T

TheGardener

Aug 4, 2024
Hello,
I'm new here.
I'm just going to make a long story short by saying I've been planning my death for a while now. I've come up short because of details every time but that's not what this post is about. I've bought a book to help me out, the thing is I have 3 cats. I'm not sure what will happen to them after I'm gone. I keep seeing them being put down in a shelter by someone they dont know and it breaks what's left of my heart. I can't keep living , but as long as I don't know what to do with them I can't go either. It's tearing me apart inside. Does anyone know a good solution for pets in this situation?

I'm sure I'm not the first one to ask about this, so I apologize in advance.

Thanks a lot.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lunar echo, rozeske, thebelljarrr and 5 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
The best is you find them a new home before you go.

Reactions: Thalassa, Nefera, TheGardener and 2 others
Upvote 0
Meowmeownextweek

Meowmeownextweek

Mar 30, 2023
You should find new homes for them first. Do you have any relatives or friends that would take them in? Do they take good care of animals?

Reactions: Thalassa, Nefera and CatLvr
Upvote 0
dreamcatcher90

dreamcatcher90

Aug 3, 2024
I am sorry that you are feeling this way. Why do you want to stop living if I may ask? You already have three cute reasons to live for.

• Love
Reactions: Thalassa and CatLvr
Upvote 0
T

TheGardener

Aug 4, 2024
I am sorry that you are feeling this way. Why do you want to stop living if I may ask? You already have three cute reasons to live for.
There's this constant feeling of emptyness, and I just want to go. It's all I think about. It's like eating the same food for years and finally growing so sick of it you'd rather starve than eat another bite. I can't really explain it. I'm numb, without emotion ( except for when it comes to my kitty's) and I just want out.
You should find new homes for them first. Do you have any relatives or friends that would take them in? Do they take good care of animals?
Well no, not really. I've always been a guy that doesn't have too many friends. The ones I do have dont like cats, and I don't want to alarm them that something is wrong so they might try and stop me or take action that takes away my control about the whole thing. The problem is everyone who knows me knows that the second I talk or ask about moving my cats somewhere else they know something is very wrong. And I'd like it if no one saw it coming more then they do now, so they don't feel like they could've done something. I'm trying to go clean, with the least amount of guilt in others as possible. If that makes any sense. I was rather hoping I could just pay a shelter or the vet a large amount and tell them to not kill them and make sure they're adopted . But yeah that'll probably not work.

• Hugs
Reactions: CatLvr
Upvote 1
dreamcatcher90

dreamcatcher90

Aug 3, 2024
I hope that you will reconsider, life can get super tough sometimes. Sometimes finding a new hobby helps. There's always hope that eventually, it might get better. Take ssri if needed.

• Love
Upvote 0
C

CatLvr

Arcanist
Aug 1, 2024
There's this constant feeling of emptyness, and I just want to go. It's all I think about. It's like eating the same food for years and finally growing so sick of it you'd rather starve than eat another bite. I can't really explain it. I'm numb, without emotion ( except for when it comes to my kitty's) and I just want out.

First of all, welcome to SaSu.

Second, I am in the exact same position you are. In fact, there are several of us here who find that our pets, and their love for us, is just about the only thing that keeps us tethered to this life.

I still have pretty intrusive thoughts of self-harm and ctb, but I am in the process of teaching myself to think of how much they need me and how much I love them when I think destructively. It is not easy. I am having to be gentle with myself -- something I am definitely not used to doing -- but it is helping.

Also, I believe that what you do in this life affects your spirit as it moves through to whatever is next for you on the other side so I believe not honoring my commitment to them (by taking them I have made the promise to care for, and love them, for the rest of their lives). If I hadn't wanted to, or couldn't have, made that commitment to them when I found them then I should have just kept walking.

So, for me, the only honorable thing to do is fulfill the commitment I made by either finding them new homes, staying with them as they are euthanized in a veterinary setting before I ctb or staying here until their times have all come and they have all passed before me.

It has been a bit easier for me since I have decided that keeping them happy and healthy is more important to me than the urge to ctb most times. Maybe that would help you a bit?? Basically they are now part of my plan to ctb. They give me what I cannot get from the humans around me. In exchange, I will stay here until I know I have made arrangements for them and they will be safe and loved when I am gone.

