Did you stop being a NEET due to force? Force like you had to find work, or you will be homeless.

• Yes I was forced to stop being a NEET. And I don't want to be a NEET again.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I was forced to stop being a NEET. But I want to be a NEET again. (Please explain)

• No I wasn't forced to stop being a NEET. And I don't want to be a NEET again.

• Total voters
T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
Based on the popular request of this user @End Piece here. I want to ask a few questions to those who were and now aren't a NEET anymore.

How did you find yourself becoming a NEET? What was your NEET life like? At what age did you find yourself becoming a NEET? What age did you stop being a NEET? And how did you stop being a NEET?

For those of you who don't know what a NEET is. It's someone Not Employed, in Education, or in Training. Note that if you're retired or something like a stay at home parent (even most governments view this as a job), then you're not a NEET. Same with if you're below the legal age to work.

OneBigBlur

OneBigBlur

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
I wasn't forced to stop being a NEET but I'd rather be a NEET again under the right circumstances. If I had money and a place of my own to stay in I wouldn't mind it anywhere near as much. Working 40-60 hours a week just to be able to afford the barest of necessities is not liviing and it is not something that I'm capable of.

How did you find yourself becoming a NEET?

"Mental Health" problems.

]What was your NEET life like?

Horrible, I drowned myself in video games because there was no other escape. I was close to psychosis and developed Fibromyalgia in this time frame.

At what age did you find yourself becoming a NEET? What age did you stop being a NEET? And how did you stop being a NEET?

I started being a NEET at the age of 18 but I've had mental problems my entire life. I briefly had a job for a few months at 18, half a semester of College at 21 before I attempted, and have only recently escaped again for the past couple of months by finding a online job. Things are exactly the same whether I have a job or not. Again, I would not boil NEETdom down to merely unemployment. Even if I was forced into homelessness I wouldn't escape NEETdom as I don't actually have a will to live, I'd rather just CTB.

Last edited: