Octavina

Octavina

Paint the black hole blacker
Jan 9, 2021
I spent less than one week in one, tried to hang myself with my bath robe the night before they discharged me. The ward doctor said she would prescribe me something for my insomnia and today the nurses were supposed to deliver my medication but on the phone they only mentioned my mood stabilizer, where the fuck is my Zopiclone, lorazepam or just anything less potent? They have my blood work, this is useless. Now I must self medicate with alcohol 4% because I'm a lightweight and every night I mix this cocktail cider with a shit ton of diphenhydramine pills. I know those won't kill me of course. I don't know what to do anymore they just wanted their bed spare. This is just more proof that I take up too much space in this world and need to ctb sooner

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Symbiote, yive, strangeceleste and 6 others
x_LittleAmy_x

x_LittleAmy_x

Student
Mar 18, 2021
I spent less than one week in one, tried to hang myself with my bath robe the night before they discharged me. The ward doctor said she would prescribe me something for my insomnia and today the nurses were supposed to deliver my medication but on the phone they only mentioned my mood stabilizer, where the fuck is my Zopiclone, lorazepam or just anything less potent? They have my blood work, this is useless. Now I must self medicate with alcohol 4% because I'm a lightweight and every night I mix this cocktail cider with a shit ton of diphenhydramine pills. I know those won't kill me of course. I don't know what to do anymore they just wanted their bed spare. This is just more proof that I take up too much space in this world and need to ctb sooner
NHS mental health services should be scrapped.
Close them down and start again.

Too often money is blamed but the fact is they don't have the right people working for them.

Reactions: strangeceleste, Deathbydemo, esoterispeec and 3 others
sparkie

sparkie

Student
Mar 14, 2021
No one cares they only pretend to care because they're getting paid we're basically all violent animals pretending to be civilised just look at our history wars, famine, rape, murder There's no such thing as Society it's a myth-

Reactions: AQUA, demuic, GenesAndEnvironment and 5 others
DarkWolf

DarkWolf

Worthless Loser
Mar 29, 2021
I was sectioned recently after trying to jump off a cliff. I was dischanged the next day with no help or advice they knew I was homeless and told me I might enjoy living in my car that has a smashed window. The most helpful advice they could offer me was that I'm not normal. They basically don't care all they want to do is physically stop you from ctb they don't care how we feel or how much we suffer.
You don't take up too much space it's just the NHS mental health services are shit.
I'm sorry this happened to you, you deserved better.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: TooConscious, GenesAndEnvironment, Symbiote and 1 other person
JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
You definitely don't take up too much space.
I'm so sorry this happened to you, and under a system built to care. What a joke.
Please take care of yourself this evening and don't blame yourself. The incompetence of the NHS is not a reflection of you or your worth.
Remember that, if you had gone private with your care, you would've almost certainly come out of this feeling better- pouring money at mental health care is the only sure way to receive mental health care. The only people I've known to recover from their mental illnesses/suicidality have gone private, a luxury not everyone can afford- definitely not me. You are worth the sum of your parts, good and bad, but mostly good else you wouldn't have the empathy to suffer so. The NHS is worth the scraps of effort it puts in and the overworked, uncaring staff it employs- ie, nothing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sandalphon, TooConscious, Deathbydemo and 1 other person
esoterispeec

esoterispeec

Student
Nov 20, 2020
NHS mental health services should be scrapped.
Close them down and start again.

Too often money is blamed but the fact is they don't have the right people working for them.
This 100%

Reactions: x_LittleAmy_x
melissa286

melissa286

Mar 22, 2021
They sound like the people who want to outlaw abortion but don't care if the baby suffers and starves after it's born.

Reactions: PDAnnie2610, sandalphon, TooConscious and 4 others
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I think the whole idea of care in the community has failed. Do it properly bringing back asylums instead of this stop gap crap.

Reactions: Bat 17 and Octavina
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I think the whole idea of care in the community has failed. Do it properly bringing back asylums instead of this stop gap crap.
When classical mental asylums existed they opened the way for horrific psychiatric abuse. Much of this abuse was not brought to justice since it happened in an environment that was not in the public space, so the perpetrators could get away with it. Plus there was not much compassion for the patients in the first place, because the purpose of mental asylums was (partly) to incarcerate people who had no place else to go. You went there to be discarded not to be cared for.

Edit: Though you are right that there is no "care in the community".

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
P

Phoenix

Student
Feb 27, 2021
The NHS in general are a joke when it comes to mental health

Reactions: TooConscious, Octavina, GenesAndEnvironment and 2 others
Octavina

Octavina

Paint the black hole blacker
Jan 9, 2021
The home treatment team refused to bring my correct medication. I have stopped engaging with them after the man on the other line was accusing me of being a junkie or faking insomnia.
Luckily my GP has seen my mental state deteriorating for a few months now and finally prescribe me Diazepam, I understand that I am a risk to myself for OD but they are only giving me 7 tablets monthly so it's better than nothing. I just hate mixing vodka and Nytol together, but I need to most of the time so I can escape the pain and trauma of being in everyone's way

• Hugs
Reactions: AQUA
Bulldogbitch

Bulldogbitch

Lifes a bitch, so am I
Feb 12, 2020
In my experience over a good 10 years, the ward make you worse and although they are supposed to keep you safe I know of more successful suicides because they feel they will be saved in time but they don't have the staffing and most definitely do not care mainly, apart from the consequences of someone dying but they some how justify it.
Keeping phones/ belongings etc depends on the type of ward. They are horrible places overall but you can feel more rested but if you are discharged when not ready it'll make you feel worse.

There's the recovery college done over the Internet now, it was in the community before covid. You can ask to be referred to the community mental health team, psychologist by there's a long wait. You could try other services like Mind if you're in the UK.