VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
I just don't understand how normal people cna have jobs. It fucking sucks. Being forced to do something you don't want to do just so you can earn currency to live a life you didn't ask for.

Started a job yesterday and I'm already miserable. Watching up at 5am is really fucking fun and doesn't make me suicidal šŸ™ƒ not at all

• Hugs
Reactions: Unknown21, sserafim, F&Inside and 4 others
Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
Usually it takes at least 2-3 weeks for me to start fantasizing about blowing my brains out in the parking lot. If you don't mind me asking, which industry is your new job in? Maybe the first paycheck might help ease your mind. The paycheck has never helped ease my mind but I can recognize different strokes for different folks. It never ceases to amaze me just how little an amount like $10,000 actually is and how extremely difficult it is to obtain.

VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
Usually it takes at least 2-3 weeks for me to start fantasizing about blowing my brains out in the parking lot. If you don't mind me asking, which industry is your new job in? Maybe the first paycheck might help ease your mind. The paycheck has never helped ease my mind but I can recognize different strokes for different folks. It never ceases to amaze me just how little an amount like $10,000 actually is and how extremely difficult it is to obtain.
My work background is with dogs and animals. Currently working at a doggie daycare place.

Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
My work background is with dogs and animals. Currently working at a doggie daycare place.
Sounds like human interaction isn't a crucial part of the job. That's the part I've always struggled with. Definitely doesn't sound like a career field that's willing to pay a living wage, unfortunately. Maybe you can use the experience to open your own animal daycare one day? Though, such a thing takes a special (normal?) person to be successful at. That's the only way I could fathom having any chance at all. Unless there is some secret pre-natal consciousness veiled from us, then I agree that none of us asked to be here. I see two choices: #1 attempt to make yourself as comfortable and numb as possible or #2:... we know what 2 is. When I'm sick of a job, I usually just try to make it a game of how far they will let me get away with fucking off until they finally fire me. That way you can at least get some more paychecks without really doing anything. Such philosophy is probably one way I hijack my own life so probably don't listen to me.

Reactions: VampQueen
VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
Sounds like human interaction isn't a crucial part of the job. That's the part I've always struggled with. Definitely doesn't sound like a career field that's willing to pay a living wage, unfortunately. Maybe you can use the experience to open your own animal daycare one day? Though, such a thing takes a special (normal?) person to be successful at. That's the only way I could fathom having any chance at all. Unless there is some secret pre-natal consciousness veiled from us, then I agree that none of us asked to be here. I see two choices: #1 attempt to make yourself as comfortable and numb as possible or #2:... we know what 2 is. When I'm sick of a job, I usually just try to make it a game of how far they will let me get away with fucking off until they finally fire me. That way you can at least get some more paychecks without really doing anything. Such philosophy is probably one way I hijack my own life so probably don't listen to me.
I think my goal is, for now, to get money and experience while building up my own freelance dog walking/sitting business. Not that I'm unfamiliar with doing that, I have plenty of experience, but I feel that their is always something to learn. Maybe if I have my own business and can work on my own terms, I'll feell better. Although that is a double edge sword because I hate being relied on and responsible. FML

Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
Although that is a double edge sword because I hate being relied on and responsible. FML
100% feel this. My life's main goal is to never be relied upon. Although, I think I'd much rather handle dogs than handle a hammer; that much I can envy. Dogs don't harass you, get unreasonably angry, or ostracize you. I think there's some truth in your path.