• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

I

inevitableandplannd

Oct 28, 2023
Got put on a morning dose of Geodon in high school, causing me to sleep through my trig and calc classes. Come Calc 2 in college, I'm fucked.

I tried taking the course again, and got a D, but D is still considered failing by all the colleges in my state, so I can't get any form of engineering degree at any of them. And I've dedicated so many credit hours towards engineering that I don't have enough left to choose another path.

It's looking like it's either a life of minimum wage or suicide, and I'd much rather kill myself now than not be able to afford a gun later, when I'm homeless and much worse off.

How do I gather the strength and courage to CTB? I wish I could go back in time and give myself my future back, but I don't think a better life is possible anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Oneness, tenshi天神 and 3 others
nir

nir

26/F/Canada
Aug 18, 2024
I'm not super familiar with the US college system, so forgive me. You only get a limited amount of credit hours total? So you don't have enough even if you were to change your mind and pick a different path? Sorry, just kinda confused.

I'm lucky that I chose a path where the schooling was relatively easy. However, it means the jobs are just not great paying unless I get a Master's, which is expensive and hard to get because everyone wants one. Ugh. The system is fucked, isn't it?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
landslide2

landslide2

Experienced
May 6, 2024
do u know where in the math u keep getting stuck or lost? there are free online courses/videos that can help u sort some of the background u need. and then u can take the class again.

S

SoDone

Jun 17, 2024
Hey, I am also struggling with engineering so bad i want to change majors. Its definitely not easy. I didnt pass 2 classes my last semester of second year and stress got so bad I became really depressed. Have you talked to your advisor about this? If not definitely do so you can figure things out.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Oneness and landslide2
ToTheEgress

ToTheEgress

DANCE WILD AND SCREAM
Nov 10, 2023
I'm also struggling with similar things. I've lost a lot of passion for computer science, but I gotta continue as I'm starting my third year now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Oneness and landslide2
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Welcome to the large group of students getting kicked in the butt.
You have engineeting talents that are very helpful in other professions. I had two careers that were wildly defferent but paid well enough without engineer stress.
I hope you can see your way through this unexpected problem.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and landslide2
Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
Abandon your prejudices about the minimum wage life. Not all poor people are mediocre and unhappy (although most are). Failing out of college is not the end of everything. Money can be obtained in legal and illicit ways; Will you place the reason for your existence in it?

How is your neurological health? His ineptitude in mathematics may be due to external factors and not due to the misuse of intelligence.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, divinemistress36 and tenshi天神
T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
Jesus, that's rough. I've heard of colleges kicking people out and quite frankly, I don't understand it at all. I've NEVER heard of a D being failing, but in my college, a D for a class in your major focus is a fail, you need a C or higher or else you have to retake, they won't kick anyone out though. I'm sorry you're going through this, fuck that college.

I

inevitableandplannd

Oct 28, 2023
Abandon your prejudices about the minimum wage life. Not all poor people are mediocre and unhappy (although most are). Failing out of college is not the end of everything. Money can be obtained in legal and illicit ways; Will you place the reason for your existence in it?

How is your neurological health? His ineptitude in mathematics may be due to external factors and not due to the misuse of intelligence.
thats true, and i don't want to be classist in expressing my aversion to not making as much as i could. it just pisses me off (at myself) to know i *could* have done something with myself, but I can't even "just keep trying" anymore because schools want more.

my mental health has been subpar for most of my life, high school was when i started meds so things were difficult then due to cycling through different side effects constantly. this therapy called EMDR has really helped in the past couple months.

thank you all for the well wishes. College in the usa does suck. I also accept that my personal choices made this way harder than it has to be. I just want to make my loved ones' love & time be worth it

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, landslide2 and Labyrinth
stoiccactus

stoiccactus

somehow still here
Mar 24, 2022
i failed calc 2 three times, went an alternate route (different major) and eventually did ok. i know how you feel

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, inevitableandplannd, Oneness and 1 other person
tenshi天神

tenshi天神

everything i love gathers dust inside my chest
Aug 13, 2024
a lot of community colleges offer lower cost courses that can get u ready for a job right after. they def aren't engineering but they still have interesting options.
im a college dropout bc couldnt afford it but im going to work minimum wage for a few months & take a pharmacy tech program a few towns over. there's a lot of places I can work w it, & its pretty stable work w decent pay. maybe consider something like that? there are also online courses you can take & it doesnt matter much if ur out of state.
i wish u luck in whatever you end up doing. much love! 🤍

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: inevitableandplannd, Praestat_Mori, Oneness and 3 others
I

inevitableandplannd

Oct 28, 2023
you guys are so nice i could cry. thank you, every single one of you

• Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's looking like it's either a life of minimum wage or suicide, and I'd much rather kill myself now than not be able to afford a gun later, when I'm homeless and much worse off.
I agree with that. But a college degree isn't everything in life you probably still have a lot of chances other than just a min-wage job. You should give t a try! You can always CTB later in life if everything fails.

Reactions: inevitableandplannd