• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: vak, archiveofpain, lovedread and 30 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I agree that things have gotten weird lately. While never perfect, this used to be a remarkably safe place considering the diversity of users.

Reactions: lovedread, 3/4Dead, enduringwinter and 3 others
F&Inside

F&Inside

🌊🌊🌊
Aug 9, 2023
Hello
I'm sorry this has happened to you and hope you find people who are worthwhile

Reactions: lovedread and pilotviolin
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I agree that things have gotten weird lately. While never perfect, this used to be a remarkably safe place considering the diversity of users.
Time to get the cats out
cat try me GIF

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: sancta-simplicitas, Sprite_Geist, lacrimosa and 4 others
AmericanMary

AmericanMary

Mage
Apr 30, 2024
I'm sorry this has been your experience. I can relate. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to reach out <3 I am open to DMing abt anything except CTB plans<3

• Love
Reactions: eatantz and Saturn_
Saturn_

Saturn_

Arcanist
Apr 22, 2024
Definitely feels like the atmosphere of this forum has shifted for worse in the past few weeks. I'm sorry you don't feel safe here, at times I've been feeling similarly. Like AmericanMary said, if you ever need someone to vent to without the pressure of other potentially shitty people lurking, I am here 🤗

• Aww..
Reactions: vak, lovedread, enduringwinter and 2 others
kinderbueno

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
Yea it feels like nowhere on the Internet is truly safe now

Reactions: Circles, ijustwishtodie and eatantz
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yea it feels like nowhere on the Internet is truly safe now
It's always been that way since day 1. Nowhere is safe, not even SS. And I'm not referring to the points which OP is referring to. Just being around humans in general isn't safe. It never is, it never will be. Trusting a random person you barely talked to is a massive recipe of disaster

• Aww..
Reactions: WearyWanderer, J&L383, lamargue and 2 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I think this could be because the Sanctioned Suicide forum has gained much attention in the recent years, and in turn gained in size as many more people have registered; when a community grows beyond a certain size, its members start to lean more towards others who share the most beliefs with them - because at this point suicidal thoughts are not enough to relate - and the community as a whole starts to fragment. Tribes form, and hostility follows; it is cancerous.

Reactions: J&L383, NumbItAll and Circles
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
Noticing this too... I'm a guy but seeing it still makes me cringe and wildly uncomfortable for the rest of y'all. I do see mods doing their best to keep it to a min though and I respect that.

Downdraft

Downdraft

Alive and kicking btw
Feb 6, 2024
I think this could be because the Sanctioned Suicide forum has gained much attention in the recent years, and in turn gained in size as many more people have registered; when a community grows beyond a certain size, its members start to lean more towards others who share the most beliefs with them - because at this point suicidal thoughts are not enough to relate - and the community as a whole starts to fragment. Tribes form, and hostility follows; it is cancerous.
Near half the users were like that in 2018, thanks to our wonderful founders, who had not a bit of neutrality, and their userbases came here. There's a reason why it took me 6 years to join here.

It greatly improved over the years, but there is still work to do. I hope mods get more strict with what it's allowed.

Reactions: J&L383
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
Misogyny seems inevitable as the forum was originally founded by two hardcore incels. I imagine much of the initial userbase were also incels, so even though the founders are gone, it makes sense that these attitudes still linger.

Using "autism/autist" as an insult is just a Gen Z thing and is parallel to how Millennials used the word "retard" previously. It's sad but eh, every gen has something like this for whatever reason. It will fall out of fashion eventually.

Reactions: J&L383 and Zanmato