Ichigo

Ichigo

Jun 15, 2023
It sucks not having a car. I wish so badly that my mom and I had a way to get around because being stuck in this house feels like my life is being put on hold. I feel weird for not having something that so many people have access to. I've never told anyone about it because it's too embarrassing. I don't want my friends online to know that I'm basically unable to go outside. The reason for it is so shameful. My mom and I are both on disability, which means most places won't allow her to purchase a car since they say we won't be able to afford it. At one point, we did have one, but the place took it back from us. Because of that, we have to rely on my aunt to let us borrow her car. It's a really tough situation, not being able to go anywhere you want anytime you want.

There are so many things I wish I could experience. I wanted to join a sewing club and an art club. I wanted to go to the library more often to pick up some books, but I can't because we have no way to access transportation around here. It feels like I'm a prisoner inside my own house, and I never really get to do anything. I can't make new friends outside, and I can't meet new people. I'm really looking forward to the day I graduate so I can finally get a job. Then, I can start working and earning money. Hopefully, I can finally buy a car of my own and go places.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: binturong, Praestat_Mori, Cinnamorolls and 3 others
persef

persef

Jun 16, 2024
I understand what you are saying. It's really bad not having a car. Unfortunately if you want to do anything with your life. Do you need a car. I have several health problems. And I also don't have money to keep a car. As simple as it may seem. I know how bad it is. I hope you have better luck than me, and get a car as soon as possible. s2

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Ichigo
Ichigo

Ichigo

Jun 15, 2023
I understand what you are saying. It's really bad not having a car. Unfortunately if you want to do anything with your life. Do you need a car. I have several health problems. And I also don't have money to keep a car. As simple as it may seem. I know how bad it is. I hope you have better luck than me, and get a car as soon as possible. s2
Thank you ❤️

• Love
Reactions: persef
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
This thread would be more appropriate for the "Offtopic" section since it has absolutely nothing to do with suicide discussion at all.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and UmbraDweller
Ichigo

Ichigo

Jun 15, 2023
This thread would be more appropriate for the "Offtopic" section since it has absolutely nothing to do with suicide discussion at all.
I realize that but at the time i honestly didnt have any idea where else to post this except for here so i posted in the suicide discussion sorry if it bothers. I posted it in the offtopic dicussion though soon after.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I realize that but at the time i honestly didnt have any idea where else to post this except for here so i posted in the suicide discussion sorry if it bothers. I posted it in the offtopic dicussion though soon after.
Wasn't meant as any type of personal attack. Just a statement of fact.

A

Artemisia

Experienced
May 24, 2024
Having a car truly is life changing! The freedom it allows has no price (well, it does, but shouldn't)!
Such a small thing but it'd change your lives for the better. Instead of Healthcare systems pushing for prescribing antidepressants, subsiding something like a car would be so much of a better idea. Don't know what country you're from, but hope something can be done about that and that you get to enjoy the art classes you want.

PS - I only learned recently that most American cities truly aren't designed for people to walk. There are residential areas and commercial areas and you always need a car to go and do anything. From my very European perspective, that sucks!

Reactions: persef and Praestat_Mori
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
If you don't mind an old beater car, I would suggest checking Nextdoor, FB Marketplace, Craigslist etc for individual people selling their cars. They're usually very cheap (a few thousand at most) and the individual selling it will not ask or care where you get your income from/if you have a job. They will just expect to be paid in full with cash, then will simply sign the car over to you. These cars are not glamorous, they are the ones that are so beat up that car dealerships will not take them as trade-ins, but they can certainly get you from point A to point B if that's all you need.

Reactions: persef and Praestat_Mori