TheLastSacrifice

TheLastSacrifice

Student
Feb 14, 2020
There's a new bill going through the US Congress that will allow the US government to scan your online messages and emails. We feel it's important for our members to be informed of threats to free speech and the EARN IT Act, if passed into law, it could be used to take down smaller platforms or websites with little or no reason including this website. This is an obvious overreach by the US government that already abuses it power as is and it shouldn't stand.

Okay so what does anyone plan to do about it?

• Hmph!
Reactions: Final Escape, puppy9 and Kikoo Loool
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
Is this in regards to our website or to websites in general?

MartyByrde

MartyByrde

Experienced
Mar 15, 2020
I think the US government has been reading emails, texts and listening to phone calls, at least since the Patriot Act was passed after 9/11. Not that they cared much about privacy before that act was passed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Now with COVID they are cracking down heavily in Europe as well.

They are going nuts right now.

Reactions: RainAndSadness and Brick In The Wall
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Light my drawers on fire..And run around chanting Om Mani Padme Hum.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy, Lethe and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I think the US government has been reading emails, texts and listening to phone calls, at least since the Patriot Act was passed after 9/11. Not that they cared much about privacy before that act was passed.
I'm glad I'm not the only one saying this. I guess this new bill is just another extension of the powers they've already been abusing. I hope it doesn't pass, but even if it doesn't pass we're just delaying the inevitable.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, mesohappy, MartyByrde and 1 other person