W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
LOL (yeah, I can laugh at it now), just as this thread's title says, my psych and therapist have "dumped" me!!! (now that I'm feeling better)

They said that due to some issues with my medical insurance they won't be able to see me anymore and I was just like..."WTF? WHAT DO I DO NOW, MAN? ISN'T THIS KINDA LIKE ABANDONING A HUMAN BEING WHO NEEDS PROFESSIONAL HELP?"

Then, I relaxed because fortunately, my mental health insurance is awesome and has more than 1 option. I've already made an appointment to see a new psychiatrist in two weeks and have lots of meds left but boy... I can't believe how you're just a NUMBER/(one more person who BREATHES in this world, for them! They were just like... "we can't see you anymore and we don't give a sh*t about your suicidal thoughts and attempts, bye. "

It's a shame. I thought they were really nice people but they only, as most humans, want money. (I had my suspicions, though)

Can anyone relate? Has your therapist/psychiatrist ever "dumped" you?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: nitrogennitrite2, Rolliewoo, sadpenguin and 26 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i dumped my therapist for not listening to me. i was telling her that i was dissociated 24/7 and shes telling my husband how to pull me out of it (which was actually good advice for a completely different problem i was having where i would shut down and stop responding). anyway we left and i corrected my husband basically saying "dont listen to that bs"

and then i lost my last therapist because i got anxiety and couldnt call. i finally got around to emailing them and now im back to point 1 and have been putting off the phone call for almost a month. plus covid and not being able to wear a mask isnt helping at all.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: NasiGoreng, Rn110bg101, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 4 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I'm glad your mental insurance is awesome. Your psychiatrist is incredibly rude and unprofessional.

• Love
Reactions: Wraith, botanormal, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 3 others
S

Scotty

Student
Dec 26, 2020
I had a therapist not call me back and not return my calls recently. He was a horrible therapist anyway. My psychiatrist wrote me a a really angry email after I emailed him asking to adjust my meds a bit. I have only had one good psychiatrist who was also a therapist but he died. The rest have been horrible. Just there to collect money and check checkboxes. I used to believe that they could help, but I don't anymore. So sorry. It feels horrible.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, ithappens, botanormal and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm glad your mental insurance is awesome. Your psychiatrist is incredibly rude and unprofessional.

I'm not perfect but, with teachers something similar happens. In spite of my mental issues, I could never abandon one of my students like this whereas some other teachers are like "who cares? i need the money. "

I'm glad that even though I have flaws, I'm not like my psych and therapists. I'm really disappointed on them.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, ithappens, botanormal and 3 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
My psychiatrist wrote me a a really angry email after I emailed him asking to adjust my meds a bit.
ouch, sounds like you need a new one.

judging by the way this is worded im guessing that it wasnt something like "give me more xanax" (which i could understand the doc getting upset about) i dont see any problem with wanting your meds adjusted as long as you can support the reason.

edit: i wonder how the MHS would be if we got all the bad ones to f off. i mean....if everyone (or a majority) is refusing to see someone then they would either have to straighten up or get fired. im just saying if you want a better MHS this would probably be a good place to start.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
The ones I saw (I never wanted meds or therapy, but tried it cuz of parents) were either smiling and nodding, dragging the conversation on and letting me do all of the talking (to get paid without doing anything, I'm not the type that benefits from the therapist-patient "bond"). Or they were trying to get me to state some stupid "goal" (I don't have goals, only want a peaceful death) and then hit me with basic bitch CBT.

• Hugs
Reactions: MrBlue, ithappens, botanormal and 3 others
S

Scotty

Student
Dec 26, 2020
Definitely need a new therapist. I have some stories with him. He once asked me if I managed to have some money saved up and I replied, yes, it's not great, but I have about $40,000 to $50,000 saved. He said no, like real money like his father had which was 80 million. I wanted to scream with rage, but I kept it together.

The psychiatrist question was to up my antidepressant meds because I was particularly down. He said to never email with questions regarding meds and if I want to address problems I need to schedule an appointment.