Reactions: TheGardener
Upvote 0
Z

Zaphkiel

IDK
May 13, 2023
Firstly, try to see if it's not just an empty period. They can have a long duration depending of the trouble that caused them too. CTB is a one time decision, so better to not be impulsive about it.
About the pet, mine has been there for me in the toughest situation. The least i can do for him is doing the same. And me dissapearing would totally break him. So i'll hold my going uintil he is there, and will go with him when the time come.

• Love
Reactions: Thalassa, TheGardener and CatLvr
Upvote 0
T

TheGardener

Aug 4, 2024
First of all, welcome to SaSu.

Second, I am in the exact same position you are. In fact, there are several of us here who find that our pets, and their love for us, is just about the only thing that keeps us tethered to this life.

I still have pretty intrusive thoughts of self-harm and ctb, but I am in the process of teaching myself to think of how much they need me and how much I love them when I think destructively. It is not easy. I am having to be gentle with myself -- something I am definitely not used to doing -- but it is helping.

Also, I believe that what you do in this life affects your spirit as it moves through to whatever is next for you on the other side so I believe not honoring my commitment to them (by taking them I have made the promise to care for, and love them, for the rest of their lives). If I hadn't wanted to, or couldn't have, made that commitment to them when I found them then I should have just kept walking.

So, for me, the only honorable thing to do is fulfill the commitment I made by either finding them new homes, staying with them as they are euthanized in a veterinary setting before I ctb or staying here until their times have all come and they have all passed before me.

It has been a bit easier for me since I have decided that keeping them happy and healthy is more important to me than the urge to ctb most times. Maybe that would help you a bit?? Basically they are now part of my plan to ctb. They give me what I cannot get from the humans around me. In exchange, I will stay here until I know I have made arrangements for them and they will be safe and loved when I am gone.
Thank you for this comment. It's nicely written and 100% correct. Ive stayed here for them so far, I'll keep this in mind. Thank you.
Firstly, try to see if it's not just an empty period. They can have a long duration depending of the trouble that caused them too. CTB is a one time decision, so better to not be impulsive about it.
About the pet, mine has been there for me in the toughest situation. The least i can do for him is doing the same. And me dissapearing would totally break him. So i'll hold my going uintil he is there, and will go with him when the time come.
You're right I'll hold on and see what the future brings. If I can't guarantee their safety I shouldnt go anywhere. They've saved my life a few times already maybe it's time I gave back.

• Love
Upvote 0
sos

sos

Experienced
Jul 22, 2024
you've gotta be sure that you actually want to ctb and that you've fully prepared yourself for such a thing before you make any decisions regarding your cats

bc you wouldn't want to end up failing, followed by the will to live, but having to continue your life w/o your cats, that'd kind of suck

should definitely think this through and consider your options

Reactions: CatLvr
Upvote 0
T

TheGardener

Aug 4, 2024
I hope that you will reconsider, life can get super tough sometimes. Sometimes finding a new hobby helps. There's always hope that eventually, it might get better. Take ssri if needed.
I've tried everything, im on effexor and welbutrin, I've been in the hospital for nearly 7 months now, sometimes when it has to end it just has to end
you've gotta be sure that you actually want to ctb and that you've fully prepared yourself for such a thing before you make any decisions regarding your cats

bc you wouldn't want to end up failing, followed by the will to live, but having to continue your life w/o your cats, that'd kind of suck

should definitely think this through and consider your options
I know, I've been making the necessary steps, I was sure I found a full proof method but it turns out thats not true. So for now I'm not going to rush anything until I'm 100% sure I'm not going to fail. But that's not as easy as I thought. Thanks for your comment though I appreciate it

Upvote 0
RadiantNumber

RadiantNumber

Mar 2, 2024
Hello,
I'm new here.
I'm just going to make a long story short by saying I've been planning my death for a while now. I've come up short because of details every time but that's not what this post is about. I've bought a book to help me out, the thing is I have 3 cats. I'm not sure what will happen to them after I'm gone. I keep seeing them being put down in a shelter by someone they dont know and it breaks what's left of my heart. I can't keep living , but as long as I don't know what to do with them I can't go either. It's tearing me apart inside. Does anyone know a good solution for pets in this situation?

I'm sure I'm not the first one to ask about this, so I apologize in advance.

Thanks a lot.
Have you hot aby friends? Which They know? You could give them to them

Upvote 0