• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Has anyone had a nervous breakdown and what did it feel like.
My head is so so stressed and it's like I can't function, even breathing seems to be an effort
I think I am having a breakdown or am very close to death again because I have lost all hope and feel the survival instinct is no longer with me.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, BlackDragonof1989, Soon4me and 3 others
S

Snee

Student
Aug 3, 2018
seek help immediately.my frist ner breakdown happen in last year i suffer 6 month to recover from it because i refuse see my Psychiatry.sooner is better.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Soon4me, Deutsch and 2 others
M

medusa

Student
Sep 1, 2018
seek help immediately.my frist ner breakdown happen in last year i suffer 6 month to recover from it because i refuse see my Psychiatry.sooner is better.

hey snee, what symptoms did you have during your nervous breakdown?

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Deutsch and BlackDragonof1989
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
First time i broke down : Anxiety, unable to make any decision, constant crying, insomnia, irritability, feelings of inadequacy, overwhelming shame, sadness, stress, unable to function at home or at work, being suicidal

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Soon4me, Deutsch and 2 others
M

medusa

Student
Sep 1, 2018
First time i broke down : Anxiety, unable to make any decision, constant crying, insomnia, irritability, feelings of inadequacy, overwhelming shame, sadness, stress, unable to function at home or at work, being suicidal

if those were your symptoms I've had loads of those

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and BlackDragonof1989
M

medusa

Student
Sep 1, 2018
It's not a competition ;-)

that's for sure. What a truly terrible competition that would be.
I just had no idea that the things I have experienced were in fact a nervous breakdown- I just always thought I was too stressed out

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Ssname
sky7

sky7

Student
Aug 21, 2018

Same as described but add road rage (probably because I was tempting fate and wanted to get in an accident).

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I can relate to those symptoms

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
I go into fetal position and scream

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Tboy
E

Ella Disenchanted

Student
Sep 3, 2018
Last time I sat on the floor and wept those body shaking sobs. Every time I tried to talk I couldn't because the weeping wouldn't subside. I spent the next few days feeling like I just wasn't right.. like my head was broken. It felt like everything was balancing on a knife edge and if I moved my head just wrong that somehow the feelings of madness would engulf me. I literally felt very unbalanced.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Lara Francis and Deutsch
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Last time I sat on the floor and wept those body shaking sobs. Every time I tried to talk I couldn't because the weeping wouldn't subside. I spent the next few days feeling like I just wasn't right.. like my head was broken. It felt like everything was balancing on a knife edge and if I moved my head just wrong that somehow the feelings of madness would engulf me. I literally felt very unbalanced.
I feel very unbalanced and on edge too

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Deutsch
Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
I get them when stress builds up to a certain point. I also got a mental break the next day after using meth. Was fucked up had a build up of my body going numb then fists start tightning bad, then a hour later I act crazy the first time it happened I started punching myself in face then started laughing at myself in the mirror then started breaking down crying for no reason couldn't control it or know why then I went completely calm all in five minutes. Also had a breakdown in a club suddenly for no reason from alcohol.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Deutsch and Done
Nonexistence

Nonexistence

Aug 12, 2018
I had what I would call my first proper breakdown about 3 months ago at 32. I had crippling depression and anxiety and insomnia or going to sleep dreaming for an hour then wake up repeat, the dreams were all undesirable. I couldn't function at work felt constantly distressed, body & hands shaking and sweating. Took days of work just laying in bed rolling around in sweat asking myself over and over 'What am I going to do?' Only getting up to eat small things and use bathroom wasn't even cleaning myself properly the bed sheets were a mess. Managed to get up force my self to work, had to leave, I had decided to go back to the flat and jump from the 10th floor. I didn't do that so tried to hang with belt over the door but couldn't pass out, had another 'surge' of feeling extremely detressed literally rolling back and forth in bed crying saying 'What am I going to do?' Sweat pouring out of me, repeating the same actions, scratching, moving my feet, over and over nonsensicaly. The suicidal thoughts in my brain were burning, like they literally felt hot and burning in my brain, telling me there is absolutely no way out but to die and I imagined this laughing as I went totally still and frooze and I thought I could feel my brain physically dieing and shutting down. I was completely still for a while, defeated, almost paralysed. Eventually someone came over that same evening and took me to A&E psychiatric ward. The thing that calmed me down and started me feeling relatively better (but still bad) was Lorazepam (Benzo) and I've been off work since back at my parents.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, facel and Deutsch
S

Snee

Student
Aug 3, 2018
i hear voice in my head on frist week after my breakdown.cant speek properly.cant write mispelin.i know my addiction is the reason for it.

• Hugs
Elpsis

Elpsis

Sep 5, 2018
Pregabalin and quetiapine are really good for those in my experience. Its best not to stick on the latter for too long though, just until you're out of severe.

