blackbird02

blackbird02

Aug 25, 2018
My grandparents leave for vacation on the 12th and I plan to ctb a day before they return. I've been thinking about this since middle school but was always too scared because I didn't wanna feel any pain but recently read about CO poisoning and it seems like the most peaceful and easily done for me. I plan on parking my car in the garage, shutting the door, and going to sleep on the floor but I'm worried about my pets since the garage is attached to my house and they'll be inside. Could they possibly be harmed?

Reactions: RoloTomasi, Dead_Inside, shadow11 and 2 others
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
Can you block off the door to the house? Maybe plastic and tape ... ?

Reactions: blackbird02 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
MissZombie

MissZombie

Aug 23, 2018
I also think that it is the least painful method. I think it would be best if you were inside the car with the windows down, you can use a hose from the exhaust pipe inside the car. You could leave your dogs to someone, or even take them to one of the places where they take care of your pets, with the contact information of your grandparents. Another option would be to leave them in a closed room, with a window for ventilation.
Good luck

Reactions: Ssname, Nzbeelover, blackbird02 and 2 others
blackbird02

blackbird02

Aug 25, 2018
I also think that it is the least painful method. I think it would be best if you were inside the car with the windows down, you can use a hose from the exhaust pipe inside the car. You could leave your dogs to someone, or even take them to one of the places where they take care of your pets, with the contact information of your grandparents. Another option would be to leave them in a closed room, with a window for ventilation.
Good luck
Good ideas. Thank you

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
New cars will most likely not kill you by CO.
Only older cars that pollute more are more likely.
But assuming you probably knew this already.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, IWishYouAllGoodLuck and 1 other person
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Any car that was built after 1990 is not going to work due to the introduction of the catalytic converter, which was made mandatory in 1990.

Reactions: GoneGirlXIV, Ssname, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 2 others
I

IWishYouAllGoodLuck

Student
Aug 17, 2018
Reactions: Ssname, ThisIsTheEnd and lv-gras
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
New cars can work if run in a garage. As the car produces dirty fumes that cannot escape, the air filter is forced to suck in this dirty air which produces more CO. This cycle continues. Deaths are still happening this way.
A new car outside in clean air will not work with the old hosepipe through window method.
Better to put some smouldering charcoal in the car whilst in the garage though.

Uk cars from 1991 on have catalytic converters. USA cars from 1976 onwards.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mans-tragic-mistake_us_573e17e7e4b045cc9a705adc?guccounter=1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-parking-running-car-garage-hanky-panky.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-dead-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-sex-car.html

Last edited:
Reactions: lv-gras