B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I'l' try to make a long story short. I found out back in June that I am going to lose my vision. I went to a bunch of doctors over those last few months, and finally got a concrete diagnosis in June. I didn't tell my parents, friends, anyone because I knew as soon as I told them then it would become real. As soon as I got my diagnosis I realized I had to ctb. While I believe that for most, this is not a death sentence, but for me it is. I had everything set to go to my dream college in my dream city, and study my dream major. I'm supposed to leave Tuesday. I wanted to become a diver- do rescue, restoration, or research work, or underwater photography. I'm also and artist and I wanted to pursue that as I well. I wanted to travel the world and see all the beiatuful things it had to offer. I was so excited to start my life, after having 19 long years of suffering, abuse, and torture at the hands of my mother (she really tried hard to destroy me from the minute I was born). I should have told them sooner I know, and not right before I was planning on leaving, but I thought I would have had all the materials to ctb weeks ago. I also wanted to make one last painting, and finish my poetry collection before doing it.

This morning my mom came storming into my room asking why I hadn't packed anything and why I hadn't told her my flight number, etc. I broke down and told her that I was losing my vision. That I couldn't go to school because my major/ career plan was now out of the question, and in less than a year I wouldn't be able to take care of myself (I was always hyper independent as a child because my mom was so mentally unstable and I had no other family in my life to take care of me). I thought she would have some compassion or something. Instead she freaked out. She was extremely angry and started screaming at me. The first thing she could think of was how much her life (and my dad's) was going to change and how selfish it was of me to "drop this bomb" on them. She screamed at me for 20 minutes and said some horrible, vile things (wish she does pretty much on a regular basis but I hoesnlty wasn't expecting this reaction from her when I told her this news, I really thought she would be more understanding). She then proceeded to say that I was lying just to torture her and because I didn't want to go to college (my dream since I was old enough to know what college was) because I was a loser. I really love my mom, even after all the terrible things she's done to me. But I hoesnlty did not expect her to react this way. I'm really disappointed but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. She's even threatening to kick me out, which I might just end up leaving anyways because I don't need this sort of stress in my final days.

This morning really opened my eyes up to what sort of person my mother is. We had been getting along pretty good for the last few weeks (as good as it can get with her) and I was happy about that. I really wanted to leave with us on good terms, but I guess now that won't be possible. I am still waiting to get the last of my supplies (inert gas method) and then I will happily jump on that bus and out of this misery that is my life. I'm sorry if this sounded self-piyitng, I really hate to do that because it's not fair to all the other people out there who suffer much more than I do. I honestly just can't wait to go, the only things keeping me here is finishing my art/ poetry. I am going to try and work on that as much as I can today tonight and the next few days until I finish. Then I can finally be free. Sorry again for this long rant, I don't usually do this but I needed to get it out there. Thanks for reading and I wish you all the best, bb

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Merlay, pole, Pluto and 23 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I hope you eventually find freedom from your suffering, it sounds so horrible what you've been through and I find it beyond cruel how people have to suffer like that.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Brokensaddle, Rational man and bluebus
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
That's shocking! Well I hope you succeed soon and leave all that behind!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Draxolotl, Brokensaddle, Rational man and 1 other person
John Ryder

John Ryder

"You're a smart kid...you'll figure it out."
Jul 7, 2023
I know how devastating that must me, Bluebus. Really hits home. Not vision in my case, but same dynamic. I hope you're able to find your peace.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Brokensaddle, Rational man and bluebus
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
You don't sound self-pitying, my heart is breaking for what you are dealing with. I recognize a few things you are talking about. First, my vision has been going downhill over the past few years and it is scary. Second, I see some of the dynamics I have with my mom in how you describe yours (tho I am quite a bit older)- the childish rage of storming around yelling, making you responsible for her reaction to your serious news with no regard for the gravity of what you are going thru. It sounds really horrible and you deserve a family who is kind and able to be supportive with what you are going thru.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Merlay, Rational man and bluebus
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
I'l' try to make a long story short. I found out back in June that I am going to lose my vision. I went to a bunch of doctors over those last few months, and finally got a concrete diagnosis in June. I didn't tell my parents, friends, anyone because I knew as soon as I told them then it would become real. As soon as I got my diagnosis I realized I had to ctb. While I believe that for most, this is not a death sentence, but for me it is. I had everything set to go to my dream college in my dream city, and study my dream major. I'm supposed to leave Tuesday. I wanted to become a diver- do rescue, restoration, or research work, or underwater photography. I'm also and artist and I wanted to pursue that as I well. I wanted to travel the world and see all the beiatuful things it had to offer. I was so excited to start my life, after having 19 long years of suffering, abuse, and torture at the hands of my mother (she really tried hard to destroy me from the minute I was born). I should have told them sooner I know, and not right before I was planning on leaving, but I thought I would have had all the materials to ctb weeks ago. I also wanted to make one last painting, and finish my poetry collection before doing it.

This morning my mom came storming into my room asking why I hadn't packed anything and why I hadn't told her my flight number, etc. I broke down and told her that I was losing my vision. That I couldn't go to school because my major/ career plan was now out of the question, and in less than a year I wouldn't be able to take care of myself (I was always hyper independent as a child because my mom was so mentally unstable and I had no other family in my life to take care of me). I thought she would have some compassion or something. Instead she freaked out. She was extremely angry and started screaming at me. The first thing she could think of was how much her life (and my dad's) was going to change and how selfish it was of me to "drop this bomb" on them. She screamed at me for 20 minutes and said some horrible, vile things (wish she does pretty much on a regular basis but I hoesnlty wasn't expecting this reaction from her when I told her this news, I really thought she would be more understanding). She then proceeded to say that I was lying just to torture her and because I didn't want to go to college (my dream since I was old enough to know what college was) because I was a loser. I really love my mom, even after all the terrible things she's done to me. But I hoesnlty did not expect her to react this way. I'm really disappointed but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. She's even threatening to kick me out, which I might just end up leaving anyways because I don't need this sort of stress in my final days.

This morning really opened my eyes up to what sort of person my mother is. We had been getting along pretty good for the last few weeks (as good as it can get with her) and I was happy about that. I really wanted to leave with us on good terms, but I guess now that won't be possible. I am still waiting to get the last of my supplies (inert gas method) and then I will happily jump on that bus and out of this misery that is my life. I'm sorry if this sounded self-piyitng, I really hate to do that because it's not fair to all the other people out there who suffer much more than I do. I honestly just can't wait to go, the only things keeping me here is finishing my art/ poetry. I am going to try and work on that as much as I can today tonight and the next few days until I finish. Then I can finally be free. Sorry again for this long rant, I don't usually do this but I needed to get it out there. Thanks for reading and I wish you all the best, bb
That sounds extremely rough and life changing, hopefully your mom will realize her reaction is incredibly selfish. Incredibly selfish.

Being an aspiring artist myself who is going back to college to pursue it, I would also feel absolutely horrible. This doesn't sound like self-pitying at all, your current situation is hard and your mother is making it arguably worse.

• Love
Reactions: bluebus and HighFlight
mob

mob

Student
Jul 19, 2023
That is really, really awful. I'm so sorry, for the way your mother reacted and for the fact you're losing your vision. It must've been already hard to tell her and to be met with a reaction like that - I hope you don't believe what she said. This is about you, not them. This isn't about how you made them feel. It's not their vision they're losing. So try to not let any feelings of guilt consume you just because she said all that.

• Love
Reactions: bluebus
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
I hope you eventually find freedom from your suffering, it sounds so horrible what you've been through and I find it beyond cruel how people have to suffer like that.
Thank you for your kind words. I will be free soon I hope

That's shocking! Well I hope you succeed soon and leave all that behind!
Thank you, I definitely hope I'll succeed too. I can't wait for this to be over.
I know how devastating that must me, Bluebus. Really hits home. Not vision in my case, but same dynamic. I hope you're able to find your peace.
I appreciate you reaching out, I am sorry that you can relate. I will find peace soon, thank you
You don't sound self-pitying, my heart is breaking for what you are dealing with. I recognize a few things you are talking about. First, my vision has been going downhill over the past few years and it is scary. Second, I see some of the dynamics I have with my mom in how you describe yours (tho I am quite a bit older)- the childish rage of storming around yelling, making you responsible for her reaction to your serious news with no regard for the gravity of what you are going thru. It sounds really horrible and you deserve a family who is kind and able to be supportive with what you are going thru.
Wow thank you for the support and I am sorry to hear about your vision. I'm sorry that you can relate to my situation with my mom, it is really terrible to have a parent like that. I have yet to speak with my father, although my mom called him up raging and ranting after I told her. I hope he will have more compassion, I really don't want to feel wrath from both of them. Everything will be all right soon. I hope that your situation gets better and that you can find peace. Lots of love, bb
That sounds extremely rough and life changing, hopefully your mom will realize her reaction is incredibly selfish. Incredibly selfish.

