Piituri

Piituri

Feb 1, 2020
There is a new Reddit system where users can tag other users they think are in crisis and then they will get DMed a text hotline. What do you all think about this? Me personally, it kinda creeps me out that users will be tagged by reddit for being suicidal.

More info here

• Hmph!
  • Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, 21Neberg, OpheliasFlowers and 6 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I have seen that before, and this is one more reason for me to shy away from using reddit. Not only has that stupid platform censored free speech, it also banned the SS and TSS subreddits. ;-;:angry: I only browse reddit for good quality pro-choice posts and maybe memes, but that's about it.

Reactions: 21Neberg, Piituri, Fragile and 1 other person
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I absolutely love the idea of helping people who don't want your help. This is the best thing ever, and it has never caused more unhappiness and isolation than it was supposed to solve /s

Reactions: Piituri, OpheliasFlowers, Pisceslilith and 2 others
P

palatinus

Mar 7, 2020
Isn't this just going to promote the equivalent of calling in welfare checks falsely?

Reactions: Broken Chimera and Skathon
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Steve Huffman continues to be the shittiest CEO Reddit, second in line with Ellen Pao but she was tolerable. Huffman has only made the platform worse and it has lost its original vision that Aaron Swartz would have wanted it to be. If Swartz did not punch his ticket in, he would be insulted to see what the platform has turned into.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Piituri
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Steve Huffman continues to be the shittiest CEO Reddit, second in line with Ellen Pao but she was tolerable. Huffman has only made the platform worse and it has lost its original vision that Aaron Swartz would have wanted it to be. If Swartz did not punch his ticket in, he would be insulted to see what the platform has turned into.
Agreed. Sadly, sometimes platforms started out good and had good leaders, but when they grown in size and/or there is a change in ownership and leadership, things quickly go downhill and turn into shit. This is especially true when the new owners have a different vision than the original mission or vision of the platform. In this case, yes the new CEO of Reddit turned it into shit.

Reactions: Skathon, Piituri and OpheliasFlowers
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Fuck life and prolifers

Reactions: Piituri
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I reported this post in reddit as "someone is considering suicide". Success. Beat them in their own game.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, BabyYoda, 21Neberg and 5 others
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
Guaranteed it'll be abused in the depression subreddit.

Reactions: BabyYoda, 21Neberg, Fragile and 2 others
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
Guaranteed it'll be abused in the depression subreddit.

not only that, but i can imagine people will spam it on every post/comment they don't agree with.

absolutely love how their stupid hotline is only available in the U.S. anyways. very tempted to write a post in SuicideWatch that i'm about to drink N.

Tumblr inline p146j5nu3A1s739jv 1280

Reactions: Piituri and Broken Chimera
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
Meh, what a lazy way to pass off as "caring" towards suicidal people. It would also be annoying for me to create 30 posts about my suicidal tendencies while getting notifications of the same amount that would blow up my phone. A thousand hotline number messages are nothing compared to one genuinely compassionate message.

Reactions: Piituri and the box is empty