I have two letters written to them that I will send to them and the board that oversees them stating that they were the primary cause for my suicide.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NasiGoreng, saltshaker, LivedTooLong and 4 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I know the feeling, I had this therapist that told me that he didn't accept my insurance anymore which was fine, but he didn't have to add, "so I'm letting you go because you would never be able to afford me" No, I could've afforded ya, but I could make better use of $225 then spend it on you for an hour only to hear you invalidate my issues.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dontknowhowtolive, OpheliasFlowers, Helpneedtips and 6 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Definitely need a new therapist. I have some stories with him. He once asked me if I managed to have some money saved up and I replied, yes, it's not great, but I have about $40,000 to $50,000 saved. He said no, like real money like his father had which was 80 million. I wanted to scream with rage, but I kept it together.
That man clearly doesn't work for the wage, he works just for fun. Therapy does sound like a great job if you enjoy getting a rise out of people.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and WornOutLife
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
I've seen many therapists (more than 8) and no one of them could help me. Doesn't work for me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: nitrogennitrite2, Regen, OpheliasFlowers and 3 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
:pfff: :pfff: :pfff: Kinda funny, tho. Baller therapist.
monopoly GIF

I gots me some of dat monopoly money.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Scotty, GenesAndEnvironment and 1 other person
Zhontafly

Zhontafly

Student
Jul 16, 2020
I wouldnt sweat it. I havnt had this problem with any of them, but maybe its cause I shoot straight with them when I talk with them and I make them confront the reality of my situation and the world situation, so if they were to deny it or argue with me, then I GOT THEM on the CRAZY scale. Then I swap places and could confront them on their delusions and unrealistic views and expectations! :D

• Love
Nessa

Nessa

My 'minds' r killin' me..
Aug 11, 2018
Yeah, they rejected me last summer.. cause they didn't had the expertise 2 help me anymore. A bit sudden I must say, my therapist didn't prepared me 4 this closure. I had intensive therapy (2times a week) for 7 years. They did recommend further specialized treatment else where.
So it really made me wonder and it confirmed what I always thought: I can not be helped to a sane mind. Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling dissapointed or sad. It's feels more like a relief 2 me. After 7 years they couldn't give me what I need, come on hahaha.. it was my last try 2 follow regular care.
But that healthcare is not what I need. At least not anymore ;)

• Hugs
Reactions: sleepytourist, OpheliasFlowers and MrBlue
P

paininme

Nov 17, 2020
I had the crisis team visit my house everyday at one point after a failed attempt and after about a week they asked if I was thinking of harming myself I said no because I couldn't be bothered to talk and they just said ok you are signed off from us...like isn't it your job to recognise I'm not well and lying

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: MrBlue
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah, they rejected me last summer.. cause they didn't had the expertise 2 help me anymore. A bit sudden I must say, my therapist didn't prepared me 4 this closure. I had intensive therapy (2times a week) for 7 years. They did recommend further specialized treatment else where.
So it really made me wonder and it confirmed what I always thought: I can not be helped to a sane mind. Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling dissapointed or sad. It's feels more like a relief 2 me. After 7 years they couldn't give me what I need, come on hahaha.. it was my last try 2 follow regular care.
But that healthcare is not what I need. At least not anymore ;)

This is really unfair for us! They should prepare us for the closure but unfortunately, most of them just want the money and get rid of "complex" people.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nessa, sleepytourist, OpheliasFlowers and 1 other person
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
Yeah, it sucks but it's his occupation so how else is he supposed to make a living?

Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
I'm in Canada. I wish that counselling/therapy will be covered by medical insurance for free, whether if I am unemployed or not. If suicide isn't sanctioned, the best the government could do is provide free services on why we should be alive, whether it be financial, housing, food, and mental health support.

If life is that important, and we get visits from the police when we're suicidal, then the government need to step in to invest on something they really believe in.

I don't care what any of the reader's political position is, but since the government outlawed sanctioned suicide (not the forum itself, but the access to SN, N, etc, or any suicide services), the government has to do something to keep us alive to prove that life is that important. The government has to put OUR money where their mouth is. If not, we should have the right to have legal access to sanctioned suicide, just like suicide booth from Futurama.

