N

NoWayOut015

Caught between black and white
Jun 11, 2023
I've told my sister about how I feel, that there's no hope and that I want to give up an sooner or later likely will.
We had a big discussion about purpose, meaning of life, that I didn't use to think like this.
Just basically that she doesn't understand at all how I am feeling
Anyway she basically shamed me for giving up because I always used to be strong. She said it has been better before and it will get better again, I said she can't know that and even if, it's just gonna get worse again.
She said it's always darkest before the dawn and seems to not even hear me when I say it's not like that for everyone, that's not a fact and there's no guarantee. Not everyone is a fucking success story but she wants me to be the success story and fight for it.
She doesn't get that I would fight for it if I thought it was possible or likely but I just don't care about fighting for nothing. And even if I could let this feeling of death is better then life behind me, I would still have to live with being the failure I am. It's not like I would be successful even if I won against my suicidal side. It's so painfully pointless.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: jemetire, m1v and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Just by putting pressure on you to "force you to be a success in the society" that alone is so much counterproductive. Not everyone can be the success story but everyone should be respected according to their abilities in the society. And saying about yourself that you are a "failure" that is wrong, I say it's a failure of society that people get the feeling that they are a failure. Have you ever asked your sister why SHE isn't the success story of the family? ....just my thoughts ...

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Yeahhh that's the common response it seems that its gotten better in the past so it can again. I dunno why people ignore when one points out the very realistic facts that it's not like that for everyone... its infuriating.

The pressure put on people that are viewed as strong is so incredibly counterproductive. It's such horrible pressure and does make one feel like a failure.

I do not think you are a failure and im sorry ur sister didn't understand 😔

• Love
Reactions: NoWayOut015
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Sadly, a lot of people won't even try to understand the suffering that other people go through, and many refuse to accept the right to die, but anyway no matter what other people say, none of us are obligated to continue existing here, it will always be a personal decision deciding when to leave.