• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Jun 14, 2023
i kept gaslighting myself into thinking that my life is getting better for months but i ended up being here again and posting about how hard my life is when in reality i think im just overreacting.

am i even welcome here if that's the case? my problems are literally nothing compared to other people. it feels like im going to be left all alone soon irl and i'll be truly depressed again.

the stuff i said is probably confusing sorry.

• Hugs
Reactions: halleyscomet, Immensevoid, coralreef and 1 other person
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Welcome to here. Just because other people have problems dosent mean you should minimize or ignore your own. There's plenty of support to be found here.

Reactions: Immensevoid
bFre3

bFre3

Apr 8, 2024
The only people who aren't welcome here are people who are here to criticise us.

I'm not really a professional in this, but personally, from what I've seen, when people do go through the process of recovery, they tend to go through lots of ups and downs like you described. I'd say you're completely normal.

You're always welcome here. Or at least, I welcome you. The majority of people here are here to listen, relate, and comfort each other, whatever the problem may be.

I hope you come to a conclusion you're content with. It's okay to be confused, I think.

Toxic Positivity

Toxic Positivity

At my own pace
Feb 11, 2022
It can be helpful in recovery to be strategic about the life-comparisons we are making. For example, if I compare myself strictly to peers in my age group who have met all their milestones in life (i.e. moving out, graduating school, getting good jobs), then I'm doing myself a disservice and actually hindering my own progress. As long as I'm making measurable progress towards my goals, I don't deserve to be in despair, so I try not to put myself in it.

Alternatively, the "other people have it worse" idea can be useful in the sense that it makes me grateful for mundane things like shelter, utilities and surviving family (even with all of the baggage therein). These comparisons---who has it better, who has it worse---are best as choices, to make your own life better however you can, or to reframe normalcy into something to be in awe of from an absolute perspective (running water, plentiful nutrition, electricity, etc).

Jun 14, 2023
thanks for giving me reassurance. i appreciate it a lot...