L

lofistos345

Experienced
Oct 6, 2019
I'm VERY thankful in finding this place. A judgement free zone. Finding the correct way to CTB has erased my anxiety. I have all my medications and SN at my disposal. This gives me piece of mind. I can finally sleep well.

My thoughts regarding death are very simple. We all die. Many people have died. Some people die peacefully other die horrible. Choosing my own time gives me a peace of mind of knowing if I have to CTB I can do it at any moment.

It's funny how people who abuse drugs, are alcoholics, get morbid obese are not considered suicidal. Like if committing suicide is a single act. Some people just don't have the courage to admit they want the suicide pill.

The meaning of life is that you were given a set of cards to play, some people got lucky with the cards in hand and made it well, others waste it, some made miracles with their cards. It's how life goes. Part luck, part how you play it and part if you are the lucky winner.

At my age, I'm 40, there is no way I can play the cards to my advantage. I'm done. No way out. No way I can make suck luck. Nothing can change the cards that were given to me. Nothing can be done to fix my card play.

Dying at such a young age protects me from the horrors of getting old and not having money for proper medical care.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Lightyear, MidLifeCrisis and 11 others
Jack4230

Jack4230

Lame
Sep 8, 2019
Some people just get lucky in life like you said, and unfortunately we are not among those people. I'd much rather go out on my own terms than continue unnecessary suffering. Suicide seems like a much better option than working forever and getting old seems much scarier than CTB.

Reactions: Lightyear, Exitforme, lofistos345 and 2 others
D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
Nothing wrong with dying on your own terms. We all die eventually so what's wrong with having control over it and how to die? Some die peacefully and some die horribly. At least we look for a peaceful way to go. Death should be a choice when people are mature enough to understand it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Numbtopain97, Exitforme, lofistos345 and 1 other person
L

lofistos345

Experienced
Oct 6, 2019
I agree. Dying is one of those options that should be available to all. Nembutal pills should be given to anyone older than 70 as a human right.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I find it odd that the mental professionals will see suicidality as a delusion. All people are delusional in that they spend their whole lives avoiding thinking about death. Considering an elective death is in some cases very rational.

Reactions: MidLifeCrisis and Exitforme
E

Exitforme

Deceased
Oct 3, 2019
The only certainty in life is death. It is absolutely absurd to me that most humans chose to actively avoid this certainty and frown upon anyone who seeks to discuss this topic.

I do not even think it is rational to grieve at a funeral. The deceased was bound to die at some point, sooner or later, much like I or anyone else I have and will come to know. Perhaps people greave the lost relationship and bond with the deceased, I can accept this. But to display sadness over the occurrence of death as an event is illogical as all men die, it is the only certainty of life. To avoid this fact is to live in denial and experience perpetual shock at the inevitable demise of all you love.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
It's funny how people who abuse drugs, are alcoholics, get morbid obese are not considered suicidal. Like if committing suicide is a single act. Some people just don't have the courage to admit they want the suicide pill.

I think people like me who misuse drugs and alcohol are well aware we are killing ourselves. Either slowly or by living high risk lifestyles. Truth is, we don't really care if we die. And when we do, you're right, it's not considered suicide but 'misadventure'. Which sounds pretty fun, but I can confirm it isn't.
The meaning of life is that you were given a set of cards to play, some people got lucky with the cards in hand and made it well, others waste it, some made miracles with their cards. It's how life goes. Part luck, part how you play it and part if you are the lucky winner.
I've often thought of life this way too. Looking across the desk at my doctor I often curse my cards. I tried to play them but it's pointless. I'm intelligent and educated, I could have been a doctor myself. People say I've wasted my potential, but little do they know that I'm holding a fucking Joker slap bang in the middle of my hand!

Last edited:
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
I'm not afraid of death but I fear the pain that comes before it and watching that pain.