Saponification

Saponification

Jun 27, 2024
So, due to my lack of discretion my mom has discovered the SN that I had bought. She threw it away, and basically implied that she doesn't want to let me CTB.
I don't blame her, but if possible, I want to try and make her understand and accept that my life is mine and that I can personally make the choice to CTB without her hindering me.

I'd appreciate it if y'all could tell me what you'd do in this situation.

Reactions: badtothebone
27ClubSoon

27ClubSoon

Potential Former Person
Aug 21, 2024
She is obviously not going to say you can just kill yourself and it'll be fine. Do you have any idea what she may be feeling right now?

Reactions: Tonkpils and badtothebone
B

badtothebone

Experienced
Aug 20, 2024
So, due to my lack of discretion my mom has discovered the SN that I had bought. She threw it away, and basically implied that she doesn't want to let me CTB.
I don't blame her, but if possible, I want to try and make her understand and accept that my life is mine and that I can personally make the choice to CTB without her hindering me.

I'd appreciate it if y'all could tell me what you'd do in this situation.
I would never CTB if I'm in your situation. Give me a good reason why you want to die? If your mom knew and she told she won't let you because she cares and both of you lucky she knew before it's too late. You still have a life to live you didn't see anything from life. why you want to ctb? Technically after 18 you're adult but not really. You still teenager. Please don't hurt your mom give her a chance to help you. I'm here trying to kms because I lost my son. Look around you and find something else to think about like a girlfriend new sport or habit. You gonna be fine. Good luck

Reactions: Tonkpils and 27ClubSoon
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand, I also wish suicide is accepted as a personal choice as well because after all not everyone wishes to exist. I hope that you find what you are searching for, best wishes.

Reactions: permanently tired, maynoname and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
You can't do anything. Many people are pro life and want you alive for their own benefit no matter what. Even if you were to provide the most logical and rational arguments possible, it'd still be futile. Sorry but this is checkmate. In this world, if you want to ctb, you have to do so without people finding out about it until after you died

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Downdraft
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I would never CTB if I'm in your situation. Give me a good reason why you want to die? If your mom knew and she told she won't let you because she cares and both of you lucky she knew before it's too late. You still have a life to live you didn't see anything from life. why you want to ctb? Technically after 18 you're adult but not really. You still teenager. Please don't hurt your mom give her a chance to help you. I'm here trying to kms because I lost my son. Look around you and find something else to think about like a girlfriend new sport or habit. You gonna be fine. Good luck

I do feel terrible for your situation and I can understand you not wanting another mother to go through what you're going through. But really, none of us can 100% say- 'I would never CTB if I was in your situation.' We often don't exactly know the full extent of their situation for a start. To be fair, a lot of people are saying to you- please don't leave your other two children but ultimately, we can never really know how bad life is for someone else and, whether we would handle it any better if we were in their shoes. Sorry to have a go. I realise this must be triggering for you.

As for the OP, is your Mum quite open to hearing how you feel? Now she knows the truth, maybe it would help to tell her the whole truth. Do you think maybe there are ways she could support you better? I kind of doubt many of us would be able to convince our parents that we feel it's the best thing for us though. Unless our suffering was plainly obvious- we were chronically ill and in obvious pain and, even then, I just don't think they see it the same way. Now she knows you're serious though, she may be more willing to seriously listen.

Reactions: badtothebone
Downdraft

Downdraft

Alive and kicking btw
Feb 6, 2024
I want to try and make her understand and accept that my life is mine
Yeah... I'm afraid you can't do anything really, it's a layer of convenience most people aren't willing to cross. I'm very sorry about that. :(

Saponification

Saponification

Jun 27, 2024
is your Mum quite open to hearing how you feel? Now she knows the truth, maybe it would help to tell her the whole truth. Do you think maybe there are ways she could support you better? I kind of doubt many of us would be able to convince our parents that we feel it's the best thing for us though. Unless our suffering was plainly obvious- we were chronically ill and in obvious pain and, even then, I just don't think they see it the same way. Now she knows you're serious though, she may be more willing to seriously listen.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure she is somewhat open-minded which is why I thought talking to her about it would be possible in the first place.
Yeah... I'm afraid you can't do anything really, it's a layer of convenience most people aren't willing to cross. I'm very sorry about that. :(
I'll still try my best to help her reach an understanding of my situation to make her feel better about this, since at this point I'm 100% determined to CTB.
I'm sorry for your loss and I understand why you think this way, but personally I staunchly believe in the right to die and that after a certain point people just don't have the right to intervene. I don't believe I should have a good reason to die either, it is simply my wish to do so.
You still have a life to live you didn't see anything from life.
I've seen enough.
Look around you and find something else to think about like a girlfriend new sport or habit. You gonna be fine.
If it were that simple I would've done it years ago.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep