D

dogthebenzohunter

Jan 5, 2023
Quite often I go to these meetings and then talk about the times they were using and it makes me want to use again. And so many show up where they've clearly used that day.

I guess I'm just looking to make friends who don't judge me for my addictions and have purpose in life. But even those 20 years complain about their miserable life

Everyfriend I seem to make I have to Dismiss because they have no empathy for drug addiction. I'd love to die to a drug overdose.

I guess I'm just lonely and have no friend which makes live so pointless at 30

• Hugs
Reactions: Cloud Busting, Praestat_Mori and Life_and_Death
L

lacrimosa

Experienced
Jul 1, 2024
Quite often I go to these meetings and then talk about the times they were using and it makes me want to use again. And so many show up where they've clearly used that day.

I guess I'm just looking to make friends who don't judge me for my addictions and have purpose in life. But even those 20 years complain about their miserable life

Everyfriend I seem to make I have to Dismiss because they have no empathy for drug addiction. I'd love to die to a drug overdose.

I guess I'm just lonely and have no friend which makes live so pointless at 30
I see you're trying to better yourself and that tells me that you're in the right frame of mind regarding recovery. Posting here and sharing your frustration takes a lot of courage and I thank you for that.

I won't judge you and you can always message me if you'd like to discuss whatever's on your mind. I am sober(ish) and looking for someone to encourage, and stay sober with.

If you don't want to message me, that's cool too! I wish you the best on your recovery journey!

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Hey I'm a recovering addict and I hate hate hate na with the passion of a thousand burning suns. Nice to meet you. 😊

I recommend recovery dharma. They focus more on meditation than addiction which is cool. Ppl only get three minutes to share and they don't tend to share war stories or define themselves by their addiction like twelve steppers are prone to doing.

The downside is if you're looking to meet locals, there aren't many recovery dharmas nation wide. Zoom meetings exist globally tho. You can find them on their website.

The Satanic Temple Sober Faction is another twelve step alternative. They have a Facebook group.

As for meeting locals, I go to church (I go to a Unitarian Universalist church as it requires no belief in a deity plus we light chalices instead of pray.) I found out about an outdoors group through someone who goes to my local congregation. Meetup.com is a great way to find local people to hang with, as is joining a gym or taking a class.