OutOfThisBody

OutOfThisBody

What kind of cruel god would put me in this body?
Aug 5, 2024
During this summer I was staying with my parents. Toward the end of it I was getting really stressed about school coming up and it made me feel mad often.

One day my parents decided to have a campfire in the backyard during the evening. I had spent all day with them and my aunt who visited earlier that day so I was kind of tired of socializing but I went anyway to be nice.

I started to get angry when my dad started talking about what my aunt wants to do when she retires. She has cycled through a few ideas over the years, such as owning horses, or moving to this town or that. He talked about how he didnt understand the choice of town she wanted to move to and kind of made fun of how she always changes her mind.

This made me pissed, I feel like he only has negative things to say about everyone and it made me angry especially because she had just visited and he was talking behind her back. Its common for him to do this with relatives.

The next thing that made me mad seems inconsequential, what happened was my mom farted and he and my sister started making fun of her. I know this is a dumb thing to get mad at but they just kept going on and on making fun of her and it was pissing me off, especially when my dad and sister do gross shit as well and my mom doesnt make fun of them the same way.

So I blurted out 'don't make fun of people'. It's kind of a weird thing to say, but I was angry, yet also scared that I would lose the nerve if I didn't say something there and then.

Everyone acted like I said I wanted to murder them. My dad acted like he was greatly injured and said he was going to go to bed for the night and left in a huff.

This made me even more pissed - these people can't take one ounce of criticism without acting like they've been greatly insulted. I didn't want him to get away with seeming like the victim in this story.

I got so mad that it was like someone else was in control of me, I jumped out of my seat and screamed at him that I was sick of how mean everyone in this family is to other people. Then I went to my room for the night.

The next morning my mom was doing this passive aggressive voice she does, saying she was going to drop me off at my apartment on her way to their old house they were selling. I asked her when she would drive me back and she didn't want to answer. I could have put up a fight but I was tired of those motherfuckers at that point so I agreed to go home.

I realise now that my parents allowed my sister to be rude and disrespectful to me my whole life, often in front of them, with no repurcussions often times or, recently, even any words said about it, and the second I do something bad they send me away from them.

They really don't give a fuck about me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: dazed.daydreamer, ishiguro, Myforevercharlie and 2 others
OutOfThisBody

OutOfThisBody

What kind of cruel god would put me in this body?
Aug 5, 2024
No one ever fucking responds to any of my posts, ive tried reddit helplines here no one cares. Im completely fucking alone huh

-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
No one ever fucking responds to any of my posts, ive tried reddit helplines here no one cares. Im completely fucking alone huh
I would hope you know you're not alone here. I did read every word.

When a thread is posted in the main forum and flaired as a vent, this is kind of a signal as if to say, "just venting, not looking for help." This also reads as a very personal vent stemming from a specific situation, so people may want to say something of support but not know what's appropriate to say.

You're on a forum full of people who understand suffering of all kinds. We may not know what to say in response sometimes, but we are still hearing you all the same, I assure you.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this family strife and all the stress that comes along with it. Your story may be unique, as all of our stories are, but you are not alone here, and you are not alone in your suffering.

Reactions: dazed.daydreamer, PixelPlant, OnlyOneSolution and 1 other person