• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
Knowing where I am at in my life, I decided to accept the responsibility of exploring psychiatric care for my bipolar/adhd/anxiety issues. Unfortunately, the psychiatrist I met with wants me to be on lithium because of my Type I diagnosis (very bad manic episode a couple years back). I say unfortunate because lithium does not play well with pretty much every recreational drug, many of which I find very fun to use (responsibly).

I am taking a very small dose for a week before getting bloodwork done, then if all is well my dose will slowly work up to a therapeautic level.

The symptoms I am looking to alleviate are things like feeling like something terrible is going to happen, my overthinking mind that causes a sense of paralysis and indecision, my tendency to catastrophize under stress, as well as reduce my tendency towards irritability and frustration. Ultimately, I want to be able to finish my college degree without debiltating fear and anxiety. I do not know if lithium will help me, but I cannot say until I do as the doctor says at least for a little while.

I asked the doctor if medication is something I will have to be on for my whole life, or if it is something I can use to get my life on track a little bit then go back to rawdogging my mental state. Much to my dismay, they said that, if lithium reduces my bipolar symptoms, I should probably expect to be on the medication for the rest of my life. I really want to reject the drug as a result, as being medicated for eternity is simply not something I want to commit to. However, I know I must take this as far as I can go in order to be the person I want to be, so I will commit to today.

In an attempt to compartmentalize my thoughts, I will use this thread to log my experiences with the medication and possibly even future psychiatric interventions, I am curious to hear others' experiences with lithium if they are willing to share, but to be clear I am not interested in hearing anyone's recommendation as to how I should be medicated--that is between me and my doctor.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Lithium is not good with shrooms and LSD as seizure risk.

It's fine with weed best of my knowledge

Okay with Ketamine I think

Other drugs - I don't know

My ex finds it very calming. My dad's friend had 40 good years on it
For me, hmm it just makes me wee more. Made me feel happier for about a week

I would give it a proper good shot. It's one of the least offensive meds IMO.

Also - for tripping - I wonder if you can take a week or two off the lithium to trip then go back on it

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
My relationship with medication is intimately related to my relationship with the western world. Is it my mental state that needs medication, or is it the external world that needs to become accustomed to my state of being? When one is in the throws of insanity, it truely feels like you are the sane one. I cannot say for certain how I feel about this until I give the standard expectation a good shot. I want to get the degree and explore options for establishing a 9-5 career, simply to see how it resonates with me.

My intuition is that how I want to spend my time and contribute to this world is far outside of the norm, but I cannot quite let myself explore that part of me fully until I understand what about the "normal" path I am turned off by. Hence, my exploring of lithium is an attempt to live life like a "normal person," whatever that means. We shall see.

Okay with Ketamine I think

My doctor plugged K and lithium into their interaction system and it came up with bad interaction, but I did not inquire what is informing their system. What makes you say it is okay? I haven't done too much research on things like K/Nitrous/MDMA, but cursory googles comes up with doctors saying don't feckin do it. It's hard to tell if they are saying that cause they're squares or if there is legit risk. WIll look into it deeper at some point. Ultimately, I can accept being sober for however long it takes.

Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
I have Bipolar I as well. Congratulations on winning the lottery. Here's the deal with treating Bipolar with any medication. Once you get the right therapeutic balance and get your moods stabilized it is likely you will feel mostly 'normal'. You'll start doing 'normal' things again. And you'll likely feel like you're ok and don't need the meds anymore. There's the side effects, the blood work, the doctors visits. The medical costs. It's just a lot. So, you'll fall into the trap so, so many people with Bipolar do, and discontinue your meds.

Life will be okay for a bit and then you'll have another episode. Try as you might you will likely spiral until the moods are out of control. It will land you back at the doctors to get you back on meds, in the hospital, or possibly dead.

I can speak to this from personal experience. It also is a very common cycle in Bipolar patients from what all my pdocs have said. The man I was named after had Bipolar and went through this cycle until he lost everything and ctb (I was the lucky SOB to find him at age 8).

Tl;dr: Bipolar I is a lifetime condition. There is no cure. You don't just get over it or grow out of it. If you're committed to recovery, you must commit to a lifetime of treatment.

Edit: Just as a note, Lithium is often a first line treatment, but it is not the only treatment. If you have concerns with it, talk to your doc about other options. Lithium worked for me for several years, now it does nothing to help me even at maximum dosage.

• Love
Reactions: Abandoned Character
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
The blood work isn't that big of a deal; I have mine tested twice a year.

Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
The blood work isn't that big of a deal; I have mine tested twice a year.
For sure. They tend to be more frequent in the beginning, but once your dosage is established its usually once a quarter or once every six months. Depakote is about the same frequency.