• Hugs
G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
I've had about 18 of them this year. They consume so much energy. The depression is huge after these. Your body must be depressed deeply to recover from the physical strain of a breakdown. I recall in days after mine, I'd stare at buildings and say "Damn, not tall enough." We don't have that many tall buildings here, and the ones there are would be hell to get to the roof of.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, BlackDragonof1989 and Deutsch
Avicii

Avicii

Looking
Sep 4, 2018
My head is so so stressed and it's like I can't function, even breathing seems to be an effort
I think I am having a breakdown or am very close to death again because I have lost all hope and feel the survival instinct is no longer with me.
Yes I've had a nervous breakdown it's horrendous drove me to a spell in hospital what m
ive never had a breakdown as far as I know per se but surely I guess I must be having a partial one if I long lurked on this sure before joining !!! Followed your case intensely hope things are working out for you and you get your boy back soon as long as you don't do anything I figure !!!

• Hugs
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
My 24/7 existence has turned into a perpetual nervous breakdown. I am unable to function at all. I can barely even carry out basic tasks around the house. I can't breathe. I can't focus on anything. I can't enjoy myself. I can't distract myself with anything. All I ever do is stare at the computer screen or stare off into space. I constantly just feel like crying and screaming at the top of my lungs while ripping my hair out...........yet I just sit there in silence with a blank, expressionless look on my face...

• Hugs
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I had what I would call my first proper breakdown about 3 months ago at 32. I had crippling depression and anxiety and insomnia or going to sleep dreaming for an hour then wake up repeat, the dreams were all undesirable. I couldn't function at work felt constantly distressed, body & hands shaking and sweating. Took days of work just laying in bed rolling around in sweat asking myself over and over 'What am I going to do?' Only getting up to eat small things and use bathroom wasn't even cleaning myself properly the bed sheets were a mess. Managed to get up force my self to work, had to leave, I had decided to go back to the flat and jump from the 10th floor. I didn't do that so tried to hang with belt over the door but couldn't pass out, had another 'surge' of feeling extremely detressed literally rolling back and forth in bed crying saying 'What am I going to do?' Sweat pouring out of me, repeating the same actions, scratching, moving my feet, over and over nonsensicaly. The suicidal thoughts in my brain were burning, like they literally felt hot and burning in my brain, telling me there is absolutely no way out but to die and I imagined this laughing as I went totally still and frooze and I thought I could feel my brain physically dieing and shutting down. I was completely still for a while, defeated, almost paralysed. Eventually someone came over that same evening and took me to A&E psychiatric ward. The thing that calmed me down and started me feeling relatively better (but still bad) was Lorazepam (Benzo) and I've been off work since back at my parents.
Thankyou for sharing this with me.I am sorry you have suffered such torment my friend.sending you a hug x

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, BlackDragonof1989 and Nonexistence
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I've had about 18 of them this year. They consume so much energy. The depression is huge after these. Your body must be depressed deeply to recover from the physical strain of a breakdown. I recall in days after mine, I'd stare at buildings and say "Damn, not tall enough." We don't have that many tall buildings here, and the ones there are would be hell to get to the roof of.
Wow that must be mentally and physically draining.have you had any times in recovery or just gone from one episode into other?

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, BlackDragonof1989 and lv-gras
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Yes I've had a nervous breakdown it's horrendous drove me to a spell in hospital what m

ive never had a breakdown as far as I know per se but surely I guess I must be having a partial one if I long lurked on this sure before joining !!! Followed your case intensely hope things are working out for you and you get your boy back soon as long as you don't do anything I figure !!!
Yes that's what I am hoping.my boy tells me I have to be good !

• Hugs
J

Joe

Sep 6, 2018

I believe I have. You're not alone. It is a dark dark place. Nobody can force you but I found that talking to someone you don't know personally can help (be it a professional or other person), aswell as taking long walks. Your doc (depending which country you're in) is likely to just prescribe anti depressant meds, I got the prescription but never took a single pill. You must decide if you wanna get through this and then adopt methods to get through it. I have found that it never completely goes away but there are coping strategies to get me through each day. Whatever you do don't suffer in silence

• Hugs
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I believe I have. You're not alone. It is a dark dark place. Nobody can force you but I found that talking to someone you don't know personally can help (be it a professional or other person), aswell as taking long walks. Your doc (depending which country you're in) is likely to just prescribe anti depressant meds, I got the prescription but never took a single pill. You must decide if you wanna get through this and then adopt methods to get through it. I have found that it never completely goes away but there are coping strategies to get me through each day. Whatever you do don't suffer in silence
Thankyou x

• Hugs
Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
Very depressed and tired after

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and BrokenHopes