T

thebusislatetonight

Jan 12, 2023
I finally found something I really wished to do. The position, the company - I had dreamed about. And on the first fucking day, after receiving my contract, I told them that I may have to move some hours around to attend therapy for depression.

And the next day? They took my fucking appointment away. Why? Because I "wilfully suppressed material facts about my medical condition that would affect the job role and work schedules".

It's fucking 2023. You shouldn't have to lose a job because you're in treatment for depression. It makes NO SENSE. Not to mention it's completely illegal and unethical. I mean, they didn't even give me a chance to prove myself. I know my work and I could have been a solid addition to their team. And I could have helped my family with the money I'd get.

I sent so many emails to ask them to be sensitive and understanding. But NO, it's a "BUSINESS DECISION" made by management. And they're supposedly "doing it for my sake". That I should take the time to recover.

And I TOLD THEM during the fucking interview. I told them I was home because of my health and was trying to recover. I requested them so much. I can't believe how cold-hearted they are. I told them the job was something I looked forward to and gave me hope.

They took that away. And now I'm back where I was, with even more motivation to die.

This is what you get for being honest and transparent with your employer. I hate them for this. They didn't even reply to my emails or calls. They said "you have to understand our position as well". HR are fucking snakes.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: mongoose23, Ringo, Kariope and 29 others
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
I finally found something I really wished to do. The position, the company - I had dreamed about. And on the first fucking day, after receiving my contract, I told them that I may have to move some hours around to attend therapy for depression.

And the next day? They took my fucking appointment away. Why? Because I "wilfully suppressed material facts about my medical condition that would affect the job role and work schedules".

It's fucking 2023. You shouldn't have to lose a job because you're in treatment for depression. It makes NO SENSE. Not to mention it's completely illegal and unethical. I mean, they didn't even give me a chance to prove myself. I know my work and I could have been a solid addition to their team. And I could have helped my family with the money I'd get.

I sent so many emails to ask them to be sensitive and understanding. But NO, it's a "BUSINESS DECISION" made by management. And they're supposedly "doing it for my sake". That I should take the time to recover.

And I TOLD THEM during the fucking interview. I told them I was home because of my health and was trying to recover. I requested them so much. I can't believe how cold-hearted they are. I told them the job was something I looked forward to and gave me hope.

They took that away. And now I'm back where I was, with even more motivation to die.
I feel you dude. Been going to therapy on tuesdays for the last two years and my boss still doesn't put me in the right shift so I can make it. I of course switch with another person but I'm annoyed because it's always the same thing. people just have zero fucking empathy or they're so fucking jealous they want to cause you problems.
Is there no way you can appeal or like contact an advocate group for workers or an union?

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, Laivirt and Lost in a Dream
T

thebusislatetonight

Jan 12, 2023
I feel you dude. Been going to therapy on tuesdays for the last two years and my boss still doesn't put me in the right shift so I can make it. I of course switch with another person but I'm annoyed because it's always the same thing. people just have zero fucking empathy or they're so fucking jealous they want to cause you problems.
Is there no way you can appeal or like contact an advocate group for workers or a union?
No, they don't have any empathy at all. They're inhuman and insensitive. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. One bit of kindness shouldn't be this hard. I am so tired of this injustice.
And guess what, this company's tagline is "It's a tough world". WELL? People need help because it's a tough world!!
I tried to contact some lawyers to understand if I could sue them for this. But the money and the effort it would take to litigate isn't worth it for me. It would ruin my chances of getting a similar role in the industry I want to work in.
This world is so shitty. These companies can get away with pulling this shit knowing that it isn't fair.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Huntfish34, Rogue Proxy, VioletNight and 7 others
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
that is absolutely horrible i am so sorry. just reassures the sad truth of not being able to truly trust anyone. i logged in my zoom support group this morning and ppl talking about 'radical honesty' and i just wanted to puke. normies like to preach shit like that and then when you go and do it, what happens, get shit on. i am glad i won't have to deal with it for too much longer. fuck telling ppl anything real abt self, they will throw it away or use it to manipulate or degrade. i understand how shattered you must feel right now and i'm sry it is like this

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, Rogue Proxy, ihatemen420 and 2 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
As long as you're not a airline pilot or something like that I don't see why it should matter.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: mongoose23, Huntfish34, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 3 others
Mr Myemna

Mr Myemna

Let me say words naked as flesh, tough as teeth.
Aug 20, 2022
If only the workplace was owned collectively by the workers, Curse on Capitalism.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: XIII, Huntfish34, SexyIncél and 4 others
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
If only the workplace was owned collectively by the workers, Curse on Capitalism.
absolutely, capitalism is eating itself alive starting with.... us, unfortrunately.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: XIII, Huntfish34, SexyIncél and 4 others
ExtraItem

