R

rizleechboy

Oct 13, 2023
It's Halloween weekend and on Friday after our class everyone was talking about what they're doing this weekend. No one asked me if I was doing anything. I'm not included in any of it. There's two group chats for our major that I'm not in because i have an android phone so they can't add me to iMessage and I don't have snap chat. Even the people I know fairly well, don't seem to care if I show up to anything for Halloween this weekend. I'm not part of anything. I wish someone would tell me what I did wrong so I can understand and try to fix it. I just don't understand what's wrong with me. I think I'm probably autistic. But I had good friends in highschool. I don't know. I thought maybe someone would say something to me. I even asked a few people, and they were just really vague. Maybe people literally just don't want me there. A few weeks ago we were on a trip and we were taking group photos and a girl said, "at least pretend you like us" as a joke, cuz I wasn't smiling. But I literally do like everyone I'm just shit at talking and no one fucking seems to like me.

Last edited:
skaro

skaro

idk anymore
Oct 25, 2023
Nothing's wrong with you, just seems like you didn't try too hard to include yourself in their activities, just make a snapchat account if that's what they use, and also, if you had friends in highschool it means you're fine, I didn't really have friends in highschool since I'm extremely neurodivergent. From the looks of it, it really doesn't seem like you're autistic or that there's anything wrong with you.

R

rizleechboy

Oct 13, 2023
Nothing's wrong with you, just seems like you didn't try too hard to include yourself in their activities, just make a snapchat account if that's what they use, and also, if you had friends in highschool it means you're fine, I didn't really have friends in highschool since I'm extremely neurodivergent. From the looks of it, it really doesn't seem like you're autistic or that there's anything wrong with you.
I did ask people, they only gave some vague answers, didn't ask me what I was doing. I think they just don't want me there. And in all honesty I think if I'm not autistic and the Something Wrong With Me that has always been there forever is just unknowable, unchangeable, and inherent then that is probably worse. When I started researching it a few years ago I thought it was an answer. Not a solution, obviously, but an answer.

skaro

skaro

idk anymore
Oct 25, 2023
I did ask people, they only gave some vague answers, didn't ask me what I was doing. I think they just don't want me there. And in all honesty I think if I'm not autistic and the Something Wrong With Me that has always been there forever is just unknowable, unchangeable, and inherent then that is probably worse. When I started researching it a few years ago I thought it was an answer. Not a solution, obviously, but an answer.
Even if you seem a bit different, it doesn't mean there's something wrong with you. Different =/= wrong.
It seems like they have their own group going and none of them are brave enough to add you to it for fear of being judged by the others, I don't know what's really happening obviously but it's just a guess. Sort of like the bystander effect, you could say. It absolutely doesn't mean something is wrong with you.