• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

pyamu

pyamu

love u so much u guys r the only nice ones left
Dec 14, 2021
IMG 7807 I did a 3x dilution to get around 10ppm or 10mg/L solution but I'm assuming my sn is not good bc of the nitrate content
There's a lot of error bc I don't have proper measuring tools but I used a scale (0 decimal places) and starsted at 1g/100mL with a graduated cylinder

Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm
Tzu

Tzu

Feb 5, 2024
I'm curious where the testing method of using aquarium strips to establish SN purity started. I've been in the aquarium hobby for a while, these strips (across all brands) are pretty widely regarded as being all but useless for establishing accurate nitrite/nitrate readings. I cannot imagine they do their job any better for this purpose. Liquid test kits, while a bit pricier, are much more reliable.

• Informative
Reactions: grahf and BrainShower
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
View attachment 129124I did a 3x dilution to get around 10ppm or 10mg/L solution but I'm assuming my sn is not good bc of the nitrate content
There's a lot of error bc I don't have proper measuring tools but I used a scale (0 decimal places) and starsted at 1g/100mL with a graduated cylinder
Looks good to me, as far as I know.

J

jujuklam

Jan 31, 2024
I'm curious where the testing method of using aquarium strips to establish SN purity started. I've been in the aquarium hobby for a while, these strips (across all brands) are pretty widely regarded as being all but useless for establishing accurate nitrite/nitrate readings. I cannot imagine they do their job any better for this purpose. Liquid test kits, while a bit pricier, are much more reliable.
Thanks for the tip, but what am I looking for exactly in a liquid test kit? Do I need to go to a particular type of store for what you suggest?

Tzu

Tzu

Feb 5, 2024
Thanks for the tip, but what am I looking for exactly in a liquid test kit? Do I need to go to a particular type of store for what you suggest?
You'd be looking for any kind of aquarium/pond water testing kit that includes tests for both nitrites and nitrates. Brand doesn't matter a lot, they're all pretty similar. You can buy those tests individually instead of getting the extras (API does a stand alone nitrite liquid test) but it's not necessarily cheaper than just buying a whole set.

Store wise it depends, most likely to carry them besides online sites are local fish keeping stores. Might find some in a generic pet store, but they often just carry the strips.
This would work fine. I've only got personal experience using NTlabs/API testing kits and i'd say those are the most commonly relied on in hobby (at least where i am) but there's not a lot of difference between liquid test kits, they're all basically equivalent.

Last edited:
pyamu

pyamu

love u so much u guys r the only nice ones left
Dec 14, 2021
Is nitrate showing up as a result a red flag? Or is nitrate being positive for SN a typical result?