uotomof

uotomof

Jun 9, 2024
My dog died yesterday. I found her outside in the backyard while looking for her so that I could take her on a walk.

I was suspicious of my mothers story that she was let out 30 minutes ago aka she died within 30 minutes of being let out because Rigor Mortis had already set in by the time we brought her in for her to be put on ice.

Anyway, I decided to go through the camera footage in secret and discovered that she was stuck outside in over 92 deg heat for ~6-7 hours.

There was a puddle of vomit speckled with blood in the sun on one side of the yard, and I found her collapsed under the shade of a tree on the other, dead, where she was probably looking for some respite from the sun.

I'm only piecing everything together now, and I feel disgusted and angry and horrified, I'm wondering if my father's already figured it out given that he's a doctor and was asking her questions that in hindsight helped me piece things together.

She was only three years old. She used to crawl onto my lap and let me pet her, She'll never do that again. I miss her more than anything in the world.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: tychai, meoka<3, razahcareca27 and 13 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Oh my God šŸ˜± poor thing! What she must have felt! :( I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and uotomof
uotomof

uotomof

Jun 9, 2024
Oh my God šŸ˜± poor thing! What she must have felt! :( I'm so sorry for your loss.
ty, she was the light of my life. I don't feel like the hole she left behind will ever be filled, but I'm glad that I was able to share this with anyone at all :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and rozeske
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
This is totally unacceptable if you mom did that intentionally. Why would she kill your dog?

I'm sorry for your loss. Idk y some humans can be this cruel to animals.

• Love
Reactions: rozeske and psp3000
H

Hvergelmir

May 5, 2024
I'd confront the fuck out out of her. Accidents happen, but the lie and subsequent distrust won't benefit anyone - not even your mother.
I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm not sure how I'd handle witnessing something like that, but it wouldn't be pretty. šŸ˜ 

I hope you manage to recover, and can have more amazing pets in the future - there are many who need caring owners.

Reactions: uotomof and Praestat_Mori
Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
I'm only piecing everything together now, and I feel disgusted and angry and horrified, I'm wondering if my father's already figured it out given that he's a doctor and was asking her questions that in hindsight helped me piece things together.
3 year old dogs don't normally just keel over and die from nothing. I think you should talk to your dad first and then confront your mom together.

Reactions: astr4 and Praestat_Mori
Ironborn

Ironborn

Student
Jan 29, 2024
Losing a dog is heartbreaking but this is just unimaginable, I am so sorry for your loss.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: uotomof and Praestat_Mori