Mar 24, 2021
It's heartbreaking to read that, I'm so sorry for your loss

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex, not-2-b-the-answer and BluesRunTheGame
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
It had been coming, and I'd got to re-reading Camus' The Outsider. The opening paragraph: 'My mother died today. Or maybe yesterday, I don't know. I received a telegram from the old people's home: "Mother deceased. Funeral tomorrow. Very sincerely yours." That doesn't mean anything. It might have been yesterday.' (3)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, Eternally Dottie, hungry_ghost and 2 others
P

popcorn1234

Aug 7, 2022
Sorry for your loss, if you need to talk to anyone, I am here

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Endex, not-2-b-the-answer, Jrmull1993 and 1 other person
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
And perhaps the best line: 'Then he said he'd heard that Mama had died but it was something that was bound to happen one day. That was how I felt too.' (30)

• Hugs
Reactions: Isisnefert, Eternally Dottie, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Jessycat2000

Jessycat2000

Jul 26, 2022
I'm sorry to hear that, also here if you need..

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Endex, not-2-b-the-answer and BluesRunTheGame
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
I mean I quote Camus because the whole notion seems absurd. A year ago she was fine but that's life I guess. Dead at 65, just retired. It makes ya think, don't it? Thanks for all your well wishes x

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Endex, Isisnefert, chronicallybroken and 7 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
My heart goes out to you. I know what you're going through. My mom died last year and I'm still grieving.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Endex, Isisnefert, Eternally Dottie and 2 others
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
My heart goes out to you. I know what you're going through. My mom died last year and I'm still grieving.
How was it with yours? (You def don't have to answer.) My mum's was a pretty short brain disease but brutal and - I was gonna say merciless but maybe there was some mercy in it not dragging out to a year or more - I don't know what to think...

• Hugs
Reactions: Isisnefert, Eternally Dottie and not-2-b-the-answer
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
How was it with yours? (You def don't have to answer.) My mum's was a pretty short brain disease but brutal and - I was gonna say merciless but maybe there was some mercy in it not dragging out to a year or more - I don't know what to think...
That's np. I can answer. My mom was under Hospice care for about 8 months. I lived with her at her house as caregiver. I guess you could say there was some suffering involved. It was her heart, mostly. She had severe blockages in both her legs, which resulted in sores that would not heal. hospice cared for the sores to keep them from getting worse. Some became infected because of the lack of blood flow. I think the pain gradually got worse over time. My mom didn't like pain medicine, and unbeknownst to me, was hiding them on occasion. She took some. It was just the heart getting too weak. A weak heart causes a lot of other things to start happening, too.

Near the end she was getting more uncomfortable. It was easy to see that. She stopped eating. Then she stopped drinking. Hospice wanted me to give her something stronger for her pain that they had brought into the house for near end of life. It's called a "stat pack", and it has several very powerful pain killers in the kit, along with some anti-psychotic medication. I didn't want to do it. I had to crush up the pain killer and mix it with a little water in order to put it into a syringe and administer it that way. That pain medication retards the breathing, and along with a very weak heart, well, you can see where it would go. She had a heart attack overnight in her sleep, and I somehow must have heard something. So, I got up to check on her and it was evident that she was near death. Her breathing wash shallow and her heart was beating at about 170 beats per minute, but it wasn't a good beating. Obviously, she was unconscious. All I could do was hold her hand and tell her how much I loved her. I gott a stop now,

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, LifeHasNoOptIn, Eternally Dottie and 4 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Sorry for your loss. Wishing I knew what else to say. :heart::hug::heart::hug::heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: BluesRunTheGame
Brianiskillingme

Brianiskillingme

Slowly Dying Inside
Jan 18, 2022
Sorry for your loss. My mom died in 2008 and I still miss her.

• Hugs
Reactions: Eternally Dottie, not-2-b-the-answer and BluesRunTheGame
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
That's np. I can answer. My mom was under Hospice care for about 8 months. I lived with her at her house as caregiver. I guess you could say there was some suffering involved. It was her heart, mostly. She had severe blockages in both her legs, which resulted in sores that would not heal. hospice cared for the sores to keep them from getting worse. Some became infected because of the lack of blood flow. I think the pain gradually got worse over time. My mom didn't like pain medicine, and unbeknownst to me, was hiding them on occasion. She took some. It was just the heart getting too weak. A weak heart causes a lot of other things to start happening, too.

Near the end she was getting more uncomfortable. It was easy to see that. She stopped eating. Then she stopped drinking. Hospice wanted me to give her something stronger for her pain that they had brought into the house for near end of life. It's called a "stat pack", and it has several very powerful pain killers in the kit, along with some anti-psychotic medication. I didn't want to do it. I had to crush up the pain killer and mix it with a little water in order to put it into a syringe and administer it that way. That pain medication retards the breathing, and along with a very weak heart, well, you can see where it would go. She had a heart attack overnight in her sleep, and I somehow must have heard something. So, I got up to check on her and it was evident that she was near death. Her breathing wash shallow and her heart was beating at about 170 beats per minute, but it wasn't a good beating. Obviously, she was unconscious. All I could do was hold her hand and tell her how much I loved her. I gott a stop now,
Damn friend, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Eternally Dottie and not-2-b-the-answer
Yakamoz

Yakamoz

passer-by
Jun 26, 2022
I am very sorry. RIP

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and BluesRunTheGame
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
Death really do transfer the pain to those who were left behind, think now that your mother is no longer suffering. I wish you strength to overcome the sadness. RIP mom.

• Hugs
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Thanks all for you heartfelt words. But please go back to helping the OP with their loss. This thread isn't about me nor should it be.

• Hugs
V

virgilwalks

Student
Apr 7, 2022
words cannot relieve the pain but so sorry for your loss

• Hugs
Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Hugs
ge0rge

ge0rge

the satanic mechanic
Jul 29, 2018
i really am very, very sorry. i don t know how well you got along or what kind of person she was, but i know that losing one s mother is a fundamentally shattering loss one way or another.

• Hugs
Eternally Dottie

Eternally Dottie

Dreamer
Dec 17, 2021
I'm so sorry. I'm here x

• Love
  • Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In this life, death and loss are inevitable. It's certainly a very cruel existence, but at least all those gone are now at peace. I wish you relief from suffering.

T

Theanswer

Experienced
Jun 26, 2022
I'm so sorry. Losing my mom was one of the most tragic things I have ever had to endure. When I asked an aunt how am I going to deal with this, she said, you never get over it - you do learn how to deal with it. That, helped "me." It took a long time. I hope you can stop numbing out with drinking or at least a little because while drinking "seems" to numb out the feelings, it made it worse for me. I do get it, though. :heart:

• Hugs
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Also drinking. RIP.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, BluesRunTheGame and Maríasp