Noctis

Noctis

I wish I'd done it years ago
Dec 15, 2021
My grandmother died on Saturday. The funeral is today.

She was absolutely miserable the last few weeks of her life. She was 95, and spent a couple weeks constantly saying "I wish I would hurry up and die," and "I'm trying to die, but I just can't seem to."

This is such horseshit. The woman was terminally sick, and we all knew she was going to die soon. She WANTED to die, and we couldn't just give her enough morphine to make sure that happened. We were just able to give her enough drugs to ease her pain until after she was completely incoherent and unable to communicate for nearly ten days.

I hate all of this. I wish we had physician-assisted suicide. I wish there was an easy way out.

At least she's free. I'm envious of that.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, waitingforrest, pthnrdnojvsc and 12 others
MatthewV3

MatthewV3

Student
Dec 15, 2021
Yeah, that sucks. My condolences. But she is free now and that's what matters.

• Love
Reactions: waitingforrest, Noctis, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Anyone who has been through this , unless they are totally heartless , would agree with physician assisted suicide.

I've always been in favor of it but especially more after seeing hospice so many times. The last few weeks if they go comatose are just a total waste of resources and also probably hellish for the patient too

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Noctis and Huntfish34
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
May she R.I.P. ,. Always and forever ❤️

• Love
Reactions: Noctis
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I'm very sorry for your loss and that her death was so difficult.

• Love
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Rest in peace. It is such a horrible world we live in, where suicide is so stigmatised and the right to die is not respected. It is sad that she had to die like that. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Noctis, Britvik and Huntfish34
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
A coworker's grandpa stopped breathing so they did chest compressions until his ribs broke and brought him back to life to suffer in agony for another 2 months before he finally passed. It's like at a certain age, doctors don't deem you coherent enough to ask for a peaceful death and do the exact opposite. Plus the longer you and your loved ones stay alive, the more insurance money they can reap from it.

• Love
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
Rest in peace

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Noctis, Huntfish34 and Britvik