something mental doesn't make a difference. You're too sick to work, so you're on disability benefits.

I'm sort of in the same boat. I do have a lot of physical issues right now, but I also have mental health issues. And the combination of the two is dynamite. So far it's being labelled depression/some liver damage/long Covid/vertebrae degradation. But it's all very vague and it makes me feel like an idiot.

A

ASwissGuy99

Mar 16, 2023
Well, even if it's mental it wouldn't change a thing. If you can't work because you're paralysed from the neck down, or because it's something mental doesn't make a difference. You're too sick to work, so you're on disability benefits.

I'm sort of in the same boat. I do have a lot of physical issues right now, but I also have mental health issues. And the combination of the two is dynamite. So far it's being labelled depression/some liver damage/long Covid/vertebrae degradation. But it's all very vague and it makes me feel like an idiot.

No it's physical but they deny it

K

Keepuperer

Feb 22, 2023
Schizophrenia has an unemployment rate of around 90% and a reduced life expectancy of about fifteen years, not just due to suicide but also due to things like the effect medications can have on your organs, some of the biggest numbers in measuring the impact of disabilities. Intellectual disabilities also have shocking numbers. Where I live, it's legal to pay people with disabilities a percentage of minimum wage despite the role's average hourly rate, so you often also end up with people with intellectual disabilities working for as little as $2 an hour, while their able peers work for about $18 - 20. The people who think employment is a worthwhile pursuit for people with major disabilities here, or that it's even possible for the majority, are just delusional.

I think that people who are pro-life tend to be very uninformed or do a lot of magical thinking. Bluntly, they probably saw a movie on Lifetime about a kid with cerebral palsy learning to swim and think it applies to everybody.

Reactions: HopelessSoul, AllMyDreams, Hollowman and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those people just sound so incredibly cruel and insensitive, they just cannot understand as after all they aren't experiencing your life. It's really awful how people dismiss and invalidate suffering like that, at least to me it's best to just take no notice of them.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Minimum wage, social welfare, universal basic income and euthanasia are all ways of reducing sufferings. If people enjoy seeing others suffer, they will object to them all.