WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I just need to vent for a second. I don't want to dox myself, but I live in a small mountain town in the western Carolinas. A lot of it is either underwater or completely gone. I'm one of the lucky ones, my house is on a hill and didn't flood. I saw a trailer home get completely washed down the river. People stuck up on roofs. No water, no power. Thankfully I have satellite internet. We have a generator running for electronics. I can't go anywhere because the roads are fucked. I've never seen anything like this. I was already struggling with chronic pain and illness and suicidal thoughts. I really want to just end it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: vampire2002, rollingthunder, JealousOfTheElderly and 26 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can't even imagine how overwhelming it must feel right now—seeing everything around you torn apart, already dealing with your own struggles, and now facing even more on top of that. I hope you can find some small moments of relief, even just for a little bit, whether it's through music, a book, or something that can distract you.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, divinemistress36, CatLvr and 1 other person
J

justpathetic

Pathetic
Sep 15, 2024
Yeah it's pretty bad. I probably won't get power till sometime next week.
I just need to vent for a second. I don't want to dox myself, but I live in a small mountain town in the western Carolinas. A lot of it is either underwater or completely gone. I'm one of the lucky ones, my house is on a hill and didn't flood. I saw a trailer home get completely washed down the river. People stuck up on roofs. No water, no power. Thankfully I have satellite internet. We have a generator running for electronics. I can't go anywhere because the roads are fucked. I've never seen anything like this. I was already struggling with chronic pain and illness and suicidal thoughts. I really want to just end it.

• Hugs
Reactions: JealousOfTheElderly, outrider567, CTB Dream and 2 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Feb 12, 2019
Yeah it's pretty bad. I probably won't get power till sometime next week.
People are saying 3-4 weeks min for our area, but I hope that's not true.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: JealousOfTheElderly, CTB Dream, CatLvr and 1 other person
sevennn

sevennn

Experienced
Sep 11, 2024
my biggest fear: flood, water, etc. sorry you are going through this. sending love 🫂❤️ sounds very scary

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and WhiteRabbit
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Feb 12, 2019
Just venting again. I'm running out of food/water/gas, and since my house is on a big hill and everything is flooded, it's like I'm on an island. I can't leave. I guess if things get really dire I'll call emergency services and see if they can help.

• Hugs
Reactions: JealousOfTheElderly, rozeske, CTB Dream and 1 other person
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Everything I've seen online looks like something out of a movie. I'm so sorry for you and everyone in the area. I know rescue crews are out there attempting to help, maybe try looking into what crews are in the area to see who may be able to come? I know resources are low for everyone but maybe even someone on a kayak or something.

• Hugs
Reactions: JealousOfTheElderly, CTB Dream, Tonkpils and 1 other person
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Feb 12, 2019
Everything I've seen online looks like something out of a movie. I'm so sorry for you and everyone in the area. I know rescue crews are out there attempting to help, maybe try looking into what crews are in the area to see who may be able to come? I know resources are low for everyone but maybe even someone on a kayak or something.
It's crazy. I read an article yesterday about someone around here who owns a pack mule tour company, and he's using his mules to rescue people in places that vehicles can't access. I want them to come get me! Let me ride out of this hellscape like an 1800's gold miner.

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske, willitpass, CTB Dream and 2 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Just venting again. I'm running out of food/water/gas, and since my house is on a big hill and everything is flooded, it's like I'm on an island. I can't leave. I guess if things get really dire I'll call emergency services and see if they can help.
This is very bad on top of everything else and you're in my thoughts.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and WhiteRabbit
N

NoPoint2Life

Why is this so hard?
Aug 31, 2024
So sorry for you. I can't imagine how you are handling things. Just when you think things can't get worse….
Good example why we should be allowed to ctb. I worry about what would happen if a hurricane or tornado struck where I live life will change in an instant.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Feb 12, 2019
So sorry for you. I can't imagine how you are handling things. Just when you think things can't get worse….
Good example why we should be allowed to ctb. I worry about what would happen if a hurricane or tornado struck where I live life will change in an instant.
Yeah. It's just total devastation here. Who thinks your town will get taken out by a hurricane when you're 300 miles from the coast, up in the mountains? Crazy.