Being an aspiring artist myself who is going back to college to pursue it, I would also feel absolutely horrible. This doesn't sound like self-pitying at all, your current situation is hard and your mother is making it arguably worse.
It is definitely rough and life changing for sure. All though my life won't change much. I will be gone soon and that comforts me.
My mom is just like that, she does terrible things but thinks she is doing the "right thing." She will never realize any of this and she thinks that I am the selfish one. It's unfortunate but it's just the way it is. She's like a weight you have to carry around all the time. I won't be around much longer though, and I won't have to put up with her ever again which definitely makes me feel better.

Thank you for your kind words. I feel my situation is tough, but there are definitely others who have it worse. I really love art and I'm grateful that I can make one last piece before I go. I am very happy for you that you get to pursue this dream. Best of luck at college and congrats on your new endeavors! I really hope you can find peace in your life. Love, bb
Reminds me of what I did before my anticipated suicide.
It just makes me feel better knowing that I got my last feelings out into the open before I leave. I hope you are doing better now and that you can keep painting and doing what you love. All the best, bb
That is really, really awful. I'm so sorry, for the way your mother reacted and for the fact you're losing your vision. It must've been already hard to tell her and to be met with a reaction like that - I hope you don't believe what she said. This is about you, not them. This isn't about how you made them feel. It's not their vision they're losing. So try to not let any feelings of guilt consume you just because she said all that.
Thank you so much for your compassion and kindness. Reading this has made me feel better. It was definitely not what I was expecting, but honestly none of this was. I really thought that my life was going to get better and that I would be following my dreams. Sound cheesy but it's true. But life can be cruel like that. I will definitely not try to feel too guilty. I think at the end, the pain will outweigh anything else. I just want to be free. I appreciate you taking the time to write this, and thank you again. I hope that you can find peace as well, however that may be. Best wishes and love, bb

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, CW36, Made4TV and 1 other person
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
I can relate to this in many ways so I feel the pain you speak of. My family were abusive narcists and I carry the scars to this day. Life did improve when I skipped the family abusive, and I finally found some freedom, some love and focus. My Mother accused me of fraud, that I pretended to be ill when in fact I am now without cure. In the space of a Year, she finally dropped dead with lymphoma and needless to say, I didnt shed a tear. There was no public funeral and I found out that my Brother had plotted behind the scenes to change her will, so he would inherit everything.

The take home message is clear : You put You first. You too realise at a young age what is happening.

It does help to make a long term aim or plan of escape if possible from the family, because it may give you a potential route to live life on your terms despite the challenges that you face. Good luck.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Merlay, Sweet Tart, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
I am at a loss for words, and am so sorry that she reacted the way she did. This is a time of caring and compassion, not selfish anger. I hope your conversation with your dad goes better.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope that you can finally find the peace you deserve. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart and bluebus
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
I am at a loss for words, and am so sorry that she reacted the way she did. This is a time of caring and compassion, not selfish anger. I hope your conversation with your dad goes better.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope that you can finally find the peace you deserve. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.
Thank you so much. I have found so much compassion and love here, and for that I am grateful.
I am going to call him in a few minutes. I'm absolutely terrified. My mom doubled and tripled down after her first melt down this morning. I don't think I can handle another session of that. My dad is more calm and rational so we'll see how it goes. Thank you again for everything.
I can relate to this in many ways so I feel the pain you speak of. My family were abusive narcists and I carry the scars to this day. Life did improve when I skipped the family abusive, and I finally found some freedom, some love and focus. My Mother accused me of fraud, that I pretended to be ill when in fact I am now without cure. In the space of a Year, she finally dropped dead with lymphoma and needless to say, I didnt shed a tear. There was no public funeral and I found out that my Brother had plotted behind the scenes to change her will, so he would inherit everything.

The take home message is clear : You put You first. You too realise at a young age what is happening.

It does help to make a long term aim or plan of escape if possible from the family, because it may give you a potential route to live life on your terms despite the challenges that you face. Good luck.
Thank you. I am glad that your life got better and that you were able to find some happiness. You deserve it after what you've been through. Your words ring true and clear. I wish I had put myself first in my life more. Now it doesn't matter because I will be gone, but that's okay. Thank you again and best of luck to you as well

E

EndOfTheLine84

Aug 8, 2023

Hi, first of all, I hope you reconsider your plans to CTB, as you sound like this is a condition where you could find out how you can cope with the loss of sight, and it would not preclude you from later choosing to CTB anytime, since you will still have the other senses there which means you could still easily CTB (especially with how you spell mum as "mom" means you are likely in the USA with the benefit of the 2nd amendment and all), and any number of other ways to CTB also, especially with the development of your other senses that apparantly happens when one loses their sight from what I understand.
You could therefore at least give it a go, and still reserve your right to CTB at a later time if you choose.

Of note is that as a basketball fan, I know that Gordon Gund who was owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers, lost his sight to retinitis pigmentosa (I had to google to find the exact condition just now but I knew he was blind), and I imagine it's difficult to adjust to this, but you have nothing to lose by giving it a try and readjusting your expectations and goals accordingly, since it is not your fault that you are losing your sight after all.

Onto what I think your mum has as a condition, as well as how this may have affected you as the child of someone with this condition and suicide risk due to high expectations and conditional love shown to you, causing pressure to perform to feel loved by your mother, even if you did not develop this condition yourself.... the condition is... NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder)...

With what I noticed about your mum
, is that as I got halfway down your message, and as soon as I read that your mum was confronting you and asking you why you hadn't told her your flight number, why you hadn't packed anything, then her getting extremely angry and screaming at you after you gave her valid reason where you are the victim (as you are the genuine victim here) she screams at you (Narcissistic rage).. this is classic NPD which my mother has, and which I suffered through, which in turn I developed and only recently found out after some deep dive down the rabbit hole of my past mistakes.

My mum said that I was disrespecting her when I told her I am suicidal at age 11 back in 1996... seriously, i'm not joking, I can see that is messed up now, but back then I didn't. It's child abuse.

She likely does not know that she is being abusive is she has NPD, but this does not make it ok, try googling the symptoms for NPD and children of NPD parents and see if it strikes a chord with you.

The sad irony is that NPD makes people close to them victims, as well as ultimately themselves, it's based in a deep insecurity usually due to childhood abuse/neglect.
Those with NPD also psychologically project massively (I feel so embarrassed for noticing in the past when I did this in retrospect and can see how my mum does it so often it's ridiculous, calling me manipulative, gaslighting etc when I called her out as NPD and said I had it too and realised it.)
Guilt tripping, push/pull, splitting, gaslighting, psychological projection, the works, it's a hall of mirrors, that even the person with NPD can't see it, and most never realise they have it, and as it's a defence mechanism maladaptive to the extreme and self-sabotaging at it's core, most with NPD never realise they have it even when seeing a therapist!

I am certain your mum has NPD if she has those rages whenever you are not agreeing with her that she is right or you even slightly question her, or she perceives disrespect from you even for something small and insignificant.
It may be another personality disorder, but pretty sure it's NPD.

When I realised I had it and my mum has it.... I can't even describe the feeling, it's like the whole fake facade of a narrative of every interaction in my past where it was everyone else's fault, all suddenly was stripped back and I could see that it was all my fault... it's one messed up disorder, for the victims, especially the children of NPD parents, and also those who suffer with it when they pull their own curtain back if they ever stumble on the cord to draw back the false narrative of their entire life.

Just research it, and if you think your mum has it, just call her out on it and ask her to google it... when I did that to my mum, there was silence lol, then she blocked me on social media lol, can read her like a book, classic NPD behavior due to her not knowing how to handle that I am right and hit the nail on the head, thus threatening her entire life's narrative.

Lack of ability to feel empathy (empathy can be recognised cognitively, much like a thought process of "putting myself in their shoes" which I can do now, but not affectively, so not felt emotionally as we never learned this in childhood as never were shown it ourselves), and only cognitively if the effort is made to do so, and they are aware they have NPD, which is very hard for most of those with NPD to get to that point in the first place due to the high defenses which are a hallmark of the condition.

Do not accept the abuse though, realise it is master manipulation, even though the rages are due to a deep seated fear from neglect/abuse in childhood, you can not accept being disrespected, even if it's your own mother, I wished I learned that sooner to question my own mother's abuse of me, my life may have turned out better, and I wouldn't have unknowingly psychologically and emotionally abused those who loved me.

I hope that you do reconsider your desire to CTB, though, even if you have sight problems, and I think that maybe the abuse you have suffered by your mother has caused you to feel life is not worth living if you can not live up to high expectations, as it may deep down make you feel that you will not be loved, which means you have been abused, as was I, just that I went on to develop NPD myself and you may or may not have, but I don't think you have done so going from your post, not all children of NPD parents do, it's down to many factors.

Feel free to ask me more about this if you want, I am happy to help with any info links or even just moral support as you seem like a good person, and you do not deserve to suffer from abuse, especially from your own mother.

Btw, before you use the inert gas to CTB, if you would like to chat, I am happy to, if I can help you realise that your mother's abuse has potentially compromised how you judge yourself, trust me that this could be the realisation that changes your life.

