Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
For the most part, I only have myself to blame for arriving at this spot in life… I have suffered from depression intermittently for the past 40 or 50 years. But for the past 15 years I managed to live a fairly comfortable lifestyle. As it turns out, I had been fooling myself. While all of my peers were busy with (often extreme) professional success, buying houses, having children and sending them off to college etc.… I lived a more bohemian existence or so I told myself.
The reckoning was swift and brutal. Girlfriend broke up with me. Sent me into a crushing depression wherein I did not sleep for an entire month.
Made a very bad financial decision. And now I am literally hungry. And no prospect for employment whatsoever. My brain is fried. Zero motivation. Quite honestly, I had never even considered CTB until About six weeks ago. Always assumed that was for genuinely crazy people. No matter how bad things got I always had hope. Miss guided perhaps. But hope nonetheless. And when you lose hope, You are finished.
I have some savings but if I don't go out and get some kind of job in the next couple years, I will be a homeless person on the street More or less. And I have zero will to actually get any type of job and I would probably be entirely incompetent doing just about anything.

I don't actually want to CTB. I love people. I love life. There is so much I want to do. So many places I would love to see. So many experiences I would love to have. But I don't have the $.

My future is bleak, painful, and lonely.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: 9BBN, sandalphon, ascetic_ and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is painful when everything is hopeless. I'm sorry that things are this bad, life is just so unfair. It is sad when someone wants to live but they are unable to. I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
It is painful when everything is hopeless. I'm sorry that things are this bad, life is just so unfair. It is sad when someone wants to live but they are unable to. I wish you the best.
You are very kind. I can't say that life was unfair to me. It was really quite generous. I just screwed up a lot of opportunities partly due to mental health issues and self delusion. Feels like I am playing a video game but I didn't bother to read the instructions. Now I just want to hit reset and do it properly now that I know how it works. Oops too late.

• Hugs
Reactions: 9BBN and Dead Meat