• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

successful

Mar 8, 2020
Here's my setup:
I have cut the upper portion of snorkel mask and connected it to 100% pure nitrogen using heat shrink tube.

Foto no exif

I tried this laying down. After a minute, I started having headache and felt nauseous and in panic I turned off the knob.
The mask is airtight and secure. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Maybe I just need to have more willpower?
or am I not getting enough nitrogen flow. I am using this at maximum airflow of 60CFH (its meant for argon/argon+co2):

Amazon product ASIN B072PTFVNL

Please help. I just want to sleep and never wake up again.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Let'sgetoutofHERE and WinterFaust
tooStupidForExitBag

tooStupidForExitBag

Mar 13, 2020
This is just speculations, but if the mask truly is airtight then the CO2 will have nowhere to escape and it will build up inside the mask, this would cause you to feel panic since the hypercapnic alarm would trigger. Why not go with the regular exit bag method?

Reactions: locked*n*loaded, autumnal, Absurdity and 2 others
S

successful

Mar 8, 2020
This is just speculations, but if the mask truly is airtight then the CO2 will have nowhere to escape and it will build up inside the mask, this would cause you to feel panic since the hypercapnic alarm would trigger. Why not go with the regular exit bag method?

I think thats not right. There's a separate outlet for CO2 exhale and I have attached the inhale inlet to N2.
So just like snorkel divers(with my N2 knob turned off) I can exhale but not inhale.

tooStupidForExitBag

tooStupidForExitBag

Mar 13, 2020
I think thats not right. There's a separate outlet for CO2 exhale and I have attached the inhale inlet to N2.
Then I'm not sure, but if everything was setup correctly then you shouldn't feel any panic. I think this has been discussed in previous threads so you could try using the search function.

M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
looks like set up should work. Either you don't have pure N or when you exhale the carbon dioxide is not being removed from the loop.

Last edited:
Reactions: autumnal and pthnrdnojvsc
V

Valsalva

Feb 25, 2020
That is SI. You know, what you are doing and your SI tries to stop it.

Reactions: justamortal
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Do you estimate the panic had zero psychological origin but contextual from the symptoms taking you by surprise ?
headache and nausea are not out of question but panic is. It does look like SI interfering

I've seen some stunned stress in a video involving a pig, but mammals are said to react all differently, some for which a Nitrogen death is distressing and inhumane, but not all, it varies. I don't know about our close genetic cousins to make it relevant but the humans are said immune.

Last edited:
Reactions: autumnal
V

Valsalva

Feb 25, 2020
It has only psychological origin. SI is really hard to overcome.

enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
Well the idea of vomiting into a closed mask can justify some hesitation from reasoning alone. I don't doubt the commitment to be complex.

A minute long of consciousness might indicate there's something wrong in the setup indeed ?

Last edited:
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
I'm questioning whether to attribute the symptoms to O2 deprivation or inert gases

Airline pilot education
83569DCB E400 49CB A5EC 26DC98AB54B4

• Wow
Reactions: torentrap and GoodPersonEffed
F

frostedreef

Captain Nemo
Feb 21, 2020
Sorry it didn't work. n2 is also my chosen method. I think you're problem is insufficient flow.

1. According to this post. n2 gas used with a argon/co2 flow meter would actually be flowing 70% less than indicated.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...as-and-why-is-it-a-co2-argon-regulator.21456/

2. You need at least 90cfh
I have one of those small half face SAR respirators which has a much smaller internal volume. I was testing I had enough flow (90-100cfh) for normal inhalation.

So I think air inside your mask and co2 from you are not being fully purged due to insufficient flow. So it will take longer for you to actually be breathing pure n2.

I chose a half face rather than full face because I want to ensure that my first and succeeding breaths are pure n2. I'll inhale and hold my breath while I put on the mask and lay down. Then fully exhale and wait a couple of seconds before taking my 1st full breath of 100% n2.

Reactions: justamortal, autumnal and pthnrdnojvsc
S

successful

Mar 8, 2020
If you were getting pure nitrogen you should have passed out without any pain or nausea after one minute.

Because you didn't pass out after one minute some air or co2 was getting into your mask or staying in the mask . They sell an oximeter (not expensive) for your finger. You can tell your oxygen blood levels and at about 54% most people pass out .Normal oxygen levels are around 98%. So if it's lowering your blood levels you can tell if it's working or not.

I don't know the exact airflow of your mask . For this to work the entire snorkel tube has to be for intake of air (o2 or N2) . Then there are exhale valves on the bottom of the mask to breathe out co2.
A mask like this would be more likely to work :

3980cd0c-b518-47a4-b67f-fef3a37715d5.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg

I don't see how this style of mask would work though:

zSiduill.jpg

Since it is a snorkel mask this should be tested under water hooked up to a normal airpump like a tire inflator or mattres inlfator. That way normal air will be pumped into the mask. If there are no leaks then you should be able to breathe air under the water . Then you can tell if you can breathe under water for a minute and then try to look for leaks . You might need to buy another mask if that one is leaking somewhere and try that.

The exhale of that second diagram is very inaccurate. I have the mask so I know this is how it works:
Screen Shot 2020 04 20 at 100811 AM

If I block the inhale inlet or my knob is turned off. I cannot breath in, but I am able to breath out easily and I can feel the air coming out of these exhale points. Yeah, its possible that my N2 might be contaminated with CO2 I bought it from local brewery shop. They advertised that it was 100% pure nitrogen, so I don't know.
Well the idea of vomiting into a closed mask can justify some hesitation from reasoning alone. I don't doubt the commitment to be complex.