I have caused enough unintentional harm with my own NPD in my life until I realised I had it, the least I can do is at least use my knowledge of my own (past) and my mothers (still current in denial) abusive NPD to possibly show you that your decision to CTB right now may be all part of your mother's abuse playing a role in affecting your own desire to be loved going back to when you were a child, and that being love that was only given by your mum conditionally and not unconditionally as a parent should to their child.
I am here to chat if you want to.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: hopeisdead, bluebus and nadia225
nadia225

nadia225

journey to reach the light
Aug 18, 2023
Wow I am very sorry these seemingly unfortunate situation is happening to you honestly. As an independent person as yourself which was seemly forced upon you because it seems your maternal toxic family never could support and guide you to begin with and teaching you how healthy handle failure or not to rely on the uncertainty of things having to teach that to yourself by them being the embodiment of such values and installing it into to you, nonetheless finding out that you would have to "rely" on them which is the exact thing that you were proven you couldn't do because they weren't capable of support to your growth can seem like then end of all things especially when you felt like you could finally escape from it. I feel your pain greatly and I wish and hope you find somebody soon that understands it and can guide you through this path truly because you proven capable from the moment you were born and put into that circumstance with your parents and you are very strong. I know you can find a way out of this situation and still achieve the things that you want to bring you enjoyment in this life you may just have to push those plans back a tad bit but nonetheless still achievable. I really hope you give it one last go around before you decide on cbt cause I can assure you your life is not over just yet you seem talented and have plenty of potential that can still thrive where you can help others in some way. Disregard your horrid mother and please don't let her influence the already time- sensitive manner of your death because even if you don't truly identify with what she said when this event occurred I'm sure you looked at it as confirmation that an this final escape the right choice. Not deterring you away from your choice because overall you know yourself better than anybody stranger on the internet does and you know what is right for you. But this seems like another escape plan that you were programmed to do when things were not perfect because your upbringing didn't allow anything not to perfect you couldn't afford it mentally and for survival. Just think it this over a little more and solutions instead of escapism because you seem like you have a strong will to live and achieve things in life. Wishing you the best of luck and I hope things get better and you find piece with whatever route you may choose.

• Love
Reactions: bluebus, Brokensaddle and EndOfTheLine84
E

EndOfTheLine84

Aug 8, 2023
Wow I am very sorry these seemingly unfortunate situation is happening to you honestly. As an independent person as yourself which was seemly forced upon you because it seems your maternal toxic family never could support and guide you to begin with and teaching you how healthy handle failure or not to rely on the uncertainty of things having to teach that to yourself by them being the embodiment of such values and installing it into to you, nonetheless finding out that you would have to "rely" on them which is the exact thing that you were proven you couldn't do because they weren't capable of support to your growth can seem like then end of all things especially when you felt like you could finally escape from it. I feel your pain greatly and I wish and hope you find somebody soon that understands it and can guide you through this path truly because you proven capable from the moment you were born and put into that circumstance with your parents and you are very strong. I know you can find a way out of this situation and still achieve the things that you want to bring you enjoyment in this life you may just have to push those plans back a tad bit but nonetheless still achievable. I really hope you give it one last go around before you decide on cbt cause I can assure you your life is not over just yet you seem talented and have plenty of potential that can still thrive where you can help others in some way. Disregard your horrid mother and please don't let her influence the already time- sensitive manner of your death because even if you don't truly identify with what she said when this event occurred I'm sure you looked at it as confirmation that an this final escape the right choice. Not deterring you away from your choice because overall you know yourself better than anybody stranger on the internet does and you know what is right for you. But this seems like another escape plan that you were programmed to do when things were not perfect because your upbringing didn't allow anything not to perfect you couldn't afford it mentally and for survival. Just think it this over a little more and solutions instead of escapism because you seem like you have a strong will to live and achieve things in life. Wishing you the best of luck and I hope things get better and you find piece with whatever route you may choose.
This is well written and I agree.

Also, even though my sister isn't losing her sight, any small struggle she has and my mum withdraws affection/love from her (and she is successful career wise but her mind is a shambles, and she is a workaholic who never feels that she is good enough, even though she clearly is very talented and I tell her so, but she is always negative on herself, which is perfectionism instilled by our mother I realise now).

Narsissists as a parent tend to assign their different children (if more than one) different roles also and can play them off against one another, I was what fits the profile of the "Scapegoat" and my sister is the "Golden Child", but that doesn't mean she gets off lightly, she has been suicidal also and I had to phone her to tell her that about our mum and what I found out, as well as about me having had NPD also, and wishing I realised earlier enough to save my marriage back in 2011.
(when you have NPD, and then realise it and see that you have it, you basically change that to "had" it instantly as the walls come crashing down of the fake facade.... the problem is that this initial step is so steep and difficult, the most difficult of all the personality disorders to overcome, apart from perhaps I believe it is known as APD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, which what they call in medical terms basically Psychopaths and Sociopaths and they are really dangerous and I think they can not be cured).

So you could be the "Golden Child" (I believe this is the default if there is an only child, but I can check that, it's all a google search away this stuff, it's a messed up condition).

As the "Scapegoat" I as a boy back then when I was little was told nasty things about my father that she would rant... then she would do what is a set play of hers for the next thing I said, and she would interrupt and start to say my father's name, then pretend she did this by accident and then say my name, and say that we are exactly the same..... which I now see was a very covert form of connecting all the abusive nasty lies she told me about my father, who was/is my male role model, and then also connected me with those nasty things since she said we are the exact same!
The words that came out of my mouth when this realisation hit me when recalling my past...... so nasty to her own son, and nasty in another way to her daughter, where she was also abused but in a different way, and she tried to make us dislike eachother... but I love my sister it was not my sister's fault, and my mother will not let me think badly of my little sister, even if I did get treated differently, we both got abused by her by being born to her.

Not sure if you have siblings bluebus, but this is something to consider also when thinking about your own family dynamic/situation.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bluebus, Brokensaddle and nadia225
Brokensaddle

Brokensaddle

Student
Sep 28, 2020
Really sad to read about your experience. I just wanna say I see your pain and struggle. I too have and continue to face abuse and neglect from my family members due to my disabilities. Your story is very similar to my own experience of life. You deserve so much better. I hope you receive the joy and peace that both you and everyone on site deserve. I hate how our disabilities are preyed upon especially by the people that meant to keep us happy and safe. I'm here if you ever need someone to listen to you.

• Love
Reactions: Merlay and bluebus
E

EndOfTheLine84

Aug 8, 2023
Really sad to read about your experience. I just wanna say I see your pain and struggle. I too have and continue to face abuse and neglect from my family members due to my disabilities. Your story is very similar to my own experience of life. You deserve so much better. I hope you receive the joy and peace that both you and everyone on site deserve. I hate how our disabilities are preyed upon especially by the people that meant to keep us happy and safe. I'm here if you ever need someone to listen to you.
It's because her mother clearly never loved her, if she is NPD as I suspect, they can never truly love due to the disorder, it's based in a deep seated fear of abandonment, but it's still cruel, and the worst effects are felt on the children of those with NPD since they can't run away, and are young and impressionable, and the mother/father/primary caregiver is what a baby looks for as it's first way to find connection and trust in the world. It is truly cruel when you read about it all, I would bet that bluebus and myself both suffered abuse from NPD mothers, trying to destroy us since we were born. My hurt has now turned to hatred for my mother, the most incredible hatred ever, and I don't need to use my cognitive empathy if I don't want to, and she sure doesn't deserve any, as she showed me none from the day I was born...

Do not accept the abuse and manipulation bluebus, do not let your mum win if there is a chance you can have a shot at a life, even if it is different than you what envisaged originally (or perhaps it was your mother pushing the idea on you as she would see you as only an extension of her and not an individual is she is NPD as I suspect, basically she sees you as her property for her own needs to be met, and your needs do not matter).

Also google the suicides regarding seemingly successful women and men who were raised by NPD parents and how those parents acted at the funeral, simply disgusting, totally disrespecting their child and only treating them like an object they own that they made successful (even though the child died and they are at the funeral).

I honestly feel disgusted at myself that is how I showed "love" to my ex-girlfriends and ex-wife, but then that was how my mother showed me what love was... I don't believe in hell, but I sure hope that cannibal who gave birth to me burns in it.

Last edited:
  • Love
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
@bluebus - how'd your talk with your dad go? I'm hoping he was more compassionate about the whole situation.

B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
Hi, first of all, I hope you reconsider your plans to CTB, as you sound like this is a condition where you could find out how you can cope with the loss of sight, and it would not preclude you from later choosing to CTB anytime, since you will still have the other senses there which means you could still easily CTB (especially with how you spell mum as "mom" means you are likely in the USA with the benefit of the 2nd amendment and all), and any number of other ways to CTB also, especially with the development of your other senses that apparantly happens when one loses their sight from what I understand.
You could therefore at least give it a go, and still reserve your right to CTB at a later time if you choose.

Of note is that as a basketball fan, I know that Gordon Gund who was owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers, lost his sight to retinitis pigmentosa (I had to google to find the exact condition just now but I knew he was blind), and I imagine it's difficult to adjust to this, but you have nothing to lose by giving it a try and readjusting your expectations and goals accordingly, since it is not your fault that you are losing your sight after all.

Onto what I think your mum has as a condition, as well as how this may have affected you as the child of someone with this condition and suicide risk due to high expectations and conditional love shown to you, causing pressure to perform to feel loved by your mother, even if you did not develop this condition yourself.... the condition is... NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder)...

