• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

O

Oblomov

Aug 27, 2023
I'm well aware that contents of natural gas aren't poisonous. However, I'm also aware that human body cannot use them as breathing gas. So they go in and out without causing any reaction, much like an inert gas that is used in exit bags. Basically, when natural gas is released into an enclosed environment, it lowers the oxygen density in the air, causing suffocation without alerting the brain due to the lack of CO2, again, much like helium or nitrogen.

So I wonder: Why do I hardly find anything on the internet regarding suicide cases involving suffocation due to natural gas inhalation? I've so far learnt about a few successful attempts using domestic natural gas that is used in houses, but almost every discussion on exit bags involve usage of helium or nitrogen and I've yet to find a serious discussion about natural gas in this regard. Why is that? Is there something I'm missing? Logically it should work. I've even found out that natural gas inhalation does cause unconsciousness and eventually, death. Of course, this is no surprise as it obviously suffocates a person.

If one puts a bag on their head and uses the already available and ready-to-use pipe in their house to make an exit bag, would it fail? I see no reason for it to not work, aside from the awful smell maybe. But I'm pretty sure it can be dealt with. So why isn't it much more popular? What am I missing?

Reactions: wiinterfrost