• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

kilowatt

kilowatt

Hi why me
Sep 9, 2023
Possible TW for abuse. Skip to the last line or paragraph if you don't want to read the background.
I'm gonna be honest, I miss spending weeks at a time in a hospital, just for the sake of the peace, but more important than that I'm facing a really uncomfortable situation. I don't feel safe in my own home. I am 19F (soon to be 20) and I still live with my mother. It's not something I truly enjoy but I find it better than being homeless.
I've had a rough relationship with my mom for almost my entire life, to some points she tends to get violent and aggresive over what I consider ''unimportant stuff'', but, however, that has gotten worse and worse since she's started using substances, very often, all of a sudden. I don't mean to judge anyone that does so, but seeing my own mother gradually decrease the quality of her life is just sickening, not to mention the effects it has on me. What I'm scared the most is of her finding out something she's not supposed to and snapping at me. I've taken uncountable slaps and hits and even been humiliated by her but I'm afraid this time it could end up worse.
That's why I want to get myself into a hospital rather than have her get me in a hospital. I'm talking about at least a 1 week stay until I find someway to help the situation, I'm in a little panic right now so it's hard to think every option straight but this one seems the best temporary solution. We have health insurance so it wouldn't be a problem. I just need a quick way to get hospitalized with minimal damage that could be permanent. What's a succesful way I could use to get myself in a hospital without a lot of permanent damage? So far my ideas would be OD, but I'm not experienced in the domain so I'm unsure what kind of pills to take, a bigger self-harm attempt, but not certain if that could get me to stay more than a few hours, or starving myself for a while until I can no longer stay conscious. I've done the last one before but I'm not sure if I still have the willpower.
Any suggestion is welcomed!

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Hotsackage, Praestat_Mori, DrearyAsh348 and 1 other person
Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
A week is a really long time. I don't think there's anything you could do to your body that they wouldn't deal with much faster than that or that wouldn't have a high chance of lasting damage.

• Love
Reactions: kilowatt
ohyouknow

ohyouknow

Jun 11, 2022
Are there any women's shelters in your area? Maybe that's an option?

• Love
Reactions: Inoirel, ThanatopicFugue and kilowatt
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
if you are in the us, simply go to the er and say you have suicidal thoughts and that you have a plan of attempting with pills. They will lock you up until you tell them you "feel" better

• Hugs
Reactions: kilowatt
kilowatt

kilowatt

Hi why me
Sep 9, 2023
A week is a really long time. I don't think there's anything you could do to your body that they wouldn't deal with much faster than that or that wouldn't have a high chance of lasting damage.
I thought so, but going in just for a day or a few hours would be just more useless effort. It's true maybe it's harder than I thought, the only times I was in for more than 2 days were due to my anorexia or attempt. Probably takes a little more than some wound or average OD.
if you are in the us, simply go to the er and say you have suicidal thoughts and that you have a plan of attempting with pills. They will lock you up until you tell them you "feel" better
I'm unfortunately not. I live in eastern Europe
Are there any women's shelters in your area? Maybe that's an option?
Not at all. The closest one is like 50-60km away (?) and I suppose it'd be really hard to get into since I have a home and not a bad enough financial situation.

zwillz

zwillz

Oct 2, 2023
If you are in the US go to a emergency room and say you have suicidal plans (not thoughts) and your convinced you are going to try and CTB and you are trying a last ditch effort to get help. This is a double edged sword though as you'll probably be involuntarily committed and it usually at least 2 weeks until a judge will see you and more than likely leave your commitment paper up to the doctor you'll be assigned (you won't be able to leave until the doctors say you can). Also on top of that you will lose all your gun rights which can make CTB later more tricky. Hope this helps.

ohyouknow

ohyouknow

Jun 11, 2022
Not at all. The closest one is like 50-60km away (?) and I suppose it'd be really hard to get into since I have a home and not a bad enough financial situation.

But you are being abused in your home. Idk if you have transportation, but you could call and ask before going there and just see if it's an option. Are your finances your own or your mother's? If you have money, you could just get a hotel room.

• Love
Reactions: kilowatt and ThanatopicFugue