With what I noticed about your mum
, is that as I got halfway down your message, and as soon as I read that your mum was confronting you and asking you why you hadn't told her your flight number, why you hadn't packed anything, then her getting extremely angry and screaming at you after you gave her valid reason where you are the victim (as you are the genuine victim here) she screams at you (Narcissistic rage).. this is classic NPD which my mother has, and which I suffered through, which in turn I developed and only recently found out after some deep dive down the rabbit hole of my past mistakes.

My mum said that I was disrespecting her when I told her I am suicidal at age 11 back in 1996... seriously, i'm not joking, I can see that is messed up now, but back then I didn't. It's child abuse.

She likely does not know that she is being abusive is she has NPD, but this does not make it ok, try googling the symptoms for NPD and children of NPD parents and see if it strikes a chord with you.

The sad irony is that NPD makes people close to them victims, as well as ultimately themselves, it's based in a deep insecurity usually due to childhood abuse/neglect.
Those with NPD also psychologically project massively (I feel so embarrassed for noticing in the past when I did this in retrospect and can see how my mum does it so often it's ridiculous, calling me manipulative, gaslighting etc when I called her out as NPD and said I had it too and realised it.)
Guilt tripping, push/pull, splitting, gaslighting, psychological projection, the works, it's a hall of mirrors, that even the person with NPD can't see it, and most never realise they have it, and as it's a defence mechanism maladaptive to the extreme and self-sabotaging at it's core, most with NPD never realise they have it even when seeing a therapist!

I am certain your mum has NPD if she has those rages whenever you are not agreeing with her that she is right or you even slightly question her, or she perceives disrespect from you even for something small and insignificant.
It may be another personality disorder, but pretty sure it's NPD.

When I realised I had it and my mum has it.... I can't even describe the feeling, it's like the whole fake facade of a narrative of every interaction in my past where it was everyone else's fault, all suddenly was stripped back and I could see that it was all my fault... it's one messed up disorder, for the victims, especially the children of NPD parents, and also those who suffer with it when they pull their own curtain back if they ever stumble on the cord to draw back the false narrative of their entire life.

Just research it, and if you think your mum has it, just call her out on it and ask her to google it... when I did that to my mum, there was silence lol, then she blocked me on social media lol, can read her like a book, classic NPD behavior due to her not knowing how to handle that I am right and hit the nail on the head, thus threatening her entire life's narrative.

Lack of ability to feel empathy (empathy can be recognised cognitively, much like a thought process of "putting myself in their shoes" which I can do now, but not affectively, so not felt emotionally as we never learned this in childhood as never were shown it ourselves), and only cognitively if the effort is made to do so, and they are aware they have NPD, which is very hard for most of those with NPD to get to that point in the first place due to the high defenses which are a hallmark of the condition.

Do not accept the abuse though, realise it is master manipulation, even though the rages are due to a deep seated fear from neglect/abuse in childhood, you can not accept being disrespected, even if it's your own mother, I wished I learned that sooner to question my own mother's abuse of me, my life may have turned out better, and I wouldn't have unknowingly psychologically and emotionally abused those who loved me.

I hope that you do reconsider your desire to CTB, though, even if you have sight problems, and I think that maybe the abuse you have suffered by your mother has caused you to feel life is not worth living if you can not live up to high expectations, as it may deep down make you feel that you will not be loved, which means you have been abused, as was I, just that I went on to develop NPD myself and you may or may not have, but I don't think you have done so going from your post, not all children of NPD parents do, it's down to many factors.

Feel free to ask me more about this if you want, I am happy to help with any info links or even just moral support as you seem like a good person, and you do not deserve to suffer from abuse, especially from your own mother.

Btw, before you use the inert gas to CTB, if you would like to chat, I am happy to, if I can help you realise that your mother's abuse has potentially compromised how you judge yourself, trust me that this could be the realisation that changes your life.

I have caused enough unintentional harm with my own NPD in my life until I realised I had it, the least I can do is at least use my knowledge of my own (past) and my mothers (still current in denial) abusive NPD to possibly show you that your decision to CTB right now may be all part of your mother's abuse playing a role in affecting your own desire to be loved going back to when you were a child, and that being love that was only given by your mum conditionally and not unconditionally as a parent should to their child.
I am here to chat if you want to.
Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I honestly wrote that as a vent to help get some of the pain out of my system. I didn't expect anyone to really care. I appreciate your kind words and support. I have to be honest, my decision is final. I have no interest in living a life like this- without independence and the ability to do the things I love. I am an athlete. I am an artist. I love to surf and run and hike and travel and be outdoors. I love adventure. I will have no freedom left, and I just can't bear to live like that. I understand what you are saying though. There are many people out there that are able to live fulfilling, happy lives, even after becoming blind, deaf, paralyzed, etc. I admire those people and their strength. But I am just not one of them. Nor do I want to be. I am comfortable with my decision and I have accepted it. No need to worry about that.
I'm also amazed at how you were able to nail my mom down to a T just by this one small exchange. My mother is a narcissist, on top of having a lot of other mental/ emotional issues. She had an absolutely horrendous childhood, but I believe she is also just hardwired that way. I think a combination of her genetic/ mental makeup and her abuse as a child is what made her who she is. It's sad because she has a lot of good qualities. But she is a deeply disturbed person. Everything you mentioned describes her perfectly.
I am sorry that you had to grow up with a narcissistic mother as well. It's such an awful thing and no one should have to suffer through that. You should be proud for being able to realize your npd tendencies. I don't think many people with this disorder have any self awareness or realization. It'a amazing that you were able to break the cycle so to speak.
I really appreciate all the advice and compassion, you don't know how much better you've made me feel. It's really nice having someone that understands what you're going through. Thank you again!
Thank you for responding. Your words are extremely kind and sincere. You summed up exactly how I am feeling and it's actually crazy how spot on you are. I wish that I had more motivation to keep going and making the best of things, but I am honestly tired. I am really tired and I don't want to keep going. You're absolutely right in that this isn't necessarily "the end". I can still bring more to life and to the world. I'm just not interested anymore. I really want things to be done. My mom is who she is and I am tired of her. I love her but she is an exhausting burden. But don't worry, I won't let her get to me. Nothing she says can hurt me anymore.
Thank you again for all the kindness and compassion. I hope that you are able to find the peace that you deserve as well. Love and best wishes always, bb
This is well written and I agree.

Also, even though my sister isn't losing her sight, any small struggle she has and my mum withdraws affection/love from her (and she is successful career wise but her mind is a shambles, and she is a workaholic who never feels that she is good enough, even though she clearly is very talented and I tell her so, but she is always negative on herself, which is perfectionism instilled by our mother I realise now).

Narsissists as a parent tend to assign their different children (if more than one) different roles also and can play them off against one another, I was what fits the profile of the "Scapegoat" and my sister is the "Golden Child", but that doesn't mean she gets off lightly, she has been suicidal also and I had to phone her to tell her that about our mum and what I found out, as well as about me having had NPD also, and wishing I realised earlier enough to save my marriage back in 2011.
(when you have NPD, and then realise it and see that you have it, you basically change that to "had" it instantly as the walls come crashing down of the fake facade.... the problem is that this initial step is so steep and difficult, the most difficult of all the personality disorders to overcome, apart from perhaps I believe it is known as APD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, which what they call in medical terms basically Psychopaths and Sociopaths and they are really dangerous and I think they can not be cured).

So you could be the "Golden Child" (I believe this is the default if there is an only child, but I can check that, it's all a google search away this stuff, it's a messed up condition).

As the "Scapegoat" I as a boy back then when I was little was told nasty things about my father that she would rant... then she would do what is a set play of hers for the next thing I said, and she would interrupt and start to say my father's name, then pretend she did this by accident and then say my name, and say that we are exactly the same..... which I now see was a very covert form of connecting all the abusive nasty lies she told me about my father, who was/is my male role model, and then also connected me with those nasty things since she said we are the exact same!
The words that came out of my mouth when this realisation hit me when recalling my past...... so nasty to her own son, and nasty in another way to her daughter, where she was also abused but in a different way, and she tried to make us dislike eachother... but I love my sister it was not my sister's fault, and my mother will not let me think badly of my little sister, even if I did get treated differently, we both got abused by her by being born to her.

Not sure if you have siblings bluebus, but this is something to consider also when thinking about your own family dynamic/situation.
I am sorry about you and your sister's situation. I am an only child but I can relate to the golden child/ scapegoats roles. I have friend with siblings and there always seems to be one that could do no wrong and one that was blamed for everything. It is very sad to hear. It is amazing that you were able to come to this realization about yourself and your npd. And it's even more amazing that you were able to keep a good relationship with your sister, even with your mom trying hard to turn you against each other. It takes a lot of strength to be able to have that sort of self realization. You are a very resilient person. Thank you again for everything- your compassion, knowledge, and kindness.
Hey thank you. I'm sorry that you can relate. You deserve better as well. Life isn't always fair. I appreciate you reaching out, if you ever need an ear I'm here too :)
Also google the suicides regarding seemingly successful women and men who were raised by NPD parents and how those parents acted at the funeral, simply disgusting, totally disrespecting their child and only treating them like an object they own that they made successful (even though the child died and they are at the funeral).
It's funny you should mention that because I've been thinking about how my mom is going to act after I'm gone. I'm not religious and I don't want a funeral or anything, but I imagine there will be some sort of memorial. I have a feeling that she is going to make my death all about herself, and she is going to take hot as an opportunity to say the most vile horrible things about me. It makes me sad to think about, but I know that whatever she says, the people that know/ love me are not going to being swayed by her words. They'll stick by me.

