Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
Sometimes I wish to disappear and simply not exist. I want to just immediately be gone without any pain or anything. But the idea of the world going on without me, that my friends will just live their lives and I won't see any of them seems kinda weird. I just can't imagine not being anywhere. Thinking that I would never go to university, never meet new people and never experience anything ever again seems abstract. It's even kinda scary that everything that is in my life will change and move forward but I wouldn't be there to see this, I wouldn't be anywhere. At the same time not existing seems peaceful, there's zero problems when you're just not there. I wouldn't have to do anything and I wouldn't be anyone.
I have these two mindsets and some days I feel that not existing is peaceful and other days I feel weird about the thought of not existing.

• Hugs
Reactions: d3c96524be95, Sannti and lna_
FadingSunshine

FadingSunshine

Nothing lasts forever.
Jul 8, 2023
I personally take comfort in the fact that life will go on. Deep down we all think we are important and that we matter but frankly we don't. All of our small and meaningless impact will be gone within a couple years after our death. In the grand scheme of things my death means nothing. That being said I think if I believe I can have a net positive life or if I can provide positivity to those around me, I should keep living even if I don't want to.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
abdelrahman

abdelrahman

Jul 9, 2023
what's so scary about not existing. it's just like it was before you were born

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
For me non-existence forever is the only comfort and relief in such a dreadful reality, all that appeals to me is the permanent escape from all suffering and there is nothing to fear once one is gone as they are completely unaware.

But I do get that it's difficult to comprehend not being here as this existence is all we know but we all have to cease existing someday, I see death as being the most normal thing, we are just destined to be forgotten about. But anyway I wish you the best, the only thing that terrifies me is this hellish world where there is unlimited potential to suffer endlessly and non-existence is the absence of all that suffering.

Reactions: Tionally
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Sometimes I wish to disappear and simply not exist. I want to just immediately be gone without any pain or anything. But the idea of the world going on without me, that my friends will just live their lives and I won't see any of them seems kinda weird. I just can't imagine not being anywhere. Thinking that I would never go to university, never meet new people and never experience anything ever again seems abstract. It's even kinda scary that everything that is in my life will change and move forward but I wouldn't be there to see this, I wouldn't be anywhere. At the same time not existing seems peaceful, there's zero problems when you're just not there. I wouldn't have to do anything and I wouldn't be anyone.
I have these two mindsets and some days I feel that not existing is peaceful and other days I feel weird about the thought of not existing.
U go away every night in dreamless sleep. Where does the consciousness go? The reason consiousness goes away so easily every night during dreamless sleep is that it's just an illusion generated by the brain,

Non-existence forever It's like before I was born when I had no problems

Last edited:
Reactions: Tionally
D

d3c96524be95

Student
Jan 24, 2023
I'm feeling exactly the same, and I know it is irrational because death and nothingness will happen at some point anyways, and you have nothing to fear if you just "don't exist" ; it's not as if you were going to suffer or something. As others said, our own existence is negligible. 99.99999% of us will be forgotten after 3 or 4 generations, no matter what we do. Even the pain we may cause to our loved ones by dying is zero compared to the sum of all the suffering in sentient life, and that pain is also transient. There's no point, but regardless, void is still kinda frightening, at least to some of us.

While we exist death is not present, and when death is present we no longer exist. — Epicurus

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Tionally and pthnrdnojvsc