touhoufan

touhoufan

hello! feel free to pm
Feb 14, 2023
forgive the cringe title name i dont know what else to describe it as

i feel self destructive. i used to be good at school. i balanced my job, college, friends etc, to the best of my ability.

then i got fired from my job. over a misunderstanding but still! no more job…
it happened around christmas break so i thought alright ill be job-less for like 1 month its whatever..

then the new semester came around, i was depressed so i didnt bother talking or meeting up with my friends anymore. i know they care for me but its hard to get out of my way to talk to them.

lastly school, granted i wasnt always a straight a student but i wasnt bad either. now ive been ditching all my classes and avoiding all my homework and assignments. just opening the student portal makes my heart race.

its like i took everything important out of my life and am not just a neet. i dont do much all day other than play video games n talk on discord (lol..)

im too comfortable in my self pity to change anything. ive lost any and all hint of drive and im too tired to try going through the hassle of "contacting a professional" (i went through like 4 of them already)

i console myself by thinking that it doesnt matter if i mess things up now because ill ctb soon. i dont know. its sad living like this

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: artificialcoward, cowie, Shadowlord900 and 1 other person
damnatio memoriae

damnatio memoriae

i like the color green.
Feb 24, 2023
yeah im a NEET too currently for nearly 2 years idk wtf to do. i was supposed to CTB when I turned 18 but am still here. high functioning ADHD i cant even plan my CTB. i keep forgetting

• Hugs
Reactions: mondaymornings, touhoufan and artificialcoward
B

bloberta

Mar 14, 2023
same. tbh i kinda knew the day i dropped out of uni that my days were numbered

Reactions: touhoufan, damnatio memoriae and Lonelyhotcake
Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
Unless if you desperately needed the job for money, I wouldn't let that get you down too much. Chances are if you're still studying the college, I imagine the job you had couldn't have paid much or have been anything like your dream job.

I wish I could say don't give up and give college a chance because it may hopefully help you get the dream job you've always wanted... Well I passed university with 1st class honors (highest grade you can get) in game design and still couldn't get a job in the games industry. Probably not a good idea for me to tell you that, I just don't want to get your hopes up too much and wanted to say I feel for you. Since giving up on making my own games and wanting to CTB, I too kinda gave up on lots of things like keeping in touch with my friends and working on my other passion projects.

• Hugs
Reactions: touhoufan, dendronize and tuyu
tuyu

tuyu

im not afraid to die.
Mar 19, 2023
Unless if you desperately needed the job for money, I wouldn't let that get you down too much. Chances are if you're still studying the college, I imagine the job you had couldn't have paid much or have been anything like your dream job.

I wish I could say don't give up and give college a chance because it may hopefully help you get the dream job you've always wanted... Well I passed university with 1st class honors (highest grade you can get) in game design and still couldn't get a job in the games industry. Probably not a good idea for me to tell you that, I just don't want to get your hopes up too much and wanted to say I feel for you. Since giving up on making my own games and wanting to CTB, I too kinda gave up on lots of things like keeping in touch with my friends and working on my other passion projects.
I mean, getting a job is so much more than just grades nowadays. Grades is literally just to get your foot in the door. There's stuff like recommendations from others, internship experience, your performance in technical + behavioral interviews to worry about… and of course, luck meeting opportunity.

I was also a NEET and gave up all prior friendships. Not like I intentionally wanted to for some, but I either just avoided meeting up and said straight up I'm depressed, or somehow there was a squabble that went unresolved and they just didn't care anymore (well that's what most friendships are nowadays — just friends out of convenience from college or work or whatever). But tbh idgaf about them anymore, I have new friends now from my new job, and I think they are more empathetic and open minded.

When you mentioned depressed, were you always depressed? Or were you triggered by that job thing @OP

Reactions: touhoufan and dopaminedeath
LookAway

LookAway

Student
Mar 19, 2023
Man society truly does suck having to work for money and go to college that's not nature's intentions. I remember when I first became homeless and started traveling I ended up landing myself in some sort of Eco village with a bunch of super conscious people. I basically was allowed to live there for free as long as I helped out on the farm and everything was all free. We can do whatever the hell we wanted throughout the day. We didn't have to work except for basic chores. It felt so free and so natural. That's how life should be. There's an abundance of things on this planet for us all to have. Anyway OP I'm sorry man I'm 27 now and I guess you can call me I neet. I never knew these terms before joining this website. I ended up in this position due to some sort of mental illness I guess. Anyway man the majority of people I see on here are college kids and it just makes me think a lot of the time this seems like the pressure of schools what's pushing these guys towards CTB. Life is not supposed to be like that and it is not supposed to feel like that. We truly are just bricks in the wall.
Anyway I would just recommend that you try anything that you can. Even the taboo things. Try to step out of your comfort zone and try new things you may find something that helps.

• Love
Reactions: touhoufan, Hollowman, Lonelyhotcake and 1 other person
C

cowie

Student
Oct 25, 2022
Are you still in school? Maybe look up what you need to do to do the bare minimum and get your degree. When I had mental health issues my college told me to just quit school immediately because they were worried I would CTB as a student and they didn't want to look bad. But pushing forward and completing a goal felt good, even for the short term.

It's actually pretty easy to nearly NEETmax with a low key (probably low pay as well) WFH position, if you can get it. Not the worst way to live.

Reactions: touhoufan
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Have you been struggling with anything in particular that has made it more challenging to do school in a way that wasn't the case before?

D

dopaminedeath

Death please
Nov 12, 2022
I mean, getting a job is so much more than just grades nowadays. Grades is literally just to get your foot in the door. There's stuff like recommendations from others, internship experience, your performance in technical + behavioral interviews to worry about… and of course, luck meeting opportunity.

I was also a NEET and gave up all prior friendships. Not like I intentionally wanted to for some, but I either just avoided meeting up and said straight up I'm depressed, or somehow there was a squabble that went unresolved and they just didn't care anymore (well that's what most friendships are nowadays — just friends out of convenience from college or work or whatever). But tbh idgaf about them anymore, I have new friends now from my new job, and I think they are more empathetic and open minded.

When you mentioned depressed, were you always depressed? Or were you triggered by that job thing @OP
how did you get a job after being neet for so long?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It does sound tiring being trapped in that situation, existing certainly is something that is so awful and depressing. But anyway I wish you the best.

touhoufan

touhoufan

hello! feel free to pm
Feb 14, 2023
Have you been struggling with anything in particular that has made it more challenging to do school in a way that wasn't the case before?
i definitely think i have some sort of disorder like ADD or ADHD, but i never got diagnosed for it (and i dont think i will either considering the expenses)

i always felt like i had it but it was never really a problem up until last year
Are you still in school? Maybe look up what you need to do to do the bare minimum and get your degree. When I had mental health issues my college told me to just quit school immediately because they were worried I would CTB as a student and they didn't want to look bad. But pushing forward and completing a goal felt good, even for the short term.

It's actually pretty easy to nearly NEETmax with a low key (probably low pay as well) WFH position, if you can get it. Not the worst way to live.
im in arts, with the plan to go in architecture in the future, every assignment has to be some painting, some drawing or some sculpture, it feels impossible to do when im like this

ive considering just dropping all of that and learning coding and doing that from home, but im too stupid for that i fear

im glad your work gave you nice friends! my past work gave me some nice acquaintances at best

i was always depressed, i got diagnosed for it about 4 years ago but when the pandemic came through the psychiatrist just dropped everything so ive never had a follow-up :,)

Last edited:
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
So what's your plan for what to do with this semester?