ExtraItem

Too Tired To Try
Feb 3, 2023
Jesus that fucking sucks. I'm sorry for what they did and hope you get a similar position at a different company soon. This has always been something that stays on my mind when applying for jobs. The choice between being honest and telling your employers to see if they can maybe accomodate you or just keep these things to yourself. In a world where companies will always put profits and care more about risk than actual people this unfortunately doesn't surprise me. I hate to say it but in the future it's always better to not mention these things until you're already a solidified member of their team and worked for a company for a while. I know sometimes that it's not always possible/ideal to tough it out but when it is you should. It's more difficult to let go of someone who's been contributing than a new hire and these companies don't care. Still shouldn't be like this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, thebusislatetonight and Lost in a Dream
T

thebusislatetonight

Jan 12, 2023
that is absolutely horrible i am so sorry. just reassures the sad truth of not being able to truly trust anyone. i logged in my zoom support group this morning and ppl talking about 'radical honesty' and i just wanted to puke. normies like to preach shit like that and then when you go and do it, what happens, get shit on. i am glad i won't have to deal with it for too much longer. fuck telling ppl anything real abt self, they will throw it away or use it to manipulate or degrade. i understand how shattered you must feel right now and i'm sry it is like this
I honestly don't know what to do now. I was really counting on this job. Honesty doesn't do shit apparently. I'm looking forward to ending it all to escape this hell.
As long as you're not an airline pilot or something like that I don't see why it should matter.
I know, right?! And it's a remote job!!! Come on, I didn't even have to mention it. I would've just gone AWOL. But I wanted to be honest and open about myself. This is what you get for being a good person.
I hate this capitalist world. It's just fucked up how we can hate it and want to escape it, but even to breathe or get the basic necessities of life, you've got to participate in this rigged game. It's unfair.
absolutely, capitalism is eating itself alive starting with.... us, unfortrunately.
It's absurd. It treats us like we're pieces of meat. And we have to be, otherwise we don't continue. Well, I choose to fucking quit then.
Jesus that fucking sucks. I'm sorry for what they did and hope you get a similar position at a different company soon. This has always been something that stays on my mind when applying for jobs. The choice between being honest and telling your employers to see if they can maybe accomodate you or just keep these things to yourself. In a world where companies will always put profits and care more about risk than actual people this unfortunately doesn't surprise me. I hate to say it but in the future it's always better to not mention these things until you're already a solidified member of their team and worked for a company for a while. I know sometimes that it's not always possible/ideal to tough it out but when it is you should. It's more difficult to let go of someone who's been contributing than a new hire and these companies don't care. Still shouldn't be like this.
I agree - it was a major mistake on my part. I shouldn't have believed that companies would be accommodating. I should have kept it to myself. Everyone in my family and friends have told me this. I shouldn't have. But the fault is theirs. They SHOULD have been sensitive. I'm not to blame in trying to be transparent with my employer from the outset. Yes, I may be wrong. Everyone around me has said I'm naive and impractical. I choose to believe the good in people. This just proves that nothing comes out of being a good person and it just blows up in your face anyway. So just do the unkind, dishonest thing. Apparently that's the lesson!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, ihatemen420, SexyIncél and 1 other person
Ankou

Ankou

Sep 26, 2021
Are you able to sue for disability discrimination in your country?

Reactions: releasespieces, purella and NHLTradeRumor
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That is so awful and unfair what you have to go through, it's disgusting how suffering people are treat so badly in this cruel world.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Laivirt
T

thebusislatetonight

Jan 12, 2023
Are you able to sue for disability discrimination in your country?
Yeah, I could. But it would do more damage to me than to this company. It would bleed me dry financially and make me seem like a bad hire across the industry. It's not an option at all. There's no recourse. There's no justice. There's no sympathy or compassion. And people wonder why I want to ctb.
That is so awful and unfair what you have to go through, it's disgusting how suffering people are treat so badly in this cruel world.
I agree. I mean, give us a break! Having a mental illness doesn't mean you don't have marketable skills or capabilities to do the job! For people like me, financial stability and something to look forward to - that would helps to overcome this terrible reality we have to live through! They are just horrendous. I'm still in shock and cannot see a way out now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Source Energy, ihatemen420 and WaitingToGo
novem

novem

Experienced
May 9, 2022
Employer is not your friend ever.
Actually, "noone is a friend and noone is a fool", as they sing in one song. This is sad.

I always laugh about those disclaimers of diversity and inclusion. This is just their legal team working, nothing else.