A minute long of consciousness might indicate there's something wrong in the setup indeed ?

Now I am not sure if it was a minute or just 30 secs or 15secs. I wasn't counting. It felt like a minute.

What's full form of SI?
Sorry it didn't work. n2 is also my chosen method. I think you're problem is insufficient flow.

1. According to this post. n2 gas used with a argon/co2 flow meter would actually be flowing 70% less than indicated.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...as-and-why-is-it-a-co2-argon-regulator.21456/

2. You need at least 90cfh
I have one of those small half face SAR respirators which has a much smaller internal volume. I was testing I had enough flow (90-100cfh) for normal inhalation.

So I think air inside your mask and co2 from you are not being fully purged due to insufficient flow. So it will take longer for you to actually be breathing pure n2.

I chose a half face rather than full face because I want to ensure that my first and succeeding breaths are pure n2. I'll inhale and hold my breath while I put on the mask and lay down. Then fully exhale and wait a couple of seconds before taking my 1st full breath of 100% n2.
@frostedreef Where can I buy this kind of regulator CGA580 in US ?

Last edited:
Reactions: frostedreef
F

frostedreef

Captain Nemo
Feb 21, 2020
The exhale of that second diagram is very inaccurate. I have the mask so I know this is how it works:
View attachment 32298

If I block the inhale inlet or my knob is turned off. I cannot breath in, but I am able to breath out easily and I can feel the air coming out of these exhale points. Yeah, its possible that my N2 might be contaminated with CO2 I bought it from local brewery shop. They advertised that it was 100% pure nitrogen, so I don't know.

Now I am not sure if it was a minute or just 30 secs or 15secs. I wasn't counting. It felt like a minute.

What's full form of SI?

Unlike yours, I don't have a combined regulator/flow meter setup. Is it possible to crank yours up past the 60cfh limit without the blow off valve going off?

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
View attachment 32298

What's full form of SI?

I can't really tell how your mask airflow works . I'm just trying to help. I just have one like this one and i think this will work for me :

Also I think an oximeter will tell you if your setup is working. If your blood oxygen levels are going down then it's working.But don't let it get below 60% for testing cause you will pass out:

Amazon product ASIN B07PQ8WTC4

Last edited:
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
I'd surmise your heart rate and breathing rate probably increases when you make your attempt, which is normal when a bit anxious/scared. By their very design full face snorkel masks allow for CO2 buildup when breathing fast; and are known to be lethally dangerous to use for actual snorkeling requiring a bit faster breathing than just floatingabout.

I'd suggest an actual scuba full face mask if you choose that route, but it will require a scuba 2 stage reg and some interesting plumbing to mate your N2 tank to the reg.
Or try with a cpap mask

Last edited:
Reactions: Absurdity
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
This really upsets me because I was sure this was a good idea and even made a post about it. Unless the supply is contaminated or like people are saying you freaked out, I cannot imagine why it wouldn't work if your mask has outflow valves in the body as you report. It's just a sturdier "bag" in that regard as with bags the outflow blows out the neck seal. It's so hard to find a sure and peaceful way.

S

successful

Mar 8, 2020
I can't really tell how your mask airflow works . I'm just trying to help. I just have one like this one and i think this will work for me :

Also I think an oximeter will tell you if your setup is working. If your oxygen levels are going down then it's working.But don't let it get below 60% for testing cause you will pass out:

Amazon product ASIN B07PQ8WTC4
I am so sorry that my tone was a bit offending. I was not being rude. Its just that English is not my first language. Thanks for the help. :)

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
kerolox

kerolox

Jul 5, 2019
What happens is you try to breathe with the mask on and the gas turned off, does any air leak in ?

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
What happens is you try to breathe with the mask on and the gas turned off, does any air leak in ?
That's one way to test it for leaks . I made a nitrogen snorkel mask also. I sealed the snorKel on the mask and tried to breathe in. I couldn't breathe in any air. no air just the mask seal vacuumed to my face . So next i want to test it underwater as it is a snorkel mask. of course i'll pump in regular air from a tire inflator to test it. As long as i can breathe air from the air pump with the mask on underwater i know it doesn't have any leaks. I'll make many more tests. You can't test enought, practice enough visualize enough if you want to accomplish something.

Last edited:
Reactions: kerolox and not.happy201
S

successful

Mar 8, 2020
That's one way to test it for leaks . I made a nitrogen snorkel mask also. I sealed the snorKel on the mask and tried to breathe in. I couldn't breathe in any air. no air just the mask seal vacuumed to my face . So next i want to test it underwater as it is a snorkel mask. of course i'll pump in regular air from a tire inflator to test it. As long as i can breathe air from the air pump with the mask on underwater i know it doesn't have any leaks. I'll make many more tests. You can't test enought, practice enough visualize enough if you want to accomplish something.

yes same here. I can't breath in at all if the gas is turned off.

Reactions: justamortal
C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
Cpac masks seem to be recommended but are very expensive. What sort of masks for use with gases would ppl suggest. ? Thanks

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Cpac masks seem to be recommended but are very expensive. What sort of masks for use with gases would ppl suggest. ? Thanks
This post is over a month old and tbh i think the OP may have been successful ?? They haven't been here since the day after this post.

Reactions: justamortal, cappuccinogirl and Krash1990