"Do not accept the abuse and manipulation bluebus, do not let your mum win if there is a chance you can have a shot at a life, even if it is different than you what envisaged originally (or perhaps it was your mother pushing the idea on you as she would see you as only an extension of her and not an individual is she is NPD as I suspect, basically she sees you as her property for her own needs to be met, and your needs do not matter)."
I do feel like I'm letting her win, but at this point I'm okay with that. She always sort of hated me and wanted to ruin things in my life, but I always thought I would "show her" by going on to live a happy, successful life. It's unfortunate but that's life. I won't have to put up with anything anymore and I'm happy with that.
how'd your talk with your dad go? I'm hoping he was more compassionate about the whole situation.
Hey! Thanks for thinking of me. I went well. He wasn't mad, he was very sad. We cried together and talked about things. I feel terrible about leaving him, he's my best friend and the best dad in the whole world. But I think he'll understand. It's not fair to him in any way and for that I will always feel guilty. I love him more than anything. Thanks for checking in though, I really appreciate all your kindness and compassion :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Brokensaddle and HighFlight
E

EndOfTheLine84

Aug 8, 2023
Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I honestly wrote that as a vent to help get some of the pain out of my system. I didn't expect anyone to really care. I appreciate your kind words and support. I have to be honest, my decision is final. I have no interest in living a life like this- without independence and the ability to do the things I love. I am an athlete. I am an artist. I love to surf and run and hike and travel and be outdoors. I love adventure. I will have no freedom left, and I just can't bear to live like that. I understand what you are saying though. There are many people out there that are able to live fulfilling, happy lives, even after becoming blind, deaf, paralyzed, etc. I admire those people and their strength. But I am just not one of them. Nor do I want to be. I am comfortable with my decision and I have accepted it. No need to worry about that.
I'm also amazed at how you were able to nail my mom down to a T just by this one small exchange. My mother is a narcissist, on top of having a lot of other mental/ emotional issues. She had an absolutely horrendous childhood, but I believe she is also just hardwired that way. I think a combination of her genetic/ mental makeup and her abuse as a child is what made her who she is. It's sad because she has a lot of good qualities. But she is a deeply disturbed person. Everything you mentioned describes her perfectly.
I am sorry that you had to grow up with a narcissistic mother as well. It's such an awful thing and no one should have to suffer through that. You should be proud for being able to realize your npd tendencies. I don't think many people with this disorder have any self awareness or realization. It'a amazing that you were able to break the cycle so to speak.
I really appreciate all the advice and compassion, you don't know how much better you've made me feel. It's really nice having someone that understands what you're going through. Thank you again!

Thank you for responding. Your words are extremely kind and sincere. You summed up exactly how I am feeling and it's actually crazy how spot on you are. I wish that I had more motivation to keep going and making the best of things, but I am honestly tired. I am really tired and I don't want to keep going. You're absolutely right in that this isn't necessarily "the end". I can still bring more to life and to the world. I'm just not interested anymore. I really want things to be done. My mom is who she is and I am tired of her. I love her but she is an exhausting burden. But don't worry, I won't let her get to me. Nothing she says can hurt me anymore.
Thank you again for all the kindness and compassion. I hope that you are able to find the peace that you deserve as well. Love and best wishes always, bb

I am sorry about you and your sister's situation. I am an only child but I can relate to the golden child/ scapegoats roles. I have friend with siblings and there always seems to be one that could do no wrong and one that was blamed for everything. It is very sad to hear. It is amazing that you were able to come to this realization about yourself and your npd. And it's even more amazing that you were able to keep a good relationship with your sister, even with your mom trying hard to turn you against each other. It takes a lot of strength to be able to have that sort of self realization. You are a very resilient person. Thank you again for everything- your compassion, knowledge, and kindness.

Hey thank you. I'm sorry that you can relate. You deserve better as well. Life isn't always fair. I appreciate you reaching out, if you ever need an ear I'm here too :)

It's funny you should mention that because I've been thinking about how my mom is going to act after I'm gone. I'm not religious and I don't want a funeral or anything, but I imagine there will be some sort of memorial. I have a feeling that she is going to make my death all about herself, and she is going to take hot as an opportunity to say the most vile horrible things about me. It makes me sad to think about, but I know that whatever she says, the people that know/ love me are not going to being swayed by her words. They'll stick by me.

"Do not accept the abuse and manipulation bluebus, do not let your mum win if there is a chance you can have a shot at a life, even if it is different than you what envisaged originally (or perhaps it was your mother pushing the idea on you as she would see you as only an extension of her and not an individual is she is NPD as I suspect, basically she sees you as her property for her own needs to be met, and your needs do not matter)."
I do feel like I'm letting her win, but at this point I'm okay with that. She always sort of hated me and wanted to ruin things in my life, but I always thought I would "show her" by going on to live a happy, successful life. It's unfortunate but that's life. I won't have to put up with anything anymore and I'm happy with that.

Hey! Thanks for thinking of me. I went well. He wasn't mad, he was very sad. We cried together and talked about things. I feel terrible about leaving him, he's my best friend and the best dad in the whole world. But I think he'll understand. It's not fair to him in any way and for that I will always feel guilty. I love him more than anything. Thanks for checking in though, I really appreciate all your kindness and compassion :)
Hey bluebus, have you thought about becoming a writer?
You could write blogs, even if you lose your sight (will it be full loss of vision or partial?) then there are aids for computers that can be used for this and speech software and such.
If you have knowledge of the topics that you mention, sure athletics may be difficult, but potentially the Paralympics?
You could blog, or get a journalist job, or even do it for a hobby to start with.
Once your options narrow, then you would be limited to what you could do, but writing is always there as you can speak, and use the assistant software for vision impaired/blind writers maybe?
if you are knowledgeable on those topics then you have a head start, and a passion for them, much like how retired athletes once older who can't compete physically anymore in the NBA for example, they become commentators or sports writers or such. So you could still be involved in the field you are passionate about, just not necessarily in the way you first imagined, which is not your fault.

I respect your decision, but I know how I self-sabotaged in the past even though I thought I didn't, that NPD mothers abuse for us at a very young age is very deep seated indeed and the self-hate fucked up my life without me even realising how it played such an influence until much later, it ruined my marraige as I pushed her away without realising, but now I look back and can see it, read articles on NPD abuse and complex PTSD arising from child abuse from a NPD mother, and it all makes sense.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
I just think that (with me anyway) suicide is a decision that I have always kept the option of taking at anytime, but it is not something I rush into without thought since it is a major decision, it is not as if you could regret it once dead, but maybe you have something to offer this world, even if you can't see that because of your mothers abuse of you, I understand that, I felt useless deep down, even with my NPD shell exterior that grew on top, the deep down worthless feeling that an NPD mother instills at the core of their child is a nasty and invisible thing indeed, it plays a part in the view you have of yourself trust me, I never thought that my past struggles affected my adult life, but now I look back in horror and can see it all, I ticked all the boxes of complex PTSD from child abuse of a NPD mother, and then at age 20 developed my NPD shell on top of that once I built confidence which came only when I became sexually active for the first time, and then I went off to the races sleeping around womanising, and now I see that is where my NPD "confidence" (arrogance really) came from, it could only come from sex, since that part is not learned from the mother (well it shouldn't be anyway), and I can see that the core love capacity of me was anxious/avoidant mixed attachment for romantic relationships (regards to all the other aspects other than sex of a romantic relationship) which meant as that was learned/modeled from the primary caregiver, my mother, that was all messed up and was always going to self-sabotage, as was my more self-esteem deep down inside my mind... The arrogance of how many women I had slept with, yeah other men cheer it or say that's cool etc, but that isn't really proper solid self-esteem, that is one aspect of many that a person can have, and so much was damaged due to my mother, but my NPD kept me hidden to that truth, focused me on casual sex with different women... as yeah the NPD knows, I didn't have any confidence anywhere else as that little boy version of me was scared, afraid of being abandoned and lacking self-confidence due to all the abuse my mother threw my way as well as the neglect.

From what I read of what you write bluebus, I respect your decision obviously as it is your decision alone to make, but I would say that once you have the gas cannisters (I guess it is Nitrogen or Helium), then you do not need to rush to use them, you can use them anytime you choose, but you sound like you have a lot left to give this world, but you can't see it as you were never allowed to grow to become your own person, your own individual person, as that is what a narcissistic mother does to their child, and I was the same... it's why I subconsciously pushed my wife away into the arms of another man, and I truly loved her and wanted kids and a family with her.... but now I see, that the self-sabotage of the child abuse we suffered truly runs deeper than once can even imagine, and I can see this looking back, but you won't have the luxury of the same if you end your life and you happened to be wrong about your potential in this world.
I only push this point home, as we both have NPD mothers, and if my judgement was so out of whack and I couldn't see how wrong I was and how self-sabotaging I was, me as a highly analytical person, then that shocked me... it is because it runs deep in us that self-hate our selfish mothers put there, we are compromised so deeply that we can not see that we do our mothers bidding and not what is best for us most of the time. Trust me.