• Love
Reactions: Nessa, Regen and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah, it sucks but it's his occupation so how else is he supposed to make a living?

They could make a living by making us feel like living (no pun intended), or simply doing their job properly!
I'm a teacher and do my best in every lesson whereas some other teachers just explain XX and don't give a damn whether you've learnt something new or not. I would've liked my therapists and psych to do the same.

L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
LOL (yeah, I can laugh at it now), just as this thread's title says, my psych and therapist have "dumped" me!!! (now that I'm feeling better)

They said that due to some issues with my medical insurance they won't be able to see me anymore and I was just like..."WTF? WHAT DO I DO NOW, MAN? ISN'T THIS KINDA LIKE ABANDONING A HUMAN BEING WHO NEEDS PROFESSIONAL HELP?"

Then, I relaxed because fortunately, my mental health insurance is awesome and has more than 1 option. I've already made an appointment to see a new psychiatrist in two weeks and have lots of meds left but boy... I can't believe how you're just a NUMBER/(one more person who BREATHES in this world, for them! They were just like... "we can't see you anymore and we don't give a sh*t about your suicidal thoughts and attempts, bye. "

It's a shame. I thought they were really nice people but they only, as most humans, want money. (I had my suspicions, though)

Yes after I said if I have to see her in Particular anymore I'm probably going to throttle her. You don't get to choose who here in the U.K. you get what your given as such

• Aww..
Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
I was fired once for admitting that I self-harmed. It took me months to work up to making the disclosure, and I was dumped immediately... she wasn't comfortable dealing with it. At all.

In retrospect, I understand. If you're not capable of dealing with a particular issue, you need to refer to someone who can "go there". But at the time, I felt pretty freakish and demoralized.

• Hugs
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020

This is why they need to legalize assisted suicide. People on here especially have tried getting help to only end up dealing with issues like this. Yet ft26 still bashes us saying we havent "tried" to get better. Bullshit. The only reason its not legalized is because they need us around to make money off of us and its mainly fucking pro lifers, and families emotions that wont legalize it bc they're in denial of accepting life is not worth it when you've exhausted all options. They know this they just dont want to say it! And so they try everything to keep their family members to still keep suffering endlessly so they can feel happy. So your telling me bc of people that dont want to accept that life is a bitch and will always be a bitch, because they cant see it right now through they're ignorant and self absorbed mindsets, they want to lie and not legalize it, have us trapped here, so pro lifers "bs emotions and happiness" are not affected? Omfg make it make sense :angry:

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nessa, nitrogennitrite2, WornOutLife and 1 other person
I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
my ghetto as therapist won't even call me during this pandemic as I'll get a call that she will be calling tomorrow and guess what she doesn't fucking call. I was relying heavily on my peer counselor and the dude got sick with pneumonia and was in and out of the hospital and I finally lost contact with him. As for my psychiatrist she was always blaming me and saying I was a junkie so they dumped me to the RN who gives me my pills but seriously what the fuck kind of shit show is this?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Nessa, sleepytourist, WornOutLife and 1 other person
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
my ghetto as therapist won't even call me during this pandemic as I'll get a call that she will be calling tomorrow and guess what she doesn't fucking call. I was relying heavily on my peer counselor and the dude got sick with pneumonia and was in and out of the hospital and I finally lost contact with him. As for my psychiatrist she was always blaming me and saying I was a junkie so they dumped me to the RN who gives me my pills but seriously what the fuck kind of shit show is this?
A 100% common shit show that must end now. They give us rat pills and expect us to get better give me a fucking break. Wish there was a machine where we can show them what we go through everday, maybe they might leave us alone and legalize peaceful ways to ctb. :meh:

• Hugs
Reactions: Nessa, WornOutLife, OpheliasFlowers and 1 other person
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
They could make a living by making us feel like living (no pun intended), or simply doing their job properly!
I'm a teacher and do my best in every lesson whereas some other teachers just explain XX and don't give a damn whether you've learnt something new or not. I would've liked my therapists and psych to do the same.
Hopefully you can find a psych who really wants to help people and isn't just in it for the money. I was a volunteer mentor because I really wanted to help people but obviously I still needed a job on the side to make an income.

• Love