suicider

suicider

Jan 9, 2020
I have a master's degree and am unemployed since 2019. I've had a very pleasant beginning and was very excited for my first job. Earning money. Building my own family. But currently I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I had a very bumpy ride in 2019 and considered suicide for the last few months. I abused alcohol and DPH during these months as well. I am currently im counseling, because I decided that I could not continue like that. I was clean for a month, but I relapsed this week. I don't know where to went, thus I am rambling here... Anyone else with similar problems?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brink and ghostspace
ghostspace

ghostspace

ghost space, ghosts pace
Feb 10, 2020
Oh god it's the worst. I'm on disability until they figure out meds for my physical illness, and I have NOTHING to do, it just makes me super self-destructive. I signed up for some volunteer work and stuff, but even that's not enough to keep me busy. I like being busy all the time because it keeps the darker thoughts away. Good for you for getting into counseling. A relapse is just a bump in the road, you can get back up and keep moving forward. We all mess up sometimes, and learning to forgive yourself is part of the process (one of the most important parts!)

I'm sorry life's been hard on you, you seem capable and intelligent; I really believe in you, if that means anything coming from a stranger. You recognized when you needed help and reached out, not everyone has the strength or self-awareness to do that. Just take one day at a time and go easy on yourself.

Reactions: Brink and suicider
suicider

suicider

Jan 9, 2020
Oh god it's the worst. I'm on disability until they figure out meds for my physical illness, and I have NOTHING to do, it just makes me super self-destructive. I signed up for some volunteer work and stuff, but even that's not enough to keep me busy. I like being busy all the time because it keeps the darker thoughts away. Good for you for getting into counseling. A relapse is just a bump in the road, you can get back up and keep moving forward. We all mess up sometimes, and learning to forgive yourself is part of the process (one of the most important parts!)

I'm sorry life's been hard on you, you seem capable and intelligent; I really believe in you, if that means anything coming from a stranger. You recognized when you needed help and reached out, not everyone has the strength or self-awareness to do that. Just take one day at a time and go easy on yourself.

Thank you, it means a lot to me. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: ghostspace
ghostspace

ghostspace

ghost space, ghosts pace
Feb 10, 2020
Thank you, it means a lot to me. I wish you the best.
you as well. feel free to reach out sometime if you just want to vent。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Reactions: suicider
D

Dear Flabby

Please listen to “Across the Universe”
Feb 20, 2020
A couple of things for alcohol misuse:

A prescription medication called Revia (Naltrexone). It works best if you take it according to the "Sinclair Method", but North American doctors often don't know how to properly prescribe it. Do your research before asking for it, or it is a waste.

If people are hassling you to go to 12 step "Anonymous" groups, give
www.smartrecovery.org
a try. It's for any addiction. Unlike AA, it is evidence based, not disease model, and not a lifetime program. It's been subject to clinical trials, and has been around for 25 years. You don't have to pray, chant, or hold hands, either:)

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and suicider
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
I have a master's degree and am unemployed since 2019. I've had a very pleasant beginning and was very excited for my first job. Earning money. Building my own family. But currently I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I had a very bumpy ride in 2019 and considered suicide for the last few months. I abused alcohol and DPH during these months as well. I am currently im counseling, because I decided that I could not continue like that. I was clean for a month, but I relapsed this week. I don't know where to went, thus I am rambling here... Anyone else with similar problems?
:-( :-[ Hugs from me to you! Here if you need a friendly ear!
I abused alcohol too. For a long time. And other drugs as well. I was trying to numb all my internal conflict. I'm sorry that you are going through a bumpy ride. I am feeling suicidal at the moment and have abused opiate pills Codeine and tranqs. To stop having to feel. I'm going through similar stuff. Like I said......I'm here if you need me! PM me if you need to chat!

Last edited:
Reactions: suicider