I live in the UK so we don't get firearms access here, but if I was living in the USA, and had firearms (I probably would own a rifle and a handgun at least if I lived in the USA (I would if I had the residency permit to live there), but I would not necessarily rush to shoot myself in the head, even though I would like that method as the way to end my life, I would have the comfort knowing it would be there and I could at anytime. That is freedom.

As for me finding about my own NPD, I just looked into my past and old emails sent and received from my ex-wife... they seemed odd... my emails were nasty and abusive, not as I recall at all.... her emails were kind, trying to find middle ground and she really tried to keep our marriage together, she really loved me, which makes it all the more heartbreaking... I pushed her into the arms of another man, who she met in around 2012, after she divorced me finally, and she is still with him married to him... no surprise as she is a keeper, she is a good woman, kind and loving and loyal... and me and her had amazing chemistry together sexually as well as our personalities (when I was not drunk or being NPD mean unnecessarily), we really got along, we travelled 6 weeks around South East Asia together and fell in love and never once did we feel we were stepping over one another's toes or getting on one another's nerves, and then I ask her to marry me and she says yes, and then my NPD goes and fucks it up when I was supposed to move to her hometown in the USA (which was fine by me as I am from Australia originally and the USA is similar for the larger houses and cars and open spaces compared to where I am now in England in the UK), but then NPD... and suddenly.... gone.... the same as everything I have ever loved or wanted in life or goals I have chases... you know why.... I know now... the deep seated little voice that we can't hear but drives our deepest thoughts... that voice of that we are not good enough, we are not perfect enough, we will never amount to anything etc, that was put there by our mothers when we were very little and still lives deep inside us...

Anyway, it seems I am writing a novel here lol, but I like the way you write, and you seem to have passions in life, and sure losing your vision would be shit, I am not going to lie, but what about your voice? Audio books? I can show you some free open-source apps for Windows or Mac or Linux that are good for recording audio and converting formats etc, writing using aids on topics you are knowledgeable about (you seem intelligent to me going from your writing style), or listening to beautiful music, or whilst listening to beautiful music is good too such as classical, I love writing and listening to Rachmaninoff classical music sometimes, or other classical or instrumental as I write.

What I would absolutely suggest is that you do move out of your mum's house and live away from her toxic reach and if you can that is, to just totally cut her off from your life... also you can read this, which I have been reading as you may find it useful... good website Psychology Today is, which I read tjhis in time to save my marriage in 2011, but alas, I did not.

But I totally cut my mother out of my life, best thing I ever did, I ignore her messages and call attempts, or I only reply with NPD web links and say she needs to understand that she has NPD... that is all I ever reply by text message or email and never speak to her on the phone anymore. I live in a totally different country as she is in Australia still and I live in the UK.
She never loved me, so she isn't really my mother.... she is just the woman who gave birth to me and then abused me like napkin to blow her nose in to wipe her snot in and discard when she needed... so I do not feel the need to go to her funeral when she passes away, I will not travel to Australia the 24 hours flight time to go to that monster's funeral when she passes away eventually, as she isn't my mother and never loved me, she was my abuser, and just happened to fuck my father who provided the sperm to get her pregnant with me so she could sadly be the one to give birth to me so she could abuse me for her own needs... that is not a mother, and that is not love. So she is no longer in my life.

Here is the link: https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/...g-the-trauma-bond-forged-narcissistic-parents
Another good one about suvivors of child abuse and self-sabotage and complex PTSD: https://rolandbal.com/self-sabotage/
And this one also about How Narcissistic Abuse Can Cause C-PTSD : https://www.verywellmind.com/c-ptsd-narcissistic-abuse-5225119

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Aim and bluebus
Costrecce

Costrecce

Just a lil Dragon lad
Aug 21, 2023
This is such an awful situation. When I read the title, it really hit close to home. My mother has always been off, but she has gotten much worse in these last few years. Every day it feels like she gets worse. I ignored her abuse for so long, but now I can't stand her. I really hope if you decide to go on, you will get peace and your mom will leave you alone. I don't live with mine anymore but she still keeps harassing me, so I hope it won't happen the same here. Sorry.

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart and bluebus
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
This is such an awful situation. When I read the title, it really hit close to home. My mother has always been off, but she has gotten much worse in these last few years. Every day it feels like she gets worse. I ignored her abuse for so long, but now I can't stand her. I really hope if you decide to go on, you will get peace and your mom will leave you alone. I don't live with mine anymore but she still keeps harassing me, so I hope it won't happen the same here. Sorry.
Hey, thank you for kind words. I'm sorry that you can relate in any way. Even during the times I didn't live with my mom, she kept harassing me. She would find ways to get to me. whether it be my car, school, work, people I know, etc. She is a very determined person lol. I'm sure once I'm gone I'll be in peace. I really hope things can get better for you. Best of luck with everything. Love,

• Love
Reactions: Costrecce
gov

gov

Jul 25, 2023

That is horrible im so sorry you have to go through this your mom isn't well though there is something wrong making her like that but that's not okay and I agree with all the points you made good luck

• Love
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
Hey bluebus, have you thought about becoming a writer?
You could write blogs, even if you lose your sight (will it be full loss of vision or partial?) then there are aids for computers that can be used for this and speech software and such.
If you have knowledge of the topics that you mention, sure athletics may be difficult, but potentially the Paralympics?
You could blog, or get a journalist job, or even do it for a hobby to start with.
Once your options narrow, then you would be limited to what you could do, but writing is always there as you can speak, and use the assistant software for vision impaired/blind writers maybe?
if you are knowledgeable on those topics then you have a head start, and a passion for them, much like how retired athletes once older who can't compete physically anymore in the NBA for example, they become commentators or sports writers or such. So you could still be involved in the field you are passionate about, just not necessarily in the way you first imagined, which is not your fault.

I respect your decision, but I know how I self-sabotaged in the past even though I thought I didn't, that NPD mothers abuse for us at a very young age is very deep seated indeed and the self-hate fucked up my life without me even realising how it played such an influence until much later, it ruined my marraige as I pushed her away without realising, but now I look back and can see it, read articles on NPD abuse and complex PTSD arising from child abuse from a NPD mother, and it all makes sense.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
I just think that (with me anyway) suicide is a decision that I have always kept the option of taking at anytime, but it is not something I rush into without thought since it is a major decision, it is not as if you could regret it once dead, but maybe you have something to offer this world, even if you can't see that because of your mothers abuse of you, I understand that, I felt useless deep down, even with my NPD shell exterior that grew on top, the deep down worthless feeling that an NPD mother instills at the core of their child is a nasty and invisible thing indeed, it plays a part in the view you have of yourself trust me, I never thought that my past struggles affected my adult life, but now I look back in horror and can see it all, I ticked all the boxes of complex PTSD from child abuse of a NPD mother, and then at age 20 developed my NPD shell on top of that once I built confidence which came only when I became sexually active for the first time, and then I went off to the races sleeping around womanising, and now I see that is where my NPD "confidence" (arrogance really) came from, it could only come from sex, since that part is not learned from the mother (well it shouldn't be anyway), and I can see that the core love capacity of me was anxious/avoidant mixed attachment for romantic relationships (regards to all the other aspects other than sex of a romantic relationship) which meant as that was learned/modeled from the primary caregiver, my mother, that was all messed up and was always going to self-sabotage, as was my more self-esteem deep down inside my mind... The arrogance of how many women I had slept with, yeah other men cheer it or say that's cool etc, but that isn't really proper solid self-esteem, that is one aspect of many that a person can have, and so much was damaged due to my mother, but my NPD kept me hidden to that truth, focused me on casual sex with different women... as yeah the NPD knows, I didn't have any confidence anywhere else as that little boy version of me was scared, afraid of being abandoned and lacking self-confidence due to all the abuse my mother threw my way as well as the neglect.

From what I read of what you write bluebus, I respect your decision obviously as it is your decision alone to make, but I would say that once you have the gas cannisters (I guess it is Nitrogen or Helium), then you do not need to rush to use them, you can use them anytime you choose, but you sound like you have a lot left to give this world, but you can't see it as you were never allowed to grow to become your own person, your own individual person, as that is what a narcissistic mother does to their child, and I was the same... it's why I subconsciously pushed my wife away into the arms of another man, and I truly loved her and wanted kids and a family with her.... but now I see, that the self-sabotage of the child abuse we suffered truly runs deeper than once can even imagine, and I can see this looking back, but you won't have the luxury of the same if you end your life and you happened to be wrong about your potential in this world.
I only push this point home, as we both have NPD mothers, and if my judgement was so out of whack and I couldn't see how wrong I was and how self-sabotaging I was, me as a highly analytical person, then that shocked me... it is because it runs deep in us that self-hate our selfish mothers put there, we are compromised so deeply that we can not see that we do our mothers bidding and not what is best for us most of the time. Trust me.

