justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
Hey guys,

i am trying to ctb soon, but as of now I am not confident in a chosen method yet. A method that checks most of these boxes would be nice, but I understand that it may not be possible
1. Not extremely complex to where I wouldn't be able to do it or failure could be high
2. Preferably not more than a total of 600$
3. *Mostly* painless, and unconsciousness or death preferably follow as quickly as possible to avoid SI and anxiety

So based on this, or at least from methods I've heard about and researched, it would seem that inert gas (nitrogen or CO) would be the best in terms of pain and quickness. But when reading through the setup instructions posted in the GasMonkey thread, I feel so lost and confused. If anyone can simplify, or walk me through how to set up the nitrogen method in a simple manner that would be much appreciated.
As for the CO method, I would likely have to do it in a tent, as I do not live alone and I also don't have a car. Does anyone have any tips for CO in a tent? Is there another place where I could do it that wouldn't be of hazard to others, but perhaps easier and more effective than a tent? For this method, I also am unsure on what specific equipment to get
Then of course there is SN, and while I'd like to use a method that only involves drinking a solution (Like N/pentobarbital), I worry about how painless SN is, but even more than that, how long it would take to reach unconsciousness or death. My SI is pretty strong due to anxiety disorders, and I worry that I'll likely impulsively call emergency services. Is there any way to pass out prior to the avg 45-65 seconds it seems to take with SN?
My ideal method would be sodium pentobarbital (formerly N), but flying to Peru and getting both the energy and money to do the trip seems very unrealistic.

If anyone knows of any other methods that may suit me better, please let me know. Any advice and tips on any of the methods I mentioned would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone is willing to help me with choosing the right equipment/brands (I'm in Canada) or the setup part of it, I would really appreciate it. Thank you:heart:

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022

EternalSummer

EternalSummer

Experienced
Nov 13, 2020
Bro, you have to give up on one of those requirements, theres nothing thats gonna suit you.
If you manage to get all you need for N2 it seems quite nice, but you said you live with other people, so i dont know how you gonna hide it from them. Maybe you should try sn with sedatives, seems to be the thing that would check most of the things you want. But you have to put in the time to do your own reading, people already posted everything theres is to know on those megathreads, if anything is left unclear, just ask there.

Last edited:
justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
Thx for the resources. What do you think about the exit bag nitrogen method linked here vs Vizzy's or GasMonkey's instructions? https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/exit-bag-and-inert-gas-megathread.8393/

Reactions: outrider567
epiousion

epiousion

Just let me go already.
Oct 5, 2023
What prevents you from obtaining a firearm suitable for the job (9mm or higher pistol/rifle | any shotgun)?

justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
Bro, you have to give up on one of those requirements, theres nothing thats gonna suit you.
If you manage to get all you need for N2 it seems quite nice, but you said you live with other people, so i dont know how you gonna hide it from them. Maybe you should try sn with sedatives, seems to be the thing that would check most of the things you want. But you have to put in the time to do your own reading, people already posted everything theres is to know on those megathreads, if anything is left unclear, just ask there.
I know what you mean, what I'm looking for may not be on the table. I'm not looking for perfection though, just something I can afford and that is relatively painless and quick to avoid SI. I can deal with a complex setup as long as I learn how.

As for living alone, I do live with a roommate in a condo, but not with parents or anything so I feel like hiding the tank or explaining it won't be too much of an issue.

I'll read through the megathreads again. What do you think about this thread compared to vizzy's and GasMonkey's seemingly more complex setup? https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/exit-bag-and-inert-gas-megathread.8393/
What prevents you from obtaining a firearm suitable for the job (9mm or higher pistol/rifle | any shotgun)?
I live in Canada, so accessing a gun would be harder to get than any of the methods I listed

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
I think inert gas is an entirely viable method. Takes some understanding and work though, not to mention the upfront cost, which is more than any other method. It *should* be quite peaceful if done correctly, though.
What do you think would be better for someone who doesn't have any experience with anything mechanical? Is the vizzy or gasmonkey setup less expensive than the exit bag method? Sry if these questions are confusing and thanks for your help.

randomeyes11

randomeyes11

Ready to go home
Jun 14, 2024
I went to the gun shop the other day. It's scary how easily I was able to test out a gun and then almost purchase the damn thing. I live in the States and my state doesn't need a permit even. I didn't realize how trickier it is to get one elsewhere.

But I agree with the one person. I didn't buy the one I had my eye on because 1. I have no shooting experience and 2. There is always room for error and I was leaning towards a .38 pistol. The higher the caliber, apparently the slimmer the margin or error (allegedly). Idk how true that is.

Personally, I'd rec the CO method but the preparation has to be down right. You'd need a tent in your case. I have a car but I live in a city area. It's hard to hide smoke building up in a car while you wait outside.

Another thing to keep in mind, if you fail, your close quarters is gonna smell like charcoal/smoke for a whiiiile. Learned that the hard way. And never underestimate the amount of charcoal you'll need. Unless you have Korean/Asian briquettes, you'll need double what you think. So getting the prep right and the location is crucial.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
What do you think would be better for someone who doesn't have any experience with anything mechanical? Is the vizzy or gasmonkey setup less expensive than the exit bag method? Sry if these questions are confusing and thanks for your help.
There's mechanical involved to some degree any way you do it. I think gasmonkey's setup is the most expensive, but honestly, haven't tallied up everything to say for 100% certain. Like anything else, I think you can shop around and find lower prices, to some degree, on equipment. I'm going with CO myself.

I

Isbel88

Jun 19, 2024
If you can get Nembutal... I think that's the best method.

EternalSummer

EternalSummer

Experienced
Nov 13, 2020
It is the best but I have been at an absolute loss for how to get some...for a while now.
To be honest with you, there are no ez to access method that is going to be 100% peaceful and reliable, if there was such a thing everybody would be doing it, right ? SN is the Mario of CTB methods, its peaceful enough, is available and is quite reliable.

The really peaceful ones are inert gasses and nebumtal, but you have to spend a lot of money and do your research.

Reactions: Daryl72
D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
Well, that depends on what country you live in. I live in Peru. Here, N is more o less easy to get.

Yes, I don't know if I'd go as far as to call anyone on a suicide forum "lucky" but in this regard, relatively speaking at least...

Hey if you ever have any extra you know who to call. ;)

Reactions: DefinitelyReady and Isbel88
EternalSummer

EternalSummer

Experienced
Nov 13, 2020
Well, that depends on what country you live in. I live in Peru. Here, N is more o less easy to get.
I'm from Brazil, we and peruvians tend to talk a lot of trash to one another in online games xd. Lucky bastards, I really wish I had access to Halatal here in brazil.

Reactions: Isbel88