Realkitten

Realkitten

TheRealKitten
Mar 9, 2023
It's been a couple of months since this happened, but I can't get it out of my head, so I thought venting here would be a solution.

I was planning my graduation months in advance, I saved up my money throughout highschool so that I can buy whatever I want without bugging my father-because of this I used to stay hungry for the whole day but after a while I got used to it-. I bought my own makeup, nails, etc and I even paid for the venue myself. The hairstyle I wanted was simple, just two cornrows going back. I was planning on going to a hairsalon, but it didn't make sense to spend $20 on such a simple hairstyle, so I asked my older sister to do it for me and she said ok. I waited for her to do my hairstyle for a whole week, but she keep saying she busy and whatnot. On the day of graudation she finally was able to do my hair. The hairstyle I showed her should've only took 1 hour to do but instead she told me that it looked ugly and decided to do a different hairstyle. I was fine with it as long as it didn't take too long.

I've been sitting for 8 HOURS!!! getting my hair done by her and it wasn't even finish nor was it looking good and I couldn't do anything about it because graduation was starting in an hour.

I went to take a quick bath, but for some reason I was still smelly??? and I didn't get the time to put on any of the things I bought, such as my makeup, nailpolish, lotion etc. I never been so stressed in my life, honestly I didn't want to go graduation again, but my father was gaslighting me telling me how it's my fault??? and I waisted HIS money??? I never used any of his money, I only used my money.

Even though I didn't want to go I was still forced. I was sitting for about 4 hours during graduation with everyone around me saying someone smells and I just had to sit with my arms closed hoping that the smell didn't spead too much.

I honestly couldn't wait to leave this house because my father always been showing favouritism to my older sister ever since I was young. I will not come back.

I should've just gone a to a hairsalon.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: yyytry, Dainhla, The anhedonic one and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The truth is that you just cannot rely on other people in this world, it's just the unfortunate reality that other people very often make existing much worse.

Reactions: Realkitten and Goodgirlryeo101
G

Goodgirlryeo101

Wizard
May 27, 2023
I'm sorry for what happened to you … But did you put on deodorant and is the smell a one off thing or an recurring thing ??! if it is a recurring thing you can get checked etc as I had the same issue and I was told it was due to chemical imbalance in my body and I was advised to avoid greasy, fried, dairy food etc and also they advised me to exercise as well … You can also do some research online as well if (I don't know about your healthcare system)….

Btw what sort of hairstyles would make you sit and will take them 8 hours to finish?? And also sorry but I also wanted to ask what does that have anything to do with you being suicidal???
You didnt mention anything about suicide so that's why I'm asking…. And also why did you have to pay for the venue for the graduations ??? Universities normally pay for the venues etc ….

Sorry I just have so many questions as I'm trying to get a better understanding of the situation. I think all parents haha favourites anyway even though some parents might say they love their kids equally.

I hope you heal from whatever you are going through and if you don't feel suicidal there is recovery and offtopic sections and those might sections might also be helpful to you.

All the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: The anhedonic one and Realkitten
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
awww. That really sucks! :( I'm really sorry to hear! >_< And your dad sounds like a big jerk! :/ Luckily, you can still use all the stuff you bought for graduation for later things if you choose to~ :)
At my graduation, I threw up at the very end and missed the ending fireworks (you know, the good part), so mine wasn't very good either! :(((

• Aww..
Reactions: The anhedonic one and Realkitten
Realkitten

Realkitten

TheRealKitten
Mar 9, 2023
I'm sorry for what happened to you … But did you put on deodorant and is the smell a one off thing or an recurring thing ??! if it is a recurring thing you can get checked etc as I had the same issue and I was told it was due to chemical imbalance in my body and I was advised to avoid greasy, fried, dairy food etc and also they advised me to exercise as well … You can also do some research online as well if (I don't know about your healthcare system)….

Btw what sort of hairstyles would make you sit and will take them 8 hours to finish?? And also sorry but I also wanted to ask what does that have anything to do with you being suicidal???
You didnt mention anything about suicide so that's why I'm asking…. And also why did you have to pay for the venue for the graduations ??? Universities normally pay for the venues etc ….

Sorry I just have so many questions as I'm trying to get a better understanding of the situation. I think all parents haha favourites anyway even though some parents might say they love their kids equally.

I hope you heal from whatever you are going through and if you don't feel suicidal there is recovery and offtopic sections and those might sections might also be helpful to you.

All the best.
I did put on deodorant and perfume and yeah the smell is a recurring thing. I'm supposed to get checked, but I never went (Normally the doctor would say I need to lose weight).

