I

Imgonnadie

Student
Oct 16, 2018
My first job I was majorly suicidal at I suffered for months until I couldn't hide it and I would let loose a little of what I was feeling. Didn't stop my coworkers from continuing to treat me like shit. One of them even made a joke about it. In my second job shortly before I got fired I was borderline freaking out and my coworker just laughed at me and encouraged me to quit. I got hauled off to the psych ward for anonymously venting about my first job online after I quit it and the police tracked my ip. Psych ward workers where I was were cold, uncaring despicable people mostly.

As for my family, whenever I let slip a mention of my suicidiality to my sister who has also been suicidal and actually attempted before, she acts like she never heard it. She likes to say "yeah life sucks and you can kill yourself but there's no point in that you might as well stick around." I've never talked to my mother or brothers about it. My dad just puts the blame for being suicidal on me telling me things like "think about why you are suicidal and others are not." He sees parents beating kids as proper discipline, and while slapping me around the other day he told me something along the lines of "you may go back home and take my 'lessons' to heart and improve, or become more bitter and commit suicide, but I will know I did my best." He has been suicidal too. How great of him to pass his shitty suicidal genes onto me. How amazing that people that have suffered suicidal thoughts before can still be ugly as hell about it.

I don't want to die, but everything in my life sure encourages me to. In fact, I was even thinking of going back to that first job because it would lead to a good career if I stuck with it. I might not be around the same people if I went back. If I could just create enough independence for myself that I don't have to give a shit about what anyone else says or does to me, I could bear this life.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, CrushedHopes, DoNotLet2 and 1 other person
L

lymbo

Arcanist
Oct 12, 2019
what was the fyrst job?

Reactions: Imgonnadie
Little Mook

Little Mook

Oct 20, 2019
[QUOTE="Imgonnadie, post: 462042If I could just create enough independence for myself that I don't have to give a shit about what anyone else says or does to me, I could bear this life.
[/QUOTE]

Could you do that ?

I know a big part of my feeling worthless is never achieving anything . If I didn't think I would be judged I'd leave the house way more often!

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Imgonnadie
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
I'm sorry that you're having such a tough time. I understand how you feel, it is really tough to talk about CBT IRL, even though you feel you would like to talk to those you feel close to about something so important to you. People usually do not understand and feel threatened by CTB, either because they cannot deal with the idea of the resulting loss or because they themselves have been struggling with the idea of suicide for years but kept hanging on regardless.
I don't know your family situation, but I would assume that they are afraid to lose you. Even though you say your sister has been suicidal before, it's different if someone else is suicidal. Dealing with your own death and the cessation of suffering is very different than dealing with someone elses death and the added suffering over losing that person.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Imgonnadie
I

Imgonnadie

Student
Oct 16, 2018
was yt so bad?
Strongly wished I was dead every day walking into work at one point and that repeated for months. Guys I worked with were assholes to me. Coupled with being uncomfortable all the time with ocd like symptoms working outside all day
[QUOTE="Imgonnadie, post: 462042If I could just create enough independence for myself that I don't have to give a shit about what anyone else says or does to me, I could bear this life.

Could you do that ?

I know a big part of my feeling worthless is never achieving anything . If I didn't think I would be judged I'd leave the house way more often!
[/QUOTE]
it's just a matter of money

• Aww..
Reactions: CrushedHopes
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
I can't handle being bullied at all at work .
I get flash backs and stuff that make it worse ...
( I think that is common ... I mean - bullying is bad enough , but if it is compounded on years and years - ugh )

My latest crazy idea is to try and seek an employer who is actually 'woke' and a human being , in the emotionally aware sense .

I had to laugh ( hopelessly )at an initiative being wheeled out in construction to reduce suicides .
A mental health awareness raising ticket kind of thing ... all about helping people at work but NO mention of changing the
thug behavior underlying the problem in the first place .

Can you temp your way through some electrical helper jobs until you find a decent crew / firm ?
( hens teeth though right ? Worth a try though ? Easy to say ... I'm not doing it yet myself )

Good luck with it .

How amazing that people that have suffered suicidal thoughts before can still be ugly as hell about it.
I've thought about this a lot.
I've read about 'self soothing' violence - which is one spin .
Also - some people just never change their spots .
Too busy , stressed , etc to examine their process.
( my bro is classic - he emotionally monsters me just like our dad did ! I'm sure he doesn't know he's doing it as he hated dad
more than me and it would disgust him to know he was 'being dad ' ... but I doubt he ever will .
Saddest thing is I've been an aresehole too .... it's a shit this human thing .

Reactions: Imgonnadie
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
I think you should give yourself a little time and live for yourself! Screw what your father says it assholes at work. You'll never know how an amazing person you can become unless you take life by the balls and start living it the way you want to. Also make you could go see a shrink and a therapist at the same time to make you not care about other people opinions as much

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Little Mook and Imgonnadie
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
I've read your post again because I was thinking about your family situation. I think that the reaction of your father and sister are really just helplessness in regards to your wish to die. Of course they don't wish for you to die, they love you and care about you, even if they are unable to properly express that. It's tough to talk about your love and your fear with someone, it makes you feel vulnerable and (especially men) feel like you're weak, even though it has nothing to do with weakness at all.
Try to be kind to yourself <3

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Little Mook
CrushedHopes

CrushedHopes

Ex-narcissist that is looking to end himself soon
Nov 3, 2019
I'm so sorry to hear about your predicament. Have you researched which CTB method would be suitable for you?

ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
I'm sorry that your feeling so bad. I know it can feel like no one cares; and most people don't- they only care about themselves. But there are still some people out that there who care. I know that your just venting but I really hope that you feel better & idk, msg me if you wanna talk or vent more. Im really sorry you've been treated unfairly, especially by family.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Cookiedough8956