P

PartlyHuman

Sorry for my English
Jan 10, 2021
It was only a second visit to my new therapist and I don't think I'm going to have a third one. It was terrible enough for me to take a five minutes pause (online appointment) and cut first time in about half a year and binge eat after and wow I'm still feeling like shit.
She was silent most of the time and then managed to directly hit my trauma with one really cruel sentence. Then when I admitted I don't see any reason to continue living, she just told me I need to find one. Thanks, I've never thought about it before. I'm cured now.
Anyway, I just feel really, really bad, like all the progress I've made never existed and two years after I'm still in the same spot. I want to forget past three hours so much.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: demuic, tyasma, Shivali and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That must had been a horrible experience and that therapist sounds really insensitive. It's just so awful how in this world other people can just make things worse and cause more suffering. But I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: PartlyHuman
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
I find it incredible how terrible therapists can make people feel when they are being paid (very generously) to HELP. I will never forget a therapist saying to me once after I'd bared my soul, detailing my trauma, "do you think that maybe you aren't grateful enough?" Yes, lady, I am well aware that things can always get worse and there are people that suffer more than me, jesusfuckingchrist. The clear treatment for my issues is to shame me for not being grateful enough. Thanks!!
They really can just completely fuck you up with one sentence. It is such a demeaning experience. I'm sorry this professional who should be sensitive and caring made you feel worse. You have every right to not go back!

• Hugs
Reactions: leeloosnow and niiina
niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
I'm sorry you went through this, it sucks.
I go to a nice therapist, despite saying some cliche things sometimes she's really trying, but unfortunately, even tho she's nice, she can't change anything, it doesn't work at all in any way

• Hugs
Reactions: almaranthine
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Therapists often do more harm than good- the longer they can keep you sick the more money they can make, sadly. The majority of therapists seem to not care about their patients at all, sadly.

Reactions: Need2BFree
BipolarExpress

BipolarExpress

he/him · tired/exhausted
Nov 11, 2022
It's infuriating when people who are supposed to help end up hurting you instead.

Reactions: Need2BFree
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm so sorry. It takes so much courage to tell a total stranger your deepest and most vulnerable thoughts. The least you should be able to expect is for them to make you feel at ease and listened to. It's not supposed to make things worse! Sounds like you need a new therapist just to get over this one.

I just don't get it. Do you suppose they are even schooled in how to talk to people rather than all just books and theory?

Reactions: almaranthine
S

sevenkarmas

Student
Oct 10, 2022
In my limited experience, most therapists/counselors/psychiatrists are psychopaths. While some lack empathy and are incompetent, otherwise are downright cruel. The pain is the point.

Reactions: demuic, Per Ardua Ad Astra and exhaustedanonymous
N

Need2BFree

Oct 5, 2022
I remember many many years ago I went to see a psychologist told her about the (I will be careful with my words as I don't want to trigger anyone) things my mum did. I had a very bad upbringing after I told the psychologist what I experienced she said to me "your mum loved you in her own way". I have never heard anything so messed up from a professional. I thought if that was love what on earth would hate and hurt feel like! I know the psychologist was coming from a good place, she ment well. Good job I didn't share the other thing that happened I guess that would have been love in their own way to.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your therapist.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and PartlyHuman
letthisbeover

letthisbeover

Feb 7, 2022
Therapists are the worst lmaooo. When I was 15 my mom took my to a therapist and after the visit I cut myself for the first time. Been doing it ever since

• Hugs
Reactions: Someone123
LookingOverTheEdge

LookingOverTheEdge

Hello Darkness my old friend
Jul 13, 2020
I remember trying therapy as a much younger man. My therapist was a waking cliche. 'Uh huh, uh huh, and how does that make you feel?'. I mean there's a reason I'm here you know?
Then one day, she was off sick and I had a stand in. Who asked thoughtful questions, and really had me thinking about things in a different light. Real self examination you know? I never saw her again after that. But I wish there were many more like her in the world. Maybe there would be some hope for the system.
As it is, I don't think that therapy is helpful in the majority of cases, or certainly not for me at least. Though I would advise people to try options before they hit their last resort so to speak.

Reactions: PartlyHuman and Life_and_Death
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I'm really sorry this happened to you. I don't think people realize how much damage a therapist can deal by dishing out venomous words during a moment of weakness. It is so difficult to open up about the problems and challenges that you face, and that courage is met with dismay and callousness.

Don't go back to a person who treats you this way, this therapist clearly doesn't know what she's doing and seems to feel no remorse about how her actions are harmful to you. You are worth more than her silence and hateful words.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: PartlyHuman, demuic and Someone123