• Hugs
Reactions: JealousOfTheElderly, rozeske, outrider567 and 1 other person
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Yes, nature can be destructive.

For this reason, everyone should have some kind of plan for a SHTF scenario.
Unfortunately, the world is brutal and it is not always possible to prepare. Sometimes there is nothing we can do.

Good luck.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
So sorry OP, I live in a specific state in the southern US that is known to get fucked by hurricanes (and honestly, even regular rain) and I completely feel your worry and concern. Hoping you can get to better conditions soon. I read they called rescue resources out of New Orleans for this so that might be something to look into if it hasn't crossed your radar yet.

• Hugs
Reactions: JealousOfTheElderly, CTB Dream and WhiteRabbit
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
That sounds horrible and for some reason it seems like it´s always the people suffering that gets to suffer even more while the healthy happy people just keeps winning in life and never had any real hardship.

• Hugs
Reactions: NoPoint2Life, WhiteRabbit and CTB Dream
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
V sry all typ dstr hrcn etc scary this rly no end many way natr prblm v sry hpn

• Hugs
Reactions: WhiteRabbit and TheGoodGuy
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
It's crazy. I read an article yesterday about someone around here who owns a pack mule tour company, and he's using his mules to rescue people in places that vehicles can't access. I want them to come get me! Let me ride out of this hellscape like an 1800's gold miner.
If I were in your shoes I'd absolutely want to get rescued by mules haha.

Reactions: opheliaoveragain and WhiteRabbit
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Its a freaking catastrophe there, dozens dead, houses gone,landslides, roads damaged, Chimney Rock gone, people are trapped--We used to go to Banner Elk every Fall, but officials are saying don't even think about it--No phone service, no elec, no internet, Blue Ridge Parkway closed indefinitely, I-40 W into Asheville may be closed for months
People are saying 3-4 weeks min for our area, but I hope that's not true.
I'm sure it will be sooner than that

• Hugs
Reactions: JealousOfTheElderly, WhiteRabbit and willitpass
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Feb 12, 2019
Its a freaking catastrophe there, dozens dead, houses gone,landslides, roads damaged, Chimney Rock gone, people are trapped--We used to go to Banner Elk every Fall, but officials are saying don't even think about it--No phone service, no elec, no internet, Blue Ridge Parkway closed indefinitely, I-40 W into Asheville may be closed for months
The area is absolutely fucked, and there was already a lot of poverty in Western NC. I wonder many people have flood insurance? I suspect there will be a lot of abandoned house, like New Orleans post-Katrina.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Would call sooner than later as you never know how much battery power you will have/need on your phone. I'm sure it would take time to get to you too ya know. I'd be getting on some sort of list. I saw like only two available spots in a town of 140 ppl for a helicopter to land, and the rescued had to venture out to a reachable spot. Don't even know if mules could reach in certain areas. Good luck to you ://

J

justpathetic

Pathetic
Sep 15, 2024
I heard DeSantis is dropping supplies to the mountains and national guard from surrounding states are coming to help
Yes, nature can be destructive.

For this reason, everyone should have some kind of plan for a SHTF scenario.
Unfortunately, the world is brutal and it is not always possible to prepare. Sometimes there is nothing we can do.

Good luck.
Most people around her hear the same info multiple times a year. Then nothing happens and they get lulled into a false sense of security. They do share some of the blame but that doesn't help them now. I still don't ha e power since early Fri morning. There's not a lot I could do to prepare for that. I have a greater thankfully and water since I'm on the city. However a lot of people around me have wells which means they have no water and you can only stockpile so much. It goes really quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: JealousOfTheElderly
R

rollingthunder

May 3, 2023
I'm so sorry, that is incredibly difficult. The devastation that the hurricane left is truly catastrophic and it will take months if not years before we realize the full scope of it. There is a weather guy on Twitter named Reed Timmer that has been sharing a lot of posts and information about helping people, maybe you can check it out if you are able.