B

bus catcher

Jul 22, 2024
I am currently planning to run away to commit CBT and now is my chance. since school is starting for my siblings (my family wanted me to not do this semester for my mental health) and my mom is driving one of them, I will be home alone for a good amount of time.

On Tuesday and Wednesday I'll be home alone, and Monday and Friday only my sister will be home. I did have an opportunity this week, but when I had to step outside, it felt like a brick wall was in my way. SI sucks. I think trying to distract myself may help me in this task. I plan to just play music in my ear and turn off my brain.

I also have another plan where I could get out my window at night and go to my chimney, step onto it, and put a box on the ground so I can get off, then I'll be able to leave. The biggest issue is my fear of huntsman spiders and giant moths, which are nocturnal. I think I can solve this by going early in the morning, but there's always the risk of being spotted.

When I do leave, I plan to call a taxi twice. one to drop me off at a river so I can dispose of my phone after calling my next taxi to take me to get a new phone and a bus ticket out of my state. then I'll be able to travel across the USA before dying. I've been working on my plan for awhile on how to escape and what to do after, while making sure it's all in my budget. I got a small bucketlist that I want to fulfill, like climbing a mountain before I die. I may go into more detail when I commence my plan.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tonkpils, fleetingnight, null_blank and 2 others
AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Enemy brain ain't cooperating
Apr 5, 2024
Have you considered leaving a message for your family?

Also why do you feel the need to dispose of your phone? If it's for privacy reasons I don't think anyone will go through the trouble of cracking the encryption as all modern smartphones are encrypted by default.

Hope you can fulfill your bucket list and find peace.

Reactions: bus catcher
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022

Also why do you feel the need to dispose of your phone? If it's for privacy reasons I don't think anyone will go through the trouble of cracking the encryption as all modern smartphones are encrypted by default.

I think it's so they don't get tracked.

Reactions: bus catcher and null_blank
B

bus catcher

Jul 22, 2024

I think it's so they don't get tracked.
Yeah, I heard that police can track someone's phone if they think that someone is missing or is in danger. That's why in my note I just say that I'm leaving and to not bother looking for me, but if my family says to the police that I'm suicidal and planning to CBT like I've done in the past, then they may try to find me. That's why I also used a VPN to hide my search history related to suicide planning.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Yeah, I heard that police can track someone's phone if they think that someone is missing or is in danger. That's why in my note I just say that I'm leaving and to not bother looking for me, but if my family says to the police that I'm suicidal and planning to CBT like I've done in the past, then they may try to find me. That's why I also used a VPN to hide my search history related to suicide planning.
You can turn off the gps in your phone, but it will still ping to cell towers.

B

bus catcher

Jul 22, 2024
You can turn off the gps in your phone, but it will still ping to cell towers.
Yeah, that was my biggest concern when planning, but I don't believe they can track a new phone. Now that I have 6 thousand dollars saved up, a new phone should be no problem, luckily.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Yeah, that was my biggest concern when planning, but I don't believe they can track a new phone. Now that I have 6 thousand dollars saved up, a new phone should be no problem, luckily.
If your name is attached to it they may be able to. Get a burner phone prepaid and don't use your name if you're intent on carrying out your plan.

S

sadyogi

Sep 5, 2024
Getting one of those online eSIMs paid with a prepaid debit card on a new phone paid with cash should wipe away any paper trails

AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Enemy brain ain't cooperating
Apr 5, 2024
I think you're paranoid, police won't contact cell companies or Google to get the location data for a random missing person I don't think.

If you really care about privacy though consider using an open-source android ROM, don't install unnecessary apps and don't use a Google account.

B

bus catcher

Jul 22, 2024
If your name is attached to it they may be able to. Get a burner phone prepaid and don't use your name if you're intent on carrying out your plan.
I just did some research on burner phones, and they sound like a good option as well as prepaid phones. I don't have a bank account, so I can only pay in cash, but from what I know, I can just buy refills at places like Walmart or carrier stores. I only need a phone for transportation and calls, as I cannot drive. So making calls for things like a taxi when I cant use a bus or bike is vital to me.
I think you're paranoid, police won't contact cell companies or Google to get the location data for a random missing person I don't think.

If you really care about privacy though consider using an open-source android ROM, don't install unnecessary apps and don't use a Google account.
Im not too worried about being found after I dispose of my phone. I even got a fake name I'll be using and I'll use a different gmail as well.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish you the best.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I just did some research on burner phones, and they sound like a good option as well as prepaid phones. I don't have a bank account, so I can only pay in cash, but from what I know, I can just buy refills at places like Walmart or carrier stores. I only need a phone for transportation and calls, as I cannot drive. So making calls for things like a taxi when I cant use a bus or bike is vital to me.
Cash is king if you want to maintain anonymity. Credit and debit card purchases can be tracked. *Could* be an issue with some ride services, though, as many only take electronic payments. But, you're good with cash on buses, and most taxi services, I think. Not sure how those rent-a-bike services operate.