Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
I've cleaned up the majority of my house for the first time in years. I'm not struggling with schoolwork anymore. I've gone out in public multiple times with only a few problems the past couple of days. Besides being unemployed, I don't have a lot of problems anymore. So why am I not happy?
Even though it's still a mess, my life feels like it's going somewhere for once, but I still have no clue where or how to move it forward anymore. I don't know the first thing about getting a job because I slacked in high school, and it'd be humiliating to ask anyone at my age. I still don't have any direction at all.
If this is what I feel like even when everything's better for now, then what's the point of being alive at all? Even if it's for a short time, I've achieved a period in life a lot of people long to have for even a few days. If this is what it feels like, then there's really no reason to be alive, is there?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, alice-in-wonderland, AngelGirl and 5 others
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
It really is all about one's internal experience of life, not a change in external scenery or how one acts. You've discovered one of the great myths of mental health theory bullshit. You don't change how you feel by first changing how you act, you change how you act by first changing how you feel.

Anybody who mindlessly spouts, "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, acts like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck!" deserves to be shot, fried and eaten like a duck!

YOU CAN'T JUDGE A BOOK BY LOOKING AT THE COVER!
Even if you were worth hundreds of billions, would it matter if you looked like this?

960x0.jpg
bill-gates-favorite-tweets.jpg
EhBKK-PXcAE2K_o.jpg
Jocelyn-Wildenstein.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PressEnterToExit and WornOutLife
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Yeah, mental illnesses or just mental instability and such can make you not feel happy even though things seem to be going well. I had that happen to me too, I have anxiety and I'm anti social so lock down was a pretty good thing for me, but even though o get to be at home and not go out I'm still not ecstatic. Just feel so so....

• Hugs
Reactions: alice-in-wonderland and puppy9
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I don't know the first thing about getting a job because I slacked in high school, and it'd be humiliating to ask anyone at my age.
Plenty of people did that and still get jobs. Just try it and stop feeling humiliated.

Reactions: alice-in-wonderland and Makko
J

johntee2

Jan 17, 2021
I've cleaned up the majority of my house for the first time in years. I'm not struggling with schoolwork anymore. I've gone out in public multiple times with only a few problems the past couple of days. Besides being unemployed, I don't have a lot of problems anymore. So why am I not happy?
Even though it's still a mess, my life feels like it's going somewhere for once, but I still have no clue where or how to move it forward anymore. I don't know the first thing about getting a job because I slacked in high school, and it'd be humiliating to ask anyone at my age. I still don't have any direction at all.
If this is what I feel like even when everything's better for now, then what's the point of being alive at all? Even if it's for a short time, I've achieved a period in life a lot of people long to have for even a few days. If this is what it feels like, then there's really no reason to be alive, is there?
Sounds like you're heading in he right direction to me.

Reactions: alice-in-wonderland