• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

jays

Jun 24, 2023
Hi everyone.
Im new here and planning to ctb with SN. I'm wondering if anyone knows if Ondansetron (zofran) can be used as an antiemetic for this method?
It is perscribed to prevent nausea and vomitting, and from what I gather it is in a class of medications called serotonin 5-HT3​ receptor antagonists. I think it is described as an antiemtic as well, but its not a dopamine blocker like the other antiemetics. Does anyone know if this is significant or if this matters? Thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: amazonico, not-2-b-the-answer and MeltingBrain
M

MichaelSandBL

Jan 25, 2023
I assumed them recommending dopamine blocker types that coincidentally inhibit vomiting was because modern psychiatry is basically throwing antipsychotics at everything so they would be available.

Probably good to wait for an answer on the Ondansetron (zofran) question if only for dosage
If it's not ok Any over the counter medication is motion sickness stuff too weak or can you get a large dose?

Reactions: jays and not-2-b-the-answer
Upvote 0
J

jays

Jun 24, 2023
Ya
I assumed them recommending dopamine blocker types that coincidentally inhibit vomiting was because modern psychiatry is basically throwing antipsychotics at everything so they would be available.

Probably good to wait for an answer on the Ondansetron (zofran) question if only for dosage
If it's not ok Any over the counter medication is motion sickness stuff too weak or can you get a large dose?
Ya, what I gather is that motion sickness over the counter stuff isnt strong enough. It needs to be something that works on different brain chemistry aparrently. Im trying to figure it out
Ya

Ya, what I gather is that motion sickness over the counter stuff isnt strong enough. It needs to be something that works on different brain chemistry aparrently. Im trying to figure it out
But, I agree that maybe the dopamine blocker specifically isnt the only option. I might have access to ondansetron, which is perscribed to prevent vomitting, so I can't see why it wouldn't work. Just never seen it brought up anywhere I've looked. So here I am. Thanks for responding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
strawb12

strawb12

-
Mar 26, 2023
sorry but from what I understand the antiemetic has to work as a dopamine blocker otherwise it wont help with SN

Reactions: jays
Upvote 0
M

MichaelSandBL

Jan 25, 2023
sorry but from what I understand the antiemetic has to work as a dopamine blocker otherwise it wont help with SN
Is it not just a blood brain barrier thing?
I can't see why it wouldn't work. Just never seen it brought up anywhere I've looked. So here I am. Thanks for responding.
Might be the relative obscurity of such drugs that means we get les data on that, is there a specific reason it needs to be an antipsychotic too?

Upvote 0
J

jays

Jun 24, 2023
Ok thanks.
Is it not just a blood brain barrier thing?

Might be the relative obscurity of such drugs that means we get les data on that, is there a specific reason it needs to be an antipsychotic too?
I guess it has to be a dopamine blocker, which I'm having trouble finding, grrrrrhhh oh sigh. I wonder how people know this stuff... But I dont want to screw it up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M

MichaelSandBL

Jan 25, 2023
guess it has to be a dopamine blocker, which I'm having trouble finding, grrrrrhhh oh sigh. I wonder how people know this stuff... But I dont want to screw it up.
Many people get prescribed them after failed suicide attempts assuming they get caught,
You could ask about psychotic depression and get it prescribed that way but just being bipolar is generally enough for them to push it.

This has risks I would avoid disclosing your desire to die.

Upvote 0
J

jays

Jun 24, 2023
Many people get prescribed them after failed suicide attempts assuming they get caught,
You could ask about psychotic depression and get it prescribed that way but just being bipolar is generally enough for them to push it.

This has risks I would avoid disclosing your desire to die.
Ok. I thought that antiemetics were perscribed for nausea, vomitting, and migranes... and you could ask your doctor for those reasons.

Upvote 0
M

MichaelSandBL

Jan 25, 2023
I wonder I those medications were put in the sn guides because of the demographics who seek those guides were likely to be prescribed them.
Ok. I thought that antiemetics were perscribed for nausea, vomitting, and migranes
The original medication will do that but strawb12 said it would be insufficient although I'm not entirely sure.
Can anyone confirm or dispute this?

Upvote 0
J

jays

Jun 24, 2023
I wonder I those medications were put in the sn guides because of the demographics who seek those guides were likely to be prescribed them.

The original medication will do that but strawb12 said it would be insufficient although I'm not entirely sure.
Can anyone confirm or dispute this?
It was in "stans guide to SN" about asking for antiemetics for nausea and migranes.
Also, I sent you a private message. Did you get it?

Upvote 0
strawb12

strawb12

-
Mar 26, 2023
Ok thanks.

I guess it has to be a dopamine blocker, which I'm having trouble finding, grrrrrhhh oh sigh. I wonder how people know this stuff... But I dont want to screw it up.
go the the SN megathread, all the informatino you could possibly want is there
SN megathread

Last edited:
Reactions: jays
Upvote 0