• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

O

overthehill

Jul 11, 2024
First time poster.

Long story short, I'm suicidal because I've been socially isolated for over a decade and my therapist just told me he can't help me. For the past 10 years I've been looking for help and finding none. The only thing I have left to live for is my mother and I wish I didn't have her. I love her, don't get me wrong, but her existence is what anchors me to this mortal coil. If I didn't have her I could just die, just rest and escape the pain. It's only going to get worse, I'm already too old for things to get better. I'm at that age where "people" judge you for being lonely, leading to a vicious cycle that only ends in death.

I wish I had a way out, even if that way out is death. I welcome it.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Nothing87, bandoscii, Waldorf&Statler and 12 others
Escape Artist

Escape Artist

Jun 3, 2019
That's got to be incredibly painful to hear from a therapist. I'm sorry to hear about that happening.

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: bandoscii, retention, MatrixPrisoner and 5 others
O

overthehill

Jul 11, 2024
That's got to be incredibly painful to hear from a therapist. I'm sorry to hear about that happening.

Welcome to the forum.
It's incredibly painful. It feels like the final nail in the coffin, objective confirmation that at this point suicide is the rational choice.

• Hugs
Reactions: bandoscii, Praestat_Mori, GuessWhosBack and 1 other person
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
The most iconic recognised form of help in this world giving up on people is like the ultimate insult to injury, I'm so sorry...

Reactions: WantingOut2, retention, MatrixPrisoner and 5 others
Arahant

Arahant

Student
Jun 15, 2024
Your therapist failed you.

Reactions: WantingOut2, pinkblur, MatrixPrisoner and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. Staying alive for parents is good bc often it's not their fault and they would be the ones suffering the most if it comes to CTB of one of their children. Now, about your therapist - what can he actually do if you're socially isolated? I doubt, he can generate friends, a partner and so on. Why are you socially isolated? Is there an answer to the problem that causes you MH issues? We humans r social creatures by nature and loneliness can kill us. Ik this won't solve your issues, I wish I could help you. 🫂

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
nattanatta

nattanatta

Aug 13, 2024
I'm so so sorry that you had to hear something so painful and are suffering.

Reactions: WantingOut2 and MatrixPrisoner
O

overthehill

Jul 11, 2024
I'm sorry you have to go through this. Staying alive for parents is good bc often it's not their fault and they would be the ones suffering the most if it comes to CTB of one of their children. Now, about your therapist - what can he actually do if you're socially isolated? I doubt, he can generate friends, a partner and so on. Why are you socially isolated? Is there an answer to the problem that causes you MH issues? We humans r social creatures by nature and loneliness can kill us. Ik this won't solve your issues, I wish I could help you. 🫂
I'd argue that at this point, the fact that I've been alone for 11 years is the biggest reason I'm alone. It makes you a weirdo, and society doesn't forgive men for failure. The more you fail, the more you fail so the more you fail. It's like being stuck in quicksand: the more you struggle, the faster you sink.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WantingOut2, Waldorf&Statler, tenshi天神 and 2 others
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I'd argue that at this point, the fact that I've been alone for 11 years is the biggest reason I'm alone. It makes you a weirdo, and society doesn't forgive men for failure. The more you fail, the more you fail so the more you fail. It's like being stuck in quicksand: the more you struggle, the faster you sink.
I'm in the same boat. Except I truly hate the majority of people I encounter. No love lost I guess.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
The more you fail, the more you fail so the more you fail. It's like being stuck in quicksand: the more you struggle, the faster you sink.
This is very well said. My situation is different to yours. I stopped fighting and I didn't sink any further for now. For me it's already rock bottom where I am but I'm sure it would go much deeper if I started to fight destiny again.

RoseGarden

RoseGarden

Alone & Unloved
Apr 10, 2024
therapists' skill sets vary. if yours doesn't have the ability to help you it's better to refer you to someone who can. any good therapist would offer bridge sessions as well. imo it's extremely unethical to just drop you out of the blue without any warning, referrals, or anything

VeryShy

VeryShy

Seriously disabled due to autism and schizophrenia
Jun 21, 2024
When it comes to me, I don't want a therapist, a doctor of any kind. I just wish to die peacefully. Btw, I'm very sorry about your situation.

Reactions: GuessWhosBack
Priestess

Priestess

Feb 15, 2022
Therapy is shit. I've had a similar experience. I told a therapist that I have nothing to live for because, besides being seriously ill and in poverty, I have no hobbies or friends because I've been too ill to have a social life for years. I'm 40, no spouse, no kids and nothing to live for, so why shouldn't I ctb? The therapist said she will ask other childfree, unmarried people over 40 what they live for and get back to me. The following week she told me how she'd asked every childfree unmarried person over 40 that she knows what they lived for and I could see she wasn't impressed with their responses but read them to me anyway. They were things like "I live to walk my dogs," and "I live to see casual acquaintances down the pub." Just boring, pointless cope.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
This happened to me too and the only response I keep getting is "just find another one lol" as if this entire useless profession isn't geared towards lying to oneself just to cope.