therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I'm sick of hearing the "I know what it feels like" then often something like "trust me, this passes" shit. No, however much we would like to, we will never truly know what another person experiences. Because we are not that person. It makes me furious when people just can't accept this. A happy fulfilled person cannot even imagine what it is like to be desperate to ctb yet they will always act like they do....

I have known the pain of heartache. I have know intense physical pain. I have known the feeling of all hopes and dreams collapsing and everything falling apart. I have not, and cannot even imagine, the torture of living with chronic pain or a chronic illness. I cannot imagine what it is like to be homeless, or to be abused. But moreover, though I know the pain of hearache, I do not know the pain of your heartache. And I do not know how you experience the collapse of your hopes and dreams, even though mine have collapsed as well. All I can do is empathise with you deeply and hope you find peace, whatever that might mean to you, including death.

Because it is sickening and pretentious to assume you know what is best for somebody else

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 30 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I just couldn't imagine what self harm "would be like". Until I experienced it only recently.

The fact that there's a difference would blow most people's minds. (Self harm vs suicidal)

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 7 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I have known the pain of heartache. I have know intense physical pain. I have known the feeling of all hopes and dreams collapsing and everything falling apart. I have not, and cannot even imagine, the torture of living with chronic pain or a chronic illness. I cannot imagine what it is like to be homeless, or to be abused. But moreover, though I know the pain of hearache, I do not know the pain of your heartache. And I do not know how you experience the collapse of your hopes and dreams, even though mine have collapsed as well. All I can do is empathise with you deeply and hope you find peace, whatever that might mean to you, including death

I hope I'll always have this in the back of my mind.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 3 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Something happened?

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Hope you're "ok" :(

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
As I always say "who am I to judge anyone, you never know what people have been through, or are going through"

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 10 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
This is why I like telling normies, "You think you know what it's like? Walk in my shoes and visit my dark side for a week."

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 6 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
This is why I like telling normies, "You think you know what it's like? Walk in my shoes and visit my dark side for a week."
LMAO thank you!!!

Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
As I always say "who am I to judge anyone, you never know what people have been through, or are going through"
I knew he copied and pasted

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I really have my foot in my mouth today, apologies @Johnnythefox

M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
I'm sick of hearing the "I know what it feels like" then often something like "trust me, this passes" shit. No, however much we would like to, we will never truly know what another person experiences. Because we are not that person. It makes me furious when people just can't accept this. A happy fulfilled person cannot even imagine what it is like to be desperate to ctb yet they will always act like they do....

I have known the pain of heartache. I have know intense physical pain. I have known the feeling of all hopes and dreams collapsing and everything falling apart. I have not, and cannot even imagine, the torture of living with chronic pain or a chronic illness. I cannot imagine what it is like to be homeless, or to be abused. But moreover, though I know the pain of hearache, I do not know the pain of your heartache. And I do not know how you experience the collapse of your hopes and dreams, even though mine have collapsed as well. All I can do is empathise with you deeply and hope you find peace, whatever that might mean to you, including death.

Because it is sickening and pretentious to assume you know what is best for somebody else
This is a nicely-written post which resonates with me. Love it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 6 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I really have my foot in my mouth today, apologies @Johnnythefox
Don't worry about it mate, I was just confused.com

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018

That was well written and insightful. I related profoundly to what you wrote and how you expressed it.

Sanguinius

Sanguinius

Chicken of ss
Aug 9, 2018
Good post! I would add:

That's why every reason to ctb is a valid reason. No matter what other people say.
Because they will never understand your pain.
Because they will never understand your reason.
Because they will never be the same as you.

Because every human is different.

Don't let other people invalid your reasoning. Do, what you, and only you, think it's right. Only then you'll find your peace.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 5 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Good post! I would add:

That's why every reason to ctb is a valid reason. No matter what other people say.
Because they will never understand your pain.
Because they will never understand your reason.
Because they will never be the same as you.

Because every human is different.

Don't let other people invalid your reasoning. Do, what you, and only you, think it's right. Only then you'll find your peace.

Yes!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
That is a key component with human connection. Something whether we like it or not, is innately wired in us to have that, to want it, to need it for survival. We see it with our friends always going to each other for comfort, to get off bad stuff, and it's normal as hell, but when we do it, we come off to them as needy or selfish. They can't deal with that stuff, they say whatever cliche response that can resolve them of responsibility for you. "Yeah I did the best I can, that's okay" is what they'll usually say when they're free from you. And then when you CTB, they'll ask themselves, "Wish I could've done more for them, why didn't I?"

I don't waste my time talking to people about my issues, they'll never understand my pain and I don't need to waste any emotions when I things don't go as expected. I make small talk, talk about other things, but never about my issues. I find distractions like humor and being kind when I need to rather than talking about my issues. It's tiring and I always need a recharge at the end of the day. The default saying is, "I'm fine"

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, SiArc and 8 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
That is a key component with human connection. Something whether we like it or not, is innately wired in us to have that, to want it, to need it for survival. We see it with our friends always going to each other for comfort, to get off bad stuff, and it's normal as hell, but when we do it, we come off to them as needy or selfish. They can't deal with that stuff, they say whatever cliche response that can resolve them of responsibility for you. "Yeah I did the best I can, that's okay" is what they'll usually say when they're free from you. And then when you CTB, they'll ask themselves, "Wish I could've done more for them, why didn't I?"

I don't waste my time talking to people about my issues, they'll never understand my pain and I don't need to waste any emotions when I things don't go as expected. I make small talk, talk about other things, but never about my issues. I find distractions like humor and being kind when I need to rather than talking about my issues. It's tiring and I always need a recharge at the end of the day. The default saying is, "I'm fine"

I don't talk about my issues either but I've become the central object of interest after my first attempt failed badly

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
For me, when I have problems and I need help, I become invisible to the world. When I'm fine and the world has problems, they all come to me.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, SiArc and 6 others