The hairstyle my sister did was called Crochet, she told me she was experimenting with my hair but how can you do that on the day I have graduation? Like you can experiment any other day, why this day?

I'm not feeling suicidal, the reason why I post this here is because I would feel embarrassed if I told my friends. Since i'm anonymous here I might as well just vent it out. (I'm also trying to study for a big exam and that event just keeps coming back into my head over and over again and I can't concentrate)

Yeah we had to pay for the venue, which was $100, because my school is cheap. We also had to pay for extra seats if more people was coming which was $40.

It's ok you can ask as much questions as you like
awww. That really sucks! :( I'm really sorry to hear! >_< And your dad sounds like a big jerk! :/ Luckily, you can still use all the stuff you bought for graduation for later things if you choose to~ :)
At my graduation, I threw up at the very end and missed the ending fireworks (you know, the good part), so mine wasn't very good either! :(((
Yall had fireworks? That's amazing! Were you sick? I hope you're doing ok.

Reactions: Dainhla and The anhedonic one
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
If you want something done do it yourself.

Humans can't just do what people want, they always inject their own preferences or desires into anothers decisions.

Cut it out in the future and then its mostly, only on you.

Reactions: Realkitten and The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
So sorry you are going through this.
Toxic family members are a bunch of shithole bastards.
All of my family were toxic, including my sociopathic Sister.
She used to tell lies about me to my insane Mother who was a narcissist.
The crazy bitch Mother is dead, and I haven't spoken to the Sister in years.
Family is hell for a lot of us.

• Hugs
Reactions: Realkitten and TheSpookyNameGuy
G

Goodgirlryeo101

Wizard
May 27, 2023
I did put on deodorant and perfume and yeah the smell is a recurring thing. I'm supposed to get checked, but I never went (Normally the doctor would say I need to lose weight).

The hairstyle my sister did was called Crochet, she told me she was experimenting with my hair but how can you do that on the day I have graduation? Like you can experiment any other day, why this day?

I'm not feeling suicidal, the reason why I post this here is because I would feel embarrassed if I told my friends. Since i'm anonymous here I might as well just vent it out. (I'm also trying to study for a big exam and that event just keeps coming back into my head over and over again and I can't concentrate)

Yeah we had to pay for the venue, which was $100, because my school is cheap. We also had to pay for extra seats if more people was coming which was $40.

It's ok you can ask as much questions as you like

Yall had fireworks? That's amazing! Were you sick? I hope you're doing ok.
Are you overweight???? Well if you have free healthcare like where I'm from call your gp and they will be able to advice you that's what I did and that's what they told me.

Tbh with me even when I was slim I had this same issue as well… I also watched a YouTube video of this girl who said she had this BO issue and she started using this specific deodorant ( I forgot the name ) and it helped her immensely because she said no matter how many times she tried the BO wouldn't go away.

I have never heard of any school asking graduates to pay for their graduation- where are you based from if you don't mind me asking?

Also if you want to vent about things like this that are not related to suicide you can still vent in offtopic I think.

All the best.
So sorry you are going through this.
Toxic family members are a bunch of shithole bastards.
All of my family were toxic, including my sociopathic Sister.
She used to tell lies about me to my insane Mother who was a narcissist.
The crazy bitch Mother is dead, and I haven't spoken to the Sister in years.
Family is hell for a lot of us.

I think most families are like this actually I read a lot of family issues online and there is a lot of dysfunctionality and toxicity.

Realkitten

Realkitten

TheRealKitten
Mar 9, 2023
Are you overweight???? Well if you have free healthcare like where I'm from call your gp and they will be able to advice you that's what I did and that's what they told me.

Tbh with me even when I was slim I had this same issue as well… I also watched a YouTube video of this girl who said she had this BO issue and she started using this specific deodorant ( I forgot the name ) and it helped her immensely because she said no matter how many times she tried the BO wouldn't go away.

I have never heard of any school asking graduates to pay for their graduation- where are you based from if you don't mind me asking?

Also if you want to vent about things like this that are not related to suicide you can still vent in offtopic I think.

All the best.
On the BMI scale, I'm in the range of morbidly obese, but I look average-weight, just like the people around me (I live in the Caribbean, so most of the women here are on the bigger side, but they're still healthy).

The healthcare system where I live is alright. It's not for free though. I try not to injure myself as much as possible.

Actually we were supposed to graduate on campus, which was for free, but the other graduates thought it would be too ghetto to graduate in school, so they wanted a more fancier venue so we had to pay for said venue.

I was thinking of posting this on Offtopic, but I didn't see anyone venting there.

Btw I just found out a way to block the smell. If you put on a bunch of powder under your armpit you wont smell anything! :hihi: