cowboypants

cowboypants

Experienced
May 7, 2024
I haven't decided on the date yet but will likely do it this year, I will be doing the stat method. Aiming for around 8-12 hour of fast. I am following the PPH 2022 book and a bit of inspo from here.

REGIMEN

60 minutes before SN: Paracetamol 1000mg, Clobazam 10mg,

40 minutes before SN: Metoclopramide 30mg, Ondansetron 8mg, Omeprazole 80mg

00 minutes: 25g of SN and 400mg Propranolol in plain water, another glass for backup

Taking the Clobazam (benzo) before because I don't want to be anxious when I'm doing this procedure. I have few left from seeing my last psychiatrist. Otherwise, It's a really hard one to get. The propranolol should take care of the anxiety that comes afterward.

I have bought Mentos and tic-tac-toe for chewing something

ANTIEMETIC

In the PPH the doc recommends one to take meto with ondansetron or haloperidol 2mg.

Metoclopramide is a broad spectrum antiemetic, but my assumption is that when you combine it with other antiemetic. The chance of you being comfortable is higher.

ANTACIDS AND ACID REDUCERS

I want to explain a bit about these confusions around antacids/ acid reducers from what I have read.

Antacids work on the acids already present in the stomach. Whereas acid reducers inhibit the stomach from producing more acids. If there is a build up of acid in the stomach, then it often comes up.

Antacids are not recommended for now as it's speculated to slow down absorption.
For the heartburn, he mentions to take either an H2 Antagonist or Proton pump inhibitors (PPI). Out of the two, it's known that PPI are superior (Omeprazole/ Esomeptizole 80mg)

PROPRANOLOL

When the body starts getting the effects of SN, the heart will be beat faster to compensate (Tachycardia). But with propranolol in the system that message is blocked, and you lose consciousness quickly. I have seen many long acting (LA) and slow releasing (SR) tablets. You will need a normal one for it to quickly get absorbed.

With that, I think I have covered the major side effects that come with SN. If there is any I have to change, please mention below

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: guachinio, Alexei_Kirillov, Acritarch and 4 others
randomeyes11

randomeyes11

Ready to go home
Jun 14, 2024
I haven't decided on the date yet but will likely do it this year, I will be doing the stat method. Aiming for around 8-12 hour of fast. I am following the PPH 2022 book and a bit of inspo from here.

REGIMEN

00 minutes: 25g of SN and 400mg Propranolol in plain water, another glass for backup

Taking the Clobazam (benzo) before because I don't want to be anxious when I'm doing this procedure. I have few left from seeing my last psychiatrist. Otherwise, It's a really hard one to get. The propranolol should take care of the anxiety that comes afterward.

ANTIEMETIC

In the PPH the doc recommends one to take meto with ondansetron or haloperidol 2mg.

Metoclopramide is a broad spectrum antiemetic, but my assumption is that when you combine it with other antiemetic. The chance of you being comfortable is higher.

I want to explain a bit about these confusions around antacids/ acid reducers from what I have read.

Antacids work on the acids already present in the stomach. Whereas acid reducers inhibit the stomach from producing more acids. If there is a build up of acid in the stomach, then it often comes up.

Antacids are not recommended for now as it's speculated to slow down absorption.
For the heartburn, he mentions to take either an H2 Antagonist or Proton pump inhibitors (PPI). Out of the two, it's known that PPI are superior (Omeprazole/ Esomeptizole 80mg)

PROPRANOLOL

When the body starts getting the effects of SN, the heart will be beat faster to compensate (Tachycardia). But with propranolol in the system that message is blocked, and you lose consciousness quickly. I have seen many long acting (LA) and slow releasing (SR) tablets. You will need a normal one for it to quickly get absorbed.

With that, I think I have covered the major side effects that come with SN. If there is any I have to change, please mention below
I wish I could have some of those because I can't get those meds without a prescription in the US, so it's a challenge for me. Whatever happens, I wish you the best.

Reactions: cowboypants
Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
Everything seems correct to me, you were lucky to have the right pills.

Acritarch

Acritarch

Jun 16, 2024

REGIMEN

ANTIEMETIC

PROPRANOLOL

Yes a good plan, i prefer the stat method.

In the 2023 pph, there is only one antimetic, Metoclopramide, no more Ondansentron.
I don't know what taking Metoclopramide and Odansentron together is supposed to do.

I will take Domperidone as antimetic, I admit the side effects of meto scare me.
I don't want any problems before I can drink the SN.
Will you dissolved the SN and the propranolol in the same water, or drinking you the Propranolol after the SN?

In a posting i read that in the 2024 pph 25 g SN + 2g Propranolol is recommended, is that right?

I am not sure, is it after drinking this mixture SN+Propranolol necessary drinking Benzos (Xanax, Diazepam)

Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
I am not sure, is it after drinking this mixture SN+Propranolol necessary drinking Benzos (Xanax, Diazepam)
According to the guides the order is SN and then benzos, but I won't do it that way, I don't think they will take effect in time, I will take them 20 minutes before

Reactions: SenseOfLoss and wyo777
cowboypants

cowboypants

Experienced
May 7, 2024
Yes a good plan, i prefer the stat method.

In the 2023 pph, there is only one antimetic, Metoclopramide, no more Ondansentron.
I don't know what taking Metoclopramide and Odansentron together is supposed to do.

I will take Domperidone as antimetic, I admit the side effects of meto scare me.
I don't want any problems before I can drink the SN.
Will you dissolved the SN and the propranolol in the same water, or drinking you the Propranolol after the SN?

In a posting i read that in the 2024 pph 25 g SN + 2g Propranolol is recommended, is that right?

Ondansetron is a serotonin antagonist. It's more of an anti nausea pill. Meto has some serotonin antagonist capabilities, but not as much is what I've read. There are some studies which said ondansetron was better to meto whereas some said they are like equal. Ondansetron is a newer drug.

Yeah, the side effects are a lot for meto, but when you take in stat it shouldn't be a problem. The main issue I see is restlessness. I feel the rest are really exaggerated for more than what it is.

I will be dissolving propranolol and SN in same water, he doesn't mention separate water cups

I, too, saw it I don't want to change my routine without seeing the full material on it. But for me getting propranolol is quite easy.

I don't think it's necessary to combine benzos and propranolol in high quantities. Taking one of them should do the job.