• Aww..
Reactions: downndone2, Unhumanly. and releasespieces
honkpilleddoomer

honkpilleddoomer

The living envies the dead.
Feb 23, 2023

This is what you get for being honest and transparent with your employer. I hate them for this. They didn't even reply to my emails or calls. They said "you have to understand our position as well". HR are fucking snakes.
Capitalism

• Aww..
Reactions: thebusislatetonight
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
That is so unfair. I don't think they realize that for a person in your situation, having a job that you actually like to do and keeping busy will be a critical component of your recovery. Damning you to stay indoors all the time, with therapy appointments as your only scheduled weekly activity, is going to contribute towards depression rather than ameliorate it.

It just sounds like the company does not want to put in any effort at all to accommodate employees with health conditions, even if the adjustment would be something as small as booking a slot of time off for you each week. They aren't doing any of this for your sake, they're doing it because they are greedy and don't want to lose money by allowing their employees to have flexible schedules.

Reactions: ihatemen420
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
that seems illegal, you should sue them.

Reactions: EndlessDream
C

conflagration

Student
Jul 29, 2022
You should sue them, and describe your case publicly online wherever possible with company name included.

Reactions: AllMyDreams
WaitingToGo

WaitingToGo

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
Im so sorry to hear this and I think that company stinks and should be ashamed. Family have said to me why don't I mention my personal health issues at work or confide in someone. I will never ever confide in any work colleague and I won't tell my employer either. I'm in a sticky position as I'm currently on a 12 month contract after which they will take me on permanently. If I mention anything I'd be out on my arse straight away.
im guessing the OP is either in the US or UK, I think in Europe it may not be that bad but I'm not risking it.
i wish the OP all the best and hope you find something else.

Reactions: thebusislatetonight and ihatemen420
Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

Recovery are not the winner.
Feb 24, 2023
That's really really horrible, I'm so sorry to hear this, it's really sad :(

It really sucks human empathy just keeping decreasing and decreasing overtime that they will do the most horrible things when you open up about your struggle

• Love
Reactions: ihatemen420 and EndlessDream
EndlessDream

EndlessDream

Feb 15, 2023
Classic company caring about money and nothing else :)
Just another thing on top of increasing government surveillance and regulation, on top of the increasing role of social media where people are being judged constantly. I think humanity is doomed and I'm CTBing before the cyberpunk dystopia becomes more and more real.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, your boss and management should've been more understanding.

It seems like you dodged a bullet anyway if the HR and management are like that. It seems we have to be absolutely perfect mentally to function when the world is getting colder.

Last edited:
draingang

draingang

białasy podbijają na funkcję jak
Feb 21, 2023
but if no capitalism no iphone???? venezuela 100000000 billion death people????

• Yay!
Reactions: thebusislatetonight, ihatemen420 and Mr Myemna
AJwantsToGo

AJwantsToGo

♡ Your Average Bad Person ♡
Feb 24, 2023
That's fucking abeist and most likely illegal, at least it would be in my country. I'm so sorry. They can go fuck themselves. You deserve better.

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
What a horrible world to exist in. Most people do not care neither have empathy. We are not allow to be sad. And this will never change because people only care for their personal gain and selfish monetary reasons. We are expected to be robots to make them money just to then die. That's why I refuse to keep existing having to survive discrimination towards my mental illness. This world is too cruel for me. People are too cruel.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and ihatemen420
pickajack

pickajack

Student
Jul 17, 2020
It seems like you dodged a bullet anyway if the HR and management are like that.
As shitty as the situation is, @EndlesssDream makes a good point. Sorry this happened OP, I hope you find an employer who is more reasonable.

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022

Isn't that illegal, at least in some countries as it goes under firing someone for health discrimination?

B

Bluebunnysky

Jan 15, 2023
Mental illness is taboo in society. Never let anyone know about any issues you're going through, EVER!

Especially at places of employment

Reactions: lionetta12
2bemyenemy

2bemyenemy

autistic disabled garbage fire
Feb 24, 2023
You can do a gofundme for legal fees and then publicly post about what they did to you. I know a lot of people who would donate for a chance to screw a company over for doing that.

It might not work but can't hurt to try.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
This is so shit. I'm so sorry. I've suspected that companies do do this and it annoys me so much. Depression is SO common now. I expect a good portion of their workforce is aready suffering from it! Where my friend works, a third of them are on anti-depressants. Sounds like the sort of company- that if you aren't depressed to begin with- you lilkely will be after a short time! They're clearly not all that interested in supporting people.

SO many people must be high functioning too- especially with depression because I doubt they go round handing out benefits for it. Ok- we might not be the happiest employees- although- I imagine some people can even fake that. Still- it doesn't mean we can't contribute.

It's wrong but I sort of DO get so annoyed at the lengths employers will go to to accomodate SOME disabilities but apparently not when it comes to depression. Not saying that they shouldn't take on people with disabilities- they should- but they ought to apply the same 'equal opportunities' across the board. I doubt they would have to make many changes to employ you as opposed to someone else.