A

archipelago

Student
Jun 27, 2021
It makes me very sad.

He knew me well enough that he wouldn't constantly ask me each time, 'how does that make you feel' or some variation of that bullshit.

I could talk in detail, without judgement, and pretty calmly about it. Over 5 years, there were only a few times where he did the standard check of 'are you going to harm yourself immediately'.

I can't explain how refreshing it was. To have an honest, in-depth conversation about it. Without being looked at like something was wrong with me.

Fuck I miss talking to him so much.

Just wanted a place to share this, since no other person irl would get it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Toonloon, hʚll, lobster salad and 1 other person
J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
Sorry to hear you lost that. I have a therapist right now that's comfortable with me talking about it, she's pretty cool. It's not her fault she can't really help me because nothing/nobody can, but she tries and she listens. That's all I can really ask.

But I get it. I'm down to talk about it if you need to.

A

archipelago

Student
Jun 27, 2021
Thanks Joe. My new therapist is nice but it just isn't the same, so I stopped appointments for now. Also because it would be easier to hide wanting to ctb soon

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is understandable, how you feel. Having somebody to talk to like that who understands can be really beneficial to us. It can be a struggle for many people finding the right therapist.