• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
do non lethal suicides like overdose on painkillers or antidepressants like zoloft cause brain damage? i know that these methods can be lethal but they arent in most cases. so after an attempt like this, would the person have brain damage or just organ damage?

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I had an OD with different pills last year, sertraline (zoloft) was one of them. The doctors said I was lucky not to have suffered permanent brain damage!

Also, my stomach was a mess for almost 2 months.

• Aww..
Reactions: Nymph
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I had an OD with different pills last year, sertraline (zoloft) was one of them. The doctors said I was lucky not to have suffered permanent brain damage!

Also, my stomach was a mess for almost 2 months.
oh :[ sorry to hear that

but what was wrong with your stomach after that?

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
oh :[ sorry to hear that

but what was wrong with your stomach after that?

I just couldn't eat anything! Otherwise, I puked!
It was a horrible experience but I was kinda happy deep in my heart because I had lost lots of pounds lol.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: MikeDeross82, Abir_london and Nymph
notreallynow

notreallynow

Oct 21, 2020
Anything that drops your blood pressure very low or causes shock risks brain damage, including blood loss.. Think of like this. Why do people get resuscitated? If someone has an advanced disease, virus, cancer, or massive trauma to the organs, restarting their heart alone is not gonna do much. You have to treat whatever is causing the heart to stop eg. the poison. They could try but if the patient revives - the original cause of death hasn't gone anywhere!

In case of toxicity, if the patient is at the stage of cardiac arrest the poisoning must be advanced and successfully treating it is unlikely. So at the stage of serious brain damage (no oxygen = brain cells go RIP) chances of saving that person to end up with someone live but brain damaged is low.

OTOH for hanging, drowning CO the cause of cardiac arrest is usually very obvious and simple to remove eg a ligature around the neck which anyone can cut off, and once you do that oxygen resumes flowing and chances of successful resuscitation are relatively high. So EVERYTHING that can kill you will cause some kind of brain damage, the risk depends on how easy it is to revive someone after they've reached the point where the brain cells are beung deprived of oxygen. And with hanging, you are obviously starting with that bit, so risks are higher than for other methods.

Reactions: Nymph