I live in the UK so we don't get firearms access here, but if I was living in the USA, and had firearms (I probably would own a rifle and a handgun at least if I lived in the USA (I would if I had the residency permit to live there), but I would not necessarily rush to shoot myself in the head, even though I would like that method as the way to end my life, I would have the comfort knowing it would be there and I could at anytime. That is freedom.

As for me finding about my own NPD, I just looked into my past and old emails sent and received from my ex-wife... they seemed odd... my emails were nasty and abusive, not as I recall at all.... her emails were kind, trying to find middle ground and she really tried to keep our marriage together, she really loved me, which makes it all the more heartbreaking... I pushed her into the arms of another man, who she met in around 2012, after she divorced me finally, and she is still with him married to him... no surprise as she is a keeper, she is a good woman, kind and loving and loyal... and me and her had amazing chemistry together sexually as well as our personalities (when I was not drunk or being NPD mean unnecessarily), we really got along, we travelled 6 weeks around South East Asia together and fell in love and never once did we feel we were stepping over one another's toes or getting on one another's nerves, and then I ask her to marry me and she says yes, and then my NPD goes and fucks it up when I was supposed to move to her hometown in the USA (which was fine by me as I am from Australia originally and the USA is similar for the larger houses and cars and open spaces compared to where I am now in England in the UK), but then NPD... and suddenly.... gone.... the same as everything I have ever loved or wanted in life or goals I have chases... you know why.... I know now... the deep seated little voice that we can't hear but drives our deepest thoughts... that voice of that we are not good enough, we are not perfect enough, we will never amount to anything etc, that was put there by our mothers when we were very little and still lives deep inside us...

Anyway, it seems I am writing a novel here lol, but I like the way you write, and you seem to have passions in life, and sure losing your vision would be shit, I am not going to lie, but what about your voice? Audio books? I can show you some free open-source apps for Windows or Mac or Linux that are good for recording audio and converting formats etc, writing using aids on topics you are knowledgeable about (you seem intelligent to me going from your writing style), or listening to beautiful music, or whilst listening to beautiful music is good too such as classical, I love writing and listening to Rachmaninoff classical music sometimes, or other classical or instrumental as I write.

What I would absolutely suggest is that you do move out of your mum's house and live away from her toxic reach and if you can that is, to just totally cut her off from your life... also you can read this, which I have been reading as you may find it useful... good website Psychology Today is, which I read tjhis in time to save my marriage in 2011, but alas, I did not.

But I totally cut my mother out of my life, best thing I ever did, I ignore her messages and call attempts, or I only reply with NPD web links and say she needs to understand that she has NPD... that is all I ever reply by text message or email and never speak to her on the phone anymore. I live in a totally different country as she is in Australia still and I live in the UK.
She never loved me, so she isn't really my mother.... she is just the woman who gave birth to me and then abused me like napkin to blow her nose in to wipe her snot in and discard when she needed... so I do not feel the need to go to her funeral when she passes away, I will not travel to Australia the 24 hours flight time to go to that monster's funeral when she passes away eventually, as she isn't my mother and never loved me, she was my abuser, and just happened to fuck my father who provided the sperm to get her pregnant with me so she could sadly be the one to give birth to me so she could abuse me for her own needs... that is not a mother, and that is not love. So she is no longer in my life.

Here is the link: https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/...g-the-trauma-bond-forged-narcissistic-parents
Another good one about suvivors of child abuse and self-sabotage and complex PTSD: https://rolandbal.com/self-sabotage/
And this one also about How Narcissistic Abuse Can Cause C-PTSD : https://www.verywellmind.com/c-ptsd-narcissistic-abuse-5225119
Thank you for putting in all this time and effort to write this. I honestly don't feel like I deserve this amount of attention and care from other people. I'm set on my decision but thank so much anyway, I really do appreciate it. I do love writing and I always wanted to pursue that. I am working on finishing my collection of poems, so at least I can feel good about leaving something behind. I appreciate you reaching out and trying to help me navigate this, you are incredibly kind, patient, and selfless. I will definitely check out those links, I'm sure I'll be able to relate to them quite well lol. I am also really sorry to hear about everything you've been through. With your mother your ex wife and yourself. You really should be proud of everything you've overcome. Thank you again for everything:)

E

EndOfTheLine84

Aug 8, 2023
Thank you for putting in all this time and effort to write this. I honestly don't feel like I deserve this amount of attention and care from other people. I'm set on my decision but thank so much anyway, I really do appreciate it. I do love writing and I always wanted to pursue that. I am working on finishing my collection of poems, so at least I can feel good about leaving something behind. I appreciate you reaching out and trying to help me navigate this, you are incredibly kind, patient, and selfless. I will definitely check out those links, I'm sure I'll be able to relate to them quite well lol. I am also really sorry to hear about everything you've been through. With your mother your ex wife and yourself. You really should be proud of everything you've overcome. Thank you again for everything:)
Those are the kindest and nicest words anybody has ever said to me. I did write quite a lot for you, but it was quite easy since I have an in-depth knowledge I have gained recently on NPD and Complex-PTSD from being the child of a NPD mother and the emotional and psychological abuse that damages us as a result. I sadly have not overcome anything ultimately, since the dive down the rabbit hole of my past, discovering my own NPD, breaking down those walls, then researching NPD origins, seeing it was my mother who also had NPD, then seeing that I suffered child abuse after recalling times at school (elementary/primary) where I would stare at the ground with a hollow feeling, and then recalling other incidents that my mind had tried to hide and the nasty abuse I suffered, and then seeing how this lead onward to high school, where I suffered more, and then into the workforce, where in hindsight I can now see I developed my own NPD after finally losing my virginity back in 2005, which I thought at the time had instead simply finally got me over the past pain of life.... but it was a false sense of releif, since it was the start of my NPD developing and not me finally getting over the pain of my past (pain which I only recently in the last month or two discovered it was due to my mother abusing me when I was a child).... this would lead to 2011 where I unconsciously pushed away my wife, seemingly my NPD polluted mind dissociated or did some type of trick where it hid the real memory of this (which I only recently dug up through connecting the dots through other memories through the passage of time connecting back to it), and created a false memory of her leaving me/divorcing me for another man that would be presented to my conscious mind (even though this was not true at all in my looking back through all the past correspondence and connecting events and digging up memories and such).

This all has lead me, at the age of 38 now, and 39 in a couple of months, so near middle age now, where I basically see the true horror of my past, and all hat was lost and stolen from me due to the abuse I suffered in childhood, added to this the physical health toll and higher risk of death that children that suffered child abuse have in life, that clearly is a reason that my physical health is struggling as I age, I feel that I have gone down the rabbit hole of my past, not to overcome anything in the end as I had originally set out to do, but rather, what I have found and learned about my past and how it was all totally different in narrative to what my mind had originally tricked itself into believing, is that my whole life has so far been a total waste of opportunity, love stolen from me from what ultimately traces back to the abuse that my mother selfishly inflicted upon me when I was just a vulnerable baby/child, which is one of the greatest tragedies that I could ever envisage possible.

So the feeling and sense that I have actually arrived at the point of total despair in my life, given my age, all that is forever lost (my wife in 2011 who is now my ex-wife, "the one" and my soulmate, forever lost to another man she is now married to, a man who benefited ultimately from my mother abusing me as a child, which is sickening to think of, but it is what it really boils down to, and it is difficult to describe the exact terrible sinking feeling that it gives me in my whole body as I think of that).

Also, the childhood that was all suffering and pain due to this same abuse that my mother made me endure in childhood for her own pleasure and needs to be met, my mother using me like a rag to wipe her dirty hands on and then discard and throw away into the corner when she felt like it, never once attending to my needs as her child, and never giving me any advice or parenting, no advice for life, she just used me up like a pedophile uses a child's orifices for his own sick sexual need to ejaculate, without caring what damage that this ultimately does to the child whilst they are children as well as for how this will affect the child as they grow older into a teenager, and then an adult, corrupting and sabotaging it all, a whole life ruined from the start just to satisfy the selfish and shallow needs of an adult who abuses a child either sexually, emotionally or otherwise, it makes me feel sick, and especially as the woman I wanted to spend the rent of my life with as she wanted to do with me, she thinks I left her as I did not want her (which is not true) and as a result her new husband benefited from me being abused in childhood, which makes me feel sick about how this whole world works, and how people who are not even connected or known to each other can both benefit from the abuse of a child, one when the child is a child, and the other when that child has grown into an adult who is unknowingly carrying around that trauma from the past which will ultimately self-sabotage his marriage, thus handing his perfect woman and love, handing that to a man who now benefits from the complete downfall of the abused child inside me, even though that abuse happened so many years ago,, this man now unknown to my my abuser which is my mother, this man now benefits by getting to take my now ex-wife away from me, all because I was abused as a child.

So nothing is overcome for me. I see only pain and suffering and worsening health as I get older entering middle age now with only pain and suffering and loss and nothing good in my life that I ultimately ever had a chance of having, it was teased in front of me, I held it for a sscond, and then it was cruely stolen from me, ultimately due to the sick abuse my mother inflicted upon me, the son, her child that she gave birth to only to use for her own wants and needs like a toy that she cares little for how much she damages it, a toy that is me, a real person, that was completely disregarded from birth, my own wants and needs and hopes and dreams cruelly disregarded from the moment I was born, feeling empty inside, and ultimately only teased with the hope that I was able to hold onto the love I found in my ex-wife, before my broken abused mind from childhood and it's maladaptive and ultimately mortally fatal defense mechanism, which had back in 2011 had clearly as I can see now with hindsight, in 2011 my own faulty abused mind inflicted a mortal wound upon my whole existence on this earth, whilst at the same time handing the woman of my dreams who was in love with me at the time, it handed her over to another man who now enjoys her company and intimacy, at what will ultimately be the expense of my life, which I am now left with no other option than to end in my own suicide, since I can now see in retrospect that I, my soul and sense of self died inside back in 2011 when that new man of hers captured her heart after my child abuse damaged mind self-sabotaged by pushing her away inexplicably, and without letting me realise this in time by hiding the memories of it from my grasp, by creating a fake set of memories and narrative that she had left me when this was not true... I effectively see that my mind, decayed with the scars of suffering child abuse at the hands of my own mother, that my damaged scarred mind has inflicted the mortal wound upon my soul that would inevitably lead to me realising sooner or later, that I had already died inside back in 2011, and that now all there was left to do was for me to finish the job by ending my body from living as a soulless living corpse that is now is, I am faced with the only real option that I have now, facing total loss and emptiness of a life wasted maybe... more like a life stolen, a whole life that never was, I only got to see it through the window outside as the rain poured down on me, now soon will drown me, and I now see that my duty, as sad as it is, is to end my suffering, by bringing my heart to a stop, my lungs to stop breathing oxygen, and my brain to shut down and cease sending electrical signals, just shut down for ever, left to decay and decompose, and back unto the earth finally the composition of the what makes up my physical body from the periodic table of elements, back unto the earth shall this all return, finally closing the final chapter of my tragic life, a life which in hindsight never really was given a chance to really start, as it was polluted by childhood abuse from the very beginning which would grow like a cancer, to dangle carrots in front of me for my whole life, until the final realisation now that it is finally time to bring my body to it's death to match my soul that died back in 2011.

I just need to choose a method and plan the ending to my life, which ultimately proved to be pointless and devoid of any joy, with only the memory of loss, pain and tragedy.... Ultimately a life, my life, sabotaged from it's very beginning by the very woman who gave birth to it.
All I have are the memories of all I had and all that was stolen from me by my sabotaged mind, and the precious valuable parts handed to lucky random others, like I am a car being stripped bare for giving away it's spare parts for free, until there is nothing left of me, but pain, sadness,
deep sense of void and loss, and a tragic life that was never meant to be, thinking to myself, "and all that could have been..."

When there is nothing left, one wonders, was there anything ever really there, or was it all a mirage of the mind? ... Ultimately cast out into the ether...

It seems that I have changed so radically in the last few months, that the humility I gained, the ego I have lost, and ultimately my will to live also lost forever and irrecoverably... has finally come right at what is clearly the end of my life, with the clock ticking down, and no sunrise to come for me anymore regardless of how many days I let pass me by from here onwards... the world I exist in feels now in eternal darkness and quiet, trapped below a sheet of clear ice underwater in the cold arctic it feels like for me this world, as I look upwards to where others laugh and enjoy love and life, and a select few people doing so at my direct expense... as II am slowly freezing and drowning not able to touch the world that I can see but not truly ever exist in again... I only now have to find the way to turn out the light for good, to vanish into a forever nothingness, from whence I originally came.

Bluebus, thankyou for saying such lovely things about me, I have never had anybody say such kind things to me. I truly feel humbled.
If you would like to chat we can have a PM conversation if you would like?
If you have any advice on how you handled the feeling of finally deciding that your life needs to come to an end, I actually would like to hear any advice you have for how to manage this, as I feel I am at that stage now finally, and I knew that ruminating over what could have been in the past would eventually wear out and come to an end and I would face looking forwards into the abyss, the end pathway as I now turn forwards and can now see ahead of me, and it is the first time I am facing this, with any other path blocked off by the passage of time going backwards, as time only moves forwards, and with me looking forwards at only one path, no others, the only path being the steps I need to take to effectively grieve the loss of the life I could have had, and to start the process of planning the method and execution of the end to my act as a human, in my final chapter, on the final page to my empty, painful, tragic and ultimately what turned out to be a meaningless tainted life that I have experienced on this earth.

I just need to carefully plan the ending now, so that I can write "The End" and then close the back cover of the story of my life, and throw it into the ether, for me to fade away into nothingness, where I can no longer be abused nor remember being abused, never again experience painful loss and tragedy nor recall the memories in of my life of these painful events ripping my heart and soul apart, and let the hopes and dreams that I had for my life drift away into vapour and vanishing into thin air, so that I no longer can see others enjoy that which I lost and which was stolen cruelly away from me. I can only let my past go, if I let my entire consciousness go, my entire life go, my entire future go, for which is a good deal, since my potential future years would only consist of me entering middle age in this state of despair, and with only old age after that, no partner and no children, no hope left, only pain and dreams and love stolen from me, the future potential years ahead for me of getting older and ever deepening despair, sound like something that that I shall choose to exercise my right to opt-out of, by bringing my breathing, my heartbeat and my brain to a permanent stop, and then decomposition back into the earth from whence they originated.

My motivation, and drive for life, and my soul having been already dead long ago back in 2011, all that is left is for me to catch get my body to catch up, so I can finally rest in peace forever in the calm and soothing darkness, of nothingness, to find the peace, the absence of fear, worry and pain, the absence of my damaged mind, and the absence of all suffering, I hope to find the peace in death that I was not afforded in life. For nothingness and absence of existence is far better than the all-encompassing nightmare and torment that I have experienced since I was born in 1984...
There truly is nothing left to salvage from my life now, and in retrospect there never was, wuth the benefit of hindsight, it was all just a cruel mirage.

• Love
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
@bluebus - how are things going with your parents? And how are you holding up?

S

shatteredlife

Dec 10, 2022
I am sorry that you are going through this. I couldn't imagine living with a mom like that. I don't know what your diagnosis is but my mom's best friend was told she was losing her sight and would be unable to see within the year. She also had just recently had a stroke prior to this but she got care fast enough that she didn't have a lot of complications from the stroke. She started preparing looking for a nursing home tying to get everything lined up so she would not be a burden to her kids. She was in the process of tying up all her lose ends. My mom found out and told her to just leave everything as it was and she would take care of her when the time came if needed. That was almost ten years ago. She does have vision problems but can still drive during the day and her life is mostly unchanged. So just remember that doctors can give ranges of time frames but they are just educated "guesses". I think you should leave for college just to get away from your situation. While you are there research your eye problem and see what other options you have and see if maybe there is even a study or trial that you could get in to. worth a shot while you can still see to research things. In the mean time while you still have your sight try to enjoy at least one year of college life. Go party it up. Art it up. When the time comes you can actually make an educated decision about what options you want to take.
My dad had cancer-they gave him 2 weeks, when he survived 2 weeks they said well we really mean not more than 6 months, Took that stubborn son of a gun over 3 years to die. So doctors are not able to factor in a persons will they just are trying to give an estimate of what they think. I see all the time people getting pregnant after they are told they can't have babies, doctors do their best but can be wrong. Good Luck and just remember that CTB will always be there if you need it.

Last edited:
  • Love
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
how are things going with your parents? And how are you holding up?
Hey! Thanks for checking up! Things are okay, not the best but that's all right. Sorry for responding so late, sometimes I miss things in my notifications. I appreciate it though :)
I am sorry that you are going through this. I couldn't imagine living with a mom like that. I don't know what your diagnosis is but my mom's best friend was told she was losing her sight and would be unable to see within the year. She also had just recently had a stroke prior to this but she got care fast enough that she didn't have a lot of complications from the stroke. She started preparing looking for a nursing home tying to get everything lined up so she would not be a burden to her kids. She was in the process of tying up all her lose ends. My mom found out and told her to just leave everything as it was and she would take care of her when the time came if needed. That was almost ten years ago. She does have vision problems but can still drive during the day and her life is mostly unchanged. So just remember that doctors can give ranges of time frames but they are just educated "guesses". I think you should leave for college just to get away from your situation. While you are there research your eye problem and see what other options you have and see if maybe there is even a study or trial that you could get in to. worth a shot while you can still see to research things. In the mean time while you still have your sight try to enjoy at least one year of college life. Go party it up. Art it up. When the time comes you can actually make an educated decision about what options you want to take.
My dad had cancer-they gave him 2 weeks, when he survived 2 weeks they said well we really mean not more than 6 months, Took that stubborn son of a gun over 3 years to die. So doctors are not able to factor in a persons will they just are trying to give an estimate of what they think. I see all the time people getting pregnant after they are told they can't have babies, doctors do their best but can be wrong. Good Luck and just remember that CTB will always be there if you need it.
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. I'm so glad to hear that things went better than expected with your mom, and your dad too! In my case it's already too late, but I appreciate your kind words and thoughtfulness. Tell your mom to keep it up!

• Love
